Could be best time to go for Paul

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Chance of getting Paul

1. Great now and with Peja for Monta, Maggette and Bell, definate trade
8%
2. Great now, but you need to give more than that
No votes
3. Great now, but that's giving too much, can get him for less
No votes
4. Still can't get him, though there is some chance right now
31%
5. Can't get him unless you give all the talent, like AR, AB and Monta for Paul and scrubs
8%
6. New Orleans won't give him at all
54%

Total votes : 13

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:09 pm
I wont dispute you on the fact that Paul is better however I just dont like the idea of trading our only marketable assets address an area that is the strength of our team.

We dont NEED to improve at PG. We NEED to improve our frontcourt. Lets use Monta and or our draft pick to get that done. Not to somewhat or marginally improve PG. We are doing just fine there.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:15 pm
bada wrote:I wont dispute you on the fact that Paul is better however I just dont like the idea of trading our only marketable assets address an area that is the strength of our team.

We dont NEED to improve at PG. We NEED to improve our frontcourt. Lets use Monta and or our draft pick to get that done. Not to somewhat or marginally improve PG. We are doing just fine there.

You are absolutely right, but how about the team is able to make a trade of AB and the lottery pick for one of the bigs we've spoken about (MGasol/BLopez/Love/AJeff) first and then we go for this trade. That would mean getting the very good big the team needs at Center, while not keeping the current Center AB, and then getting rid of Monta while getting the best PG there is.

That'd be the best case scenario I think

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:17 pm
migya wrote:
bada wrote:I wont dispute you on the fact that Paul is better however I just dont like the idea of trading our only marketable assets address an area that is the strength of our team.

You are absolutely right, but how about the team is able to make a trade of AB and the lottery pick for one of the bigs we've spoken about (MGasol/BLopez/Love/AJeff) first and then we go for this trade. That would mean getting the very good big the team needs at Center, while not keeping the current Center AB, and then getting rid of Monta while getting the best PG there is.

That'd be the best case scenario I think

I think until we find out exactly where we are picking in the draft, it is too hard to speculate.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:28 pm
I'm a little messed up right now, so I'm having a hard time following this, but am I reading that you are STILL contemplating trading Curry to Paul?

If that's what you are getting at then I vote NO! I'm probably going to be called for jumping the gun here but from here on out I think Curry will be a better PG than Paul. Not saying better career wise. Paul already hit his peak and will drop. He'll still be one of the best. Curry may be the best PG in the league NEXT YEAR!!!

If you are just saying that we get Paul without trading Curry, I don't see it. Mostly because 2 PGs don't work. I wish they did. Paul and Curry are about my two favorite players to watch. Imagine a Curry/Paul backcourt with 10 assists a night each :)
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:29 pm
Chum wrote:I'm a little messed up right now, so I'm having a hard time following this, but am I reading that you are STILL contemplating trading Curry to Paul?

If that's what you are getting at then I vote NO! I'm probably going to be called for jumping the gun here but from here on out I think Curry will be a better PG than Paul. Not saying better career wise. Paul already hit his peak and will drop. He'll still be one of the best. Curry may be the best PG in the league NEXT YEAR!!!

If you are just saying that we get Paul without trading Curry, I don't see it. Mostly because 2 PGs don't work. I wish they did. Paul and Curry are about my two favorite players to watch. Imagine a Curry/Paul backcourt with 10 assists a night each :)

Firstly, Paul is still young and could get even better. Curry is nowhere near as good as Paul, just a PG getting good stats on an awful team. Curry could be as good as Paul, but you know that Paul is already the best there is at PG and you never know with Curry. Curry has alot of improvement

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:12 am
migya wrote:
Chum wrote:I'm a little messed up right now, so I'm having a hard time following this, but am I reading that you are STILL contemplating trading Curry to Paul?

Firstly, Paul is still young and could get even better. Curry is nowhere near as good as Paul, just a PG getting good stats on an awful team. Curry could be as good as Paul, but you know that Paul is already the best there is at PG and you never know with Curry. Curry has alot of improvement

I think we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't see either of us budging on this one. I'll take Curry over CP3.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:13 am
Chum wrote:
migya wrote:

I think we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't see either of us budging on this one. I'll take Curry over CP3.

That's why we have this place bro, to share our opinions.

I do think it is very premature to think Curry is better or even could be better than Paul, but if the team keeps Curry and he does become better, I'll be happy non the less

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:37 am
migya wrote:Just bringing back the topic of Paul. I'd still trade Curry and Monta for Paul, even though many would say that's overpaying for Paul. Everyone is so high on Curry, but Paul is still better, I think a fair bit better. Curry's lack of defense is the bigest difference between the two.

That is what it would take to get Chris Paul. Curry is verry promising, Monta Ellis is verry solid. I'd hate to give up both. Other teams have more to offer? Orlando is more of a preferred destination for Paul. Jameer Nelson and some picks/good contracts are certainliy more attractive than what GS has to offer.

Still an interesting thought. What if you'd only have to give up Ellis+Wright+picks? Would never happen but that'd be pretty sick.. Paul+Curry Combo.. [-o<

NO:

Collison
Ellis
Stoyakavic
West/Wright
Okafor

GS:

Paul/Curry/Bell
Curry/Williams/Bell
Wright/Williams
Lee/Tolliver/Udoh
Biedrins/Gadzuric
!
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:40 am
warchief wrote:
migya wrote:Just bringing back the topic of Paul. I'd still trade Curry and Monta for Paul, even though many would say that's overpaying for Paul. Everyone is so high on Curry, but Paul is still better, I think a fair bit better. Curry's lack of defense is the bigest difference between the two.

That is what it would take to get Chris Paul. Curry is verry promising, Monta Ellis is verry solid. I'd hate to give up both. Other teams have more to offer? Orlando is more of a preferred destination for Paul. Jameer Nelson and some picks/good contracts are certainliy more attractive than what GS has to offer.

Still an interesting thought. What if you'd only have to give up Ellis+Wright+picks? Would never happen but that'd be pretty sick.. Paul+Curry Combo.. [-o<

Wouldn't have two PGs starting together, just doesn't work.

Paul will only go to a contender and that isn't here in GS. He'll go to one of the best teams right now.

If the team is going to get a star, it has to be for one that is not that great right now (still on the rise), on a losing team and/or disgruntled and on the way out. All of those are not easy, but that's what you have to look for, think what happened when the team got Baron

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:39 am
I would do it... I mean we are talking about Paul and Curry, both scrappy PG's who can shoot really well. Curry can play his more natural SG position but also at times bring the ball up. Though the likelihood of happening are slim to none.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:46 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I would do it... I mean we are talking about Paul and Curry, both scrappy PG's who can shoot really well. Curry can play his more natural SG position but also at times bring the ball up. Though the likelihood of happening are slim to none.

That's a very small backcourt and Curry has weak defense. Opposing SGs would have it so easy

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:31 am
migya wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I would do it... I mean we are talking about Paul and Curry, both scrappy PG's who can shoot really well. Curry can play his more natural SG position but also at times bring the ball up. Though the likelihood of happening are slim to none.

That's a very small backcourt and Curry has weak defense. Opposing SGs would have it so easy

yeah it would be small for defensive purposes. But Paul is a solid defender. And Curry was decent against bigger defenders in college. But it would be great offensively. I think its worth it if we had a good defensive big men (though we don't).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:46 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
migya wrote:

yeah it would be small for defensive purposes. But Paul is a solid defender. And Curry was decent against bigger defenders in college. But it would be great offensively. I think its worth it if we had a good defensive big men (though we don't).

You know what, if we could get him, which we can't and he certainly wouldn't want to come here either, I'd get him and put him next to Curry. Why not. Thing is, it'll take giving Monta and another very good player and it might have to be Lee, ofcourse Hornets would have to add plenty of fillers to make the salaries work. I'd give that, but it is an impossibility of such a trade happening I think

Previous

Return to Trades