Should I purchase ESPN Insider?

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:09 pm
Should I purchase ESPN Insider? All the little ESPN Insider titles sound intriguing, which I'm sure is part of how they hook you. Any ESPN Insiders here that would recommend it?
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:03 pm
Chum wrote:Should I purchase ESPN Insider? All the little ESPN Insider titles sound intriguing, which I'm sure is part of how they hook you. Any ESPN Insiders here that would recommend it?

I guess worth it is a relative term. It certainly is not earth shattering but you do get an ESPN the Mag subscription with it and it is a pretty decent mag.

Most of the time when I see a juicy article title on ESPN.com the content does not seem anything more than you can find for free on the other sport sites.

It does aggregate information from various sources so it does help consolidate information which saves you time.

If the cost is really no big deal to you, then yes, go for it. But if you will feel the cost, then not really worth it. It really is more of a convenience than anything else. Getting the mag is probably the only reason I keep it.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:25 pm
I have insider... I had a visa gift card, so i decided to buy it. I like it, and I read an article on the insider often. Bada is right, its not like its some secret info; but it is much more convenient to read.

PLus, i like the PLayer X series.
Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:27 pm
Seems more and more of their online content is becoming INSIDER only. It's frustrating because I used to have it.....before I went to grad school and cut down work to part-time. The monthly cost was hardly noticeable then, and the magazine always made good bathroom reading. Like bada said, if the cost won't hurt you, it's not a bad investment.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:45 pm
Thanks guys. I didn't know you got a magazine with it. I think I'll probably give it a try. It's not very expensive but I hate spending any money on something I won't use.

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:48 pm
I got a free trial with it for a month. Once that expired, they kept sending me the mags. I didn't wanna renew because I didn't have the money to spend on a renewal and other expenses. They stopped sending me the mags after about 3 months.

It's decent. Everything Bada said is true. The magazines are fun to read. Try out a month and see how it is for you.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:05 am
Sounds like we just need a ESPN Insider topic for Crackerz to copy and past articles into :evil:
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:22 am
I really like having Insider. Every morning one of the first things I read are the rumors and that is Insider only. That and John Hollinger's "All-whatever" team and his other Insider only articles are always interesting reads.

I would recommend it if you have the 40 or so dollars to spend on a subscription.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:41 pm
Chum wrote:Should I purchase ESPN Insider? All the little ESPN Insider titles sound intriguing, which I'm sure is part of how they hook you. Any ESPN Insiders here that would recommend it?
NOOOO. Just google any headline you want to read, and it'll be there.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:16 pm
Rehren1296 wrote:
NOOOO. Just google any headline you want to read, and it'll be there.

Really? If that works I'm not getting it. Going to try that.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:46 pm

I agree with Bada. It's a nice convience. I'm just cheap, so I just found other sources to get the information I was looking.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:30 pm

just use the free version, it's called www.realgm.com

only thing I wish is that they'd put hollinger's player reports on espn's site for free. they used to up until this season. it's nice if you really haven't been tracking a player, but you want to find out what his worth is, (for a possible trade). I use Hoop hype occasionally but it really only has what they were like as a rookie, and isn't updated yearly.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:25 am
first off wrote:

just use the free version, it's called www.realgm.com

only thing I wish is that they'd put hollinger's player reports on espn's site for free. they used to up until this season. it's nice if you really haven't been tracking a player, but you want to find out what his worth is, (for a possible trade). I use Hoop hype occasionally but it really only has what they were like as a rookie, and isn't updated yearly.

Thanks First.

Return to Off-Topic Forum