The All MMA Things Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:57 pm
I'd be really surprised if silva or penn loses their title... I have to be at a concert tomorrow with my gf so i'll be missing the fight... that's the 2nd straight ppv i've missed... poo...
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:04 am
Yeah. I think Edgar may challenge Penn a bit, but in the end BJ will take him out. Silva will demolish Maia.

This card is pretty predictable, except the Hughes/Gracie fight. I want Gracie cause I hate Hughes, but hey... you never know. The undercard looks good, too.

But you do know the fight is early in the morning, right? On the west coast, it begins around 9:30 AM. They'll have a tape delay, but I don't think it'll air that night. It's cause it's in Abu Dubai.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:19 pm
Woke up for it and went to my buddy's house. I gotta say the undercard was so much better than the main card.

Mark Munoz got the ground and pound going against Kendall Grove. First round he got roughed up a bit to a point where it looked like he could of lost, but he took over in the second round. Glad to see the Vallejo native do well.

Rafael dos Anjos had a nice armbar on Terry Etim. Definitely a good fight.

Matt Hughes dismantled Renzo Gracie via TKO. Gracie was fatigued and everything. It was a very friendly fight as Hughes always let Gracie get up and even at one point helping him up.

Frankie Edgar SHOCKED me by defeating BJ Penn via unanimous decision. He did well... he held up way better than Florian and Sanchez ever tried. He didn't dominate, but neither did Penn. He also took down Penn... something that hasn't happened in six years from a lightweight. And no lightweight has ever damaged Penn that much. Sherdog had Penn winning and were shocked by the final scores. They said Penn was robbed. At the same time, Penn did not look like the BJ Penn we've all known and seen.

Anderson Silva demolished Damian Maia, as expected, and taunted him so many times throughout via unanimous decision. The first two rounds were domination, but Silva was taunting so much, it made Dana White so pissed at Silva that he threw the belt at Ed Soares' feet and went to the back. I agree that there is NO COMPETITION in his division, but c'mon... you can't joke around like that. Especially since he's been doing it in his past 2-3 fights or so. I'm pretty sure this ends the whole GSP vs Silva fight... cause it would of happened, had Silva not toyed like that. I really think Dana White and Joe Silva need to make Silva a Light Heavyweight and keep him there.

It's fights like those that make you understand why the UFC hasn't broken through to networks like ESPN and NBC.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:09 pm
xbay wrote:Woke up for it and went to my buddy's house. I gotta say the undercard was so much better than the main card.

Mark Munoz got the ground and pound going against Kendall Grove. First round he got roughed up a bit to a point where it looked like he could of lost, but he took over in the second round. Glad to see the Vallejo native do well.

Matt Hughes dismantled Renzo Gracie via TKO. Gracie was fatigued and everything. It was a very friendly fight as Hughes always let Gracie get up and even at one point helping him up.

Frankie Edgar SHOCKED me by defeating BJ Penn via unanimous decision. He did well... he held up way better than Florian and Sanchez ever tried. He didn't dominate, but neither did Penn. He also took down Penn... something that hasn't happened in six years from a lightweight. And no lightweight has ever damaged Penn that much. Sherdog had Penn winning and were shocked by the final scores. They said Penn was robbed. At the same time, Penn did not look like the BJ Penn we've all known and seen.

Anderson Silva demolished Damian Maia, as expected, and taunted him so many times throughout via unanimous decision. The first two rounds were domination, but Silva was taunting so much, it made Dana White so pissed at Silva that he threw the belt at Ed Soares' feet and went to the back. I agree that there is NO COMPETITION in his division, but c'mon... you can't joke around like that. Especially since he's been doing it in his past 2-3 fights or so. I'm pretty sure this ends the whole GSP vs Silva fight... cause it would of happened, had Silva not toyed like that. I really think Dana White and Joe Silva need to make Silva a Light Heavyweight and keep him there.

It's fights like those that make you understand why the UFC hasn't broken through to networks like ESPN and NBC.

isnt there mma in CBS?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:11 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
xbay wrote:Woke up for it and went to my buddy's house. I gotta say the undercard was so much better than the main card.

isnt there mma in CBS?

Strikeforce. But that's ran by a completely different person. Dana White is a complete douchebag and I'm pretty sure most tv people don't like him.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:52 am

Saw Most of ASilva v Maia this morning, before turning it off, because it was getting rather stupid with Silva's clowning around, real ridiculous and disrespectful of him. He dominated, but so what, don't be a fool like that, finish it quickly should have been what he did.

Saw Penn v Edgar and do think Edgar won that, but you really can say it was either way, best a draw. What an upset of sorts and I remember saying that Edgar had a chance and was the most impressive of all of Penn's opponents thus far. Edgar moves so beautifully, just quick and very good striker. Penn has become just a striker which is quite stupid as his Jiu Jitsu is probably the best there is, he is that great. Good to see a change, as Penn seemed unbeatable.

Interesting to hear that ASilva was thinking of going down to Welterweight to go against GSP. Thought it was going to be GSP that went to Middleweight to go against ASilva. Apparently Dana White is so pissed off that he has now said no to that fight

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:28 am
Yeah, it was on if he just finished the fight. He just pissed off Dana by doing that. I think it'll eventually get done, but if it isn't negotiated anytime soon... it'll be too late cause GSP will have an opponent by then like the winner of Koscheck/Daley or Fitch/Alves. Well, then again, Dana could make the winner of those fights go against each other for the right to fight GSP.

Edgar did look good, I don't deny him that. I'm just surprised a judge scored it 50-45. Frankie will be fighting Gray Maynard next most likely.

With Silva, I think it's more of a cocky thing. He feels disrespected by Dana and Joe throwing him three consecutive inferior fighters at him in Forrest Griffin, Damian Maia, and Thales Leites. Make him fight Rampage, GSP, Evans... the top of the crop in the UFC. Stop giving him no competition. I really hope Shogun wins so then Silva could be able to contend for the title instead of bogarding it because Machida is his friend. But the winner of Rampage/Evans fight will take on the winner of Shogun/Machida and after that... it's up in the air.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:35 am
xbay wrote:With Silva, I think it's more of a cocky thing. He feels disrespected by Dana and Joe throwing him three consecutive inferior fighters at him in Forrest Griffin, Damian Maia, and Thales Leites. Make him fight Rampage, GSP, Evans... the top of the crop in the UFC. Stop giving him no competition. I really hope Shogun wins so then Silva could be able to contend for the title instead of bogarding it because Machida is his friend. But the winner of Rampage/Evans fight will take on the winner of Shogun/Machida and after that... it's up in the air.

I really think ASilva should fight much more at Light Heavyweight, it's just he has to defend the Middleweight title as well and at elast two or three times a year. I'd like to see him fight Vera, Couture, Thiago Silva, Jon Jones, there are so many in the incredibly stacked Light Heavyweight division. I also hope Shogun beats Machida, not because I like him kore, because I don't, but he was the real winner of their first fight. That would let ASilva fight for the title at that division then

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:04 pm
silva is crazzyyy.... just finished watching the fight... i'm sure he's had more trouble during sparring... he honestly should move up or down a division...

i have a hard time deciding whether if the middle weight division is weak, or if anderson silva is just too damn good... probably a combination of both

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:38 pm
8th ave wrote:silva is crazzyyy.... just finished watching the fight... i'm sure he's had more trouble during sparring... he honestly should move up or down a division...

i have a hard time deciding whether if the middle weight division is weak, or if anderson silva is just too damn good... probably a combination of both

ASilva is a freak, end of story. Words probably don't explain him

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:38 pm
http://mmajunkie.com/news/18719/anderso ... fc-117.mma

lol... chael sonnen says he has a "moral obligation" to beat up anderson silva... hahaha

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:27 pm
8th ave wrote:http://mmajunkie.com/news/18719/anderson-silva-vs-chael-sonnen-targeted-for-august-in-utah-potentially-ufc-117.mma

lol... chael sonnen says he has a "moral obligation" to beat up anderson silva... hahaha

Oh God... just another fight for Silva to kick Sonnen's ass and then run around the rest of the fight. Unless Sonnen pulls a Forrest Griffin.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:36 pm
ufc 113 in a week and the rematch of Machida v Rua is the main event. I like Machida more, but Rua was the true winner of their first fight a few months ago, should be a good fight, hopefully with alot more action.

Koscheck goes against the large Welterweight Paul Daley in what should be a real good fight. Koscheck is looking to be the next #1 contender and if he wins this, he likely will get the next shot at GSP, especially since Alves and Fitch fight later for the supposed #1 contender. Daley is a bit of a monster at that weight and he smashed through Hazelett easily

All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 2:12 am
migya wrote:ufc 113 in a week and the rematch of Machida v Rua is the main event. I like Machida more, but Rua was the true winner of their first fight a few months ago, should be a good fight, hopefully with alot more action.

Koscheck goes against the large Welterweight Paul Daley in what should be a real good fight. Koscheck is looking to be the next #1 contender and if he wins this, he likely will get the next shot at GSP, especially since Alves and Fitch fight later for the supposed #1 contender. Daley is a bit of a monster at that weight and he smashed through Hazelett easily

i use kos when i play undisputed all the time so i'll be cheerin for him to win..

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 2:22 am
8th ave wrote:
migya wrote:ufc 113 in a week and the rematch of Machida v Rua is the main event. I like Machida more, but Rua was the true winner of their first fight a few months ago, should be a good fight, hopefully with alot more action.

i use kos when i play undisputed all the time so i'll be cheerin for him to win..

I think Daley will win. Dude is talkin' a lot of head, lately... and I don't really like him, but I think he'll win. I can only see Koscheck winning if he takes Daley down.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board