Game Thread: Warriors @ Los Angeles Clippers 2010-04-10

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors beat the other LA team?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:49 pm

YES
43%
NO
57%

Total votes : 7

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:49 pm
Golden State Warriors (24 - 54) @ Los Angeles Clippers (27 - 50)

Start time: 7:30 PM PST @ The Staples Center
Local TV: CSN Bay Area

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Ronny Turiaf
PF - Anthony Tolliver
SF - Corey Maggette
SG - Reggie Williams
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the Los Angeles Clippers:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Chris Kaman
PF - Drew Gooden
SF - Rasual Butler
SG - Eric Gordon
PG - Baron Davis

Team leaders:
PPG - M. Ellis (25.5) | C. Kaman (18.4)
RPG - A. Biedrins (7.8) | D. Gooden (9.9)
APG - S. Curry (5.8) | B. Davis (8.0)
SPG - M. Ellis (2.2) | B. Davis (1.7)
BPG - A. Randolph (1.5) | C. Kaman (1.2)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:55 pm
a must lose game
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:20 pm
Quazza wrote:a must lose game

I feel like we've been saying so for a month already...

Go Clips!!!

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:11 am
I wish the dubs would lose, but they always beat up on the clippers. Morrow will def look to have a big game. Curry maybe another triple double.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:14 am
There's a R-dub photo right here. This laziness is unacceptable

http://www.nba.com/warriors/gametime/pr ... 41010.html
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:34 pm
this game is VERY important to lose. Sacramento is not going to lose again and we very likely wont win again after this game. In order to stay ahead of Sac, we must lose!!!

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:20 pm
I'm going to the game :) and I'm gonna root like hell for our team to win. (and I won't be surprised if there are as many W's fans as Clips fans at the game)

Isn't it enough that the Clips did us the great service of losing to Sacramento? Are a few more balls to play with really worth rooting for the LOS ANGELES Clippers to beat the Warriors? What if if we were playing the Lakers, would you guys actually be rooting for the Warriors to lose to them? I don't believe in karma, but damn, to root against a team you've been a diehard fan of for so long!

Or, another way of looking at it - if this was a Clippers board and we were sick of how our talented team had played way below its potential and we wanted them to lose to get a better draft pick and hope there was a major overhaul in the offseason, then maybe it's a little easier to stomach rooting against your team. But to root against a bunch of pesky overachievers fighting to stay in this league and led by a dynamic rookie point guard that many of the so-called experts doubted, just to get a greater percentage of balls in the draft lottery?

C'mon guys. I know I have no business lecturing longtime Warriors fans who have been through so much more of this than I have, but this just doesn't pass the smell test.

P.S. Nothing personal, I still got mad-respect for most of y'all, so please don't beat me up too bad :wink:
I Believe - that Curry and Monta are gonna have a lot of fun playing together for many years to come.
I Believe - we will be the most improved team in the league next year.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:28 pm
I didn't catch this originally, but here's an example to show my point:

Bada wrote:
this game is VERY important to lose. Sacramento is not going to lose again and we very likely wont win again after this game. In order to stay ahead of Sac, we must lose!!!

Obviously, Bada meant that Sac is not going to win again, but when you get caught up in this parallel universe of rooting for your team to lose down the home stretch and wanting your competitors to win, you're brain has trouble fully buying into this concept, it just can't get itself completely wrapped around it. It's antithetical to how we have always thought about the teams we root for., it's unnatural and dammit it's just not right.
I Believe - that Curry and Monta are gonna have a lot of fun playing together for many years to come.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:39 pm
OR even another way to look at it is that we ARE rooting for the warriors by rooting for them to lose. It absolutely is in the best long term interest for this team. Additionally with new ownership coming in, perhaps as much as half or more of these "pesky" players might not even be on the team.

I think it is vital to be in the top 4 of the draft this year (Wall, TUrner, Favors, Cousins) although Wes Johnson is an ok alternative at 5. After that I see a rather large drop off.

If we win this game, most likely we will finish 4th. That means if ONE team behind us in the lottery moves up to the top 3, we call to 5. OUCH. But if we finish 3rd. that means TWO teams have to move into the top 3 for us to fall to 5. VERY important in my mind.

I certainly see your point and understand it. In my youth you could have not persuaded me in any fashion to EVER root for my team to lose. I guess I see bigger picture stuff now in my "old age"

I mean if the Cavaliers won just ONE more game in the 2002-2003 season, they would have have landed Lebron James. Think Cavs fans wish they could go back and win that ONE meaningless game that would have given them a measly 18 wins on the season? One meaningless win in a lost season OR Lebron James for the next 15 years. Which do you think gives the fans more?

Not saying there is a Lebron in this draft, but rather I think us as fans will get MORE back from losing these meaningless games in a lost season.
Last edited by bada on Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:53 pm
Very valid points Bada.
And obviously, we have had poor-to-mediocre late lottery draft picks in recent years - POB, Ike, Marco, BWright, with the jury still out on Randolph, just to add to your argument, and if Knicks had the 7th last year and W's the 8th, shudder to think...

I just haven't gotten to where you and the others have (and probably never will).

Agree to disagree, let the cards fall as they will and hope for the best.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:57 pm
and AV, again, I totally get your stance and have nothing against it at all.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:53 am
Rehren1296 wrote:There's a R-dub photo right here. This laziness is unacceptable

Does it really matter? Not really.

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:35 pm
Rehren1296 wrote:There's a R-dub photo right here. This laziness is unacceptable

The mysteriousness no photo is intriguing lol
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:34 pm
this is the decider
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:07 pm
AV Dawn wrote:I didn't catch this originally, but here's an example to show my point:

Bada wrote:

Obviously, Bada meant that Sac is not going to win again, but when you get caught up in this parallel universe of rooting for your team to lose down the home stretch and wanting your competitors to win, you're brain has trouble fully buying into this concept, it just can't get itself completely wrapped around it. It's antithetical to how we have always thought about the teams we root for., it's unnatural and dammit it's just not right.

I agree with you AV Dawn. I just can't get behind the tanking mentality. I don't think it helps our current players at all going into next season. It's got to hurt their pride a little to hear that the coach or FO or whatever wants them to lose games so they can get a better rookie.

As for our place in the lottery... it's a crap shoot anyway. Very few of the worst teams have actually had the first pick. and really nobody knows who the best player in the draft is.

The Warriors will get a top 8 pick and as long as their scouts are good then we'll get a top notch player. Personally I want to see us draft Cousins or Wesley Johnson but there are question marks with both of them. Either way we don't need to have the first or second pick to get either of these guys.

I'd also like to see Curry get the ROY. If he has a few more big games I think he has a chance at it. I think a double ROY is more and more likely all the time.

Finally I'd just like to see the Warriors end on some kind of positive note. Nellie getting the record was great, if Curry gets the ROY and D-League Destruction has a few more good games I think the Warriors will go into next season better off.

I can see the reasoning behind the tanking mentality but I don't agree with it.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Next

Return to Game Threads