Nba fantasy 2009/10 - DONE

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:47 pm
fine wrote:Fantasy basketball: where 'the fate of your team lies in Chris Duhon's three point stroke' happens.

You look like you've got it. Looks like I've lost though

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:59 pm
migya wrote:
fine wrote:Fantasy basketball: where 'the fate of your team lies in Chris Duhon's three point stroke' happens.

Yeah sorry about that mate/dude. Someone had to face Bodyguard. His team is just too good in a bunch of different categories. Very hard to beat. If I do make it to the finals, I just hope Bodyguard doesn't beat me 8-1 or 9-0.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:04 pm
fine wrote:
migya wrote:

Yeah sorry about that mate/dude. Someone had to face Bodyguard. His team is just too good in a bunch of different categories. Very hard to beat. If I do make it to the finals, I just hope Bodyguard doesn't beat me 8-1 or 9-0.

I hope you don't beat me. I have to admit, I was scared to check today's results after the close battle this week. The same goes for the other league.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:10 pm
TheBodyGuard wrote:
fine wrote:
migya wrote:

I hope you don't beat me. I have to admit, I was scared to check today's results after the close battle this week. The same goes for the other league.

I think I've lost both matchups in both leagues, but BodyGuard was a monster this season, especially in this league, and I put up a valiant effort. Baron playing today may have really been the difference

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:29 am
2nd Week of Playoffs:

Championship Playoffs -

Semi Finals - #1 TheBodyGuard beat #5 migya 7-2 - The last day made all the difference as a close matchup was still fairly close, but ended up looking less close than it was. Again, it all went BodyGuard's way.

Semi Finals - #2 Pawno v #3 Fine 5-4 - Fine takes over on the very last day and gets the win. Threes and blocks were very close, but in the end, Fine was able to win out.

For 5th and 6th place:
5th place - #6 Aussie beat #4 xbay 6-2 - Ended up being a pretty easy win for Aussie, who was the leader in this league for the first couple of months incredibly. xbay had three injured players and stayed with them, making it easier for Aussie to get the win. After looking like a pretty good chance of winning one or both leagues, xbay doesn't quite make it when it counted, as happens in the playoffs many times.
Aussie gets 5th

Consolation Playoffs -

Semi Finals - #8 Reg beat #9 Always 5-4 - What a difference Always is in both leagues. He played this week, credit to him, but Reg was a bit stronger in most areas and won a few categories pretty easily. Scola indeed has been good, especially lately.

Semi Finals - #7 TMC beat #11 Eman 7-2 - EMan didn't play this week and so TMC won easily.

11th place - #10 William beat #12 Crackers 5-3 - Neither guy played and thing just played out.

3rd Week of Playoffs:

Championship Playoffs -

Final - #1 TheBodyGuard v #3 Fine - BodyGuard has been dominating in this league and fitting reached the final. Interesting matchup, with Fine not having very good bigs, but great smalls. With Baron and KMart of Rockets healthy, Fine has a real chance of winning. Credit to BodyGuard for making the final of both leagues.

3rd place - #2 Pawno v #5 migya - We meet in this league as well in an all aussie matchup. I think I've got more firepower, but anything can happen in the last week.

Consolation Playoffs -

Final for 7th place - #7 TMC v #8 Reg - The expected final here, going by seeding. These two don't have great bigs, but have very good guards and small players so it could well be close.

9th place - #9 Always v #11 Eman - With EMan not playing any more, Always should win comfortably.

The final week of this league, known as league #1 and different finalists this time. Fine was close last season and this time he makes it

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:15 am
Great summaries migya. I enjoyed reading your summaries all year. I also enjoyed the league. I'm looking forward to winning the consolation and coming back stronger next year. Friggin injuries hurt me this year, but hey, that's the way the cookie crumbles and I don't play the injury blame game. I'm glad Stuckey is back. That was really scary for that guy.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:52 pm
Good rivalry fine- i won't say the better team one this week. But i will say i got out strategized by you < u had some great waiver wire pick ups bro that ultimately payed off > i personally feel that this daily lineup is flawed in that a team can go 20 weeks without really investigating the free agent pool / waiver wire & then when the playoffs roll around it suddenly becomes a plethoria of unused stats. I definately know the terrortry now & think i could of won if i focused on certain statistics. But ray allen really killed my chances yesterday. Total bummer. Anyways pal. I'm gonna be cheering 4 u against bodyguard n look forward to selecting half your roster next season cause as u probably can tell i value the 3 pointer just as much as the next guy :)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:53 pm
PAWNO wrote:Good rivalry fine- i won't say the better team one this week. But i will say i got out strategized by you < u had some great waiver wire pick ups bro that ultimately payed off > i personally feel that this daily lineup is flawed in that a team can go 20 weeks without really investigating the free agent pool / waiver wire & then when the playoffs roll around it suddenly becomes a plethoria of unused stats. I definately know the terrortry now & think i could of won if i focused on certain statistics. But ray allen really killed my chances yesterday. Total bummer. Anyways pal. I'm gonna be cheering 4 u against bodyguard n look forward to selecting half your roster next season cause as u probably can tell i value the 3 pointer just as much as the next guy :)

The rules are the rules and though I don't like anyone doing what can be called "shuffling roster day to day", that is constantly adding and dropping players so they have more active players every day, that didn't happen any time in this league. You can make some changes in one week, just not a real overuse as such.

I'm not for having a weekly setup of rosters, though I'd be in it if enough guys on here want to try next year, maybe have one league one way and the second one the other way

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:56 pm
PAWNO wrote:Good rivalry fine- i won't say the better team one this week. But i will say i got out strategized by you < u had some great waiver wire pick ups bro that ultimately payed off > i personally feel that this daily lineup is flawed in that a team can go 20 weeks without really investigating the free agent pool / waiver wire & then when the playoffs roll around it suddenly becomes a plethoria of unused stats. I definately know the terrortry now & think i could of won if i focused on certain statistics. But ray allen really killed my chances yesterday. Total bummer. Anyways pal. I'm gonna be cheering 4 u against bodyguard n look forward to selecting half your roster next season cause as u probably can tell i value the 3 pointer just as much as the next guy :)

Thanks Pawno. I'm never proud of having to use the free agent pool for the exact reasons you stated. But as long as the rules allow it I have to use it, especially when facing teams like yours. I did lose a couple keys guys around playoff time (Deng, Davis, Battier) so I had the roster spots available for rotating scrubs.

As for beating Bodyguard....I doubt it. I'm pretty burnt out to be honest. I used up all my fantasy magic against you and I'm not sure of what I have left.

And yes, we'll be fighting over Andrea Bargnani next year. FYI - I'm taking him in round 3.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:02 pm
migya wrote:

The rules are the rules and though I don't like anyone doing what can be called "shuffling roster day to day", that is constantly adding and dropping players so they have more active players every day, that didn't happen any time in this league. You can make some changes in one week, just not a real overuse as such.

I'm not for having a weekly setup of rosters, though I'd be in it if enough guys on here want to try next year, maybe have one league one way and the second one the other way

Eh, I'm guilty of that. I got nothing against changing the rules if you'd like to.

It's like being in a fight with a guy much bigger and stronger than you, and having to resort to gonad kicking. It's nothing to be proud of, but it may save you from getting your ass kicked. The problem is if everyone were gonad kickers.....
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:36 pm
Hey guys. I used the same strategy come playoff time. I didn't really see it happening during regular season <only waiver wire pickups, injuries & poor form resulted in the shuffling of lineups> as for next season i'm happy to participate in what ever format we choose. I do like the daily lineups but if both leagues do stay on this course. I myself will create a 3rd league and anyone who wants to play weekly lineups is free to participate. Anyways it may have sounded like i was a sore loser whinging about adding extra players on certain days. But i did participate in the activity & i just got outcoached by fine who had a great team but focused on certain statistics he knew he could win <kinda like how democrats don't really campaign in texas> . . . . Anyways i'm really looking forward to facing migya & hopefully recieving 2 trophys in my yahoo fantasy cabinet!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:52 pm
PAWNO wrote:Hey guys. I used the same strategy come playoff time. I didn't really see it happening during regular season <only waiver wire pickups, injuries & poor form resulted in the shuffling of lineups> as for next season i'm happy to participate in what ever format we choose. I do like the daily lineups but if both leagues do stay on this course. I myself will create a 3rd league and anyone who wants to play weekly lineups is free to participate. Anyways it may have sounded like i was a sore loser whinging about adding extra players on certain days. But i did participate in the activity & i just got outcoached by fine who had a great team but focused on certain statistics he knew he could win <kinda like how democrats don't really campaign in texas> . . . . Anyways i'm really looking forward to facing migya & hopefully recieving 2 trophys in my yahoo fantasy cabinet!

I'd like to continue the two leagues, as we have for about four years now. I'd play in that 3rd league if you made it, as long as enough guys here did as well.

And yea, you are a whining loser and I'd like to smash ya this week :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:31 am
Bosh gone for the rest of the regular season at least, that stings you Pawno, good for me though

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:49 pm
Hey Pawno, what the fuk are you doing! You've dropped a ton of players, many of them real good ones, like Duncan and Prince, for average players. Ifyou're doing the drop and add crap, still, you're stuffing the league right here at the end by giving up great players like that.

Explain yourself

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:09 pm
For the sake of being honest, I'm not even going to pick up those guys. I hope no one does either.
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum