The Football (Soccer, In The Colonies) Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:09 am
xbay wrote:Messi is truly amazing.

Haha... so true. Did you watch the game, XBay?. He was absolutely dominant, and that's incredibly hard to find in a game like football.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:27 pm
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:Messi is truly amazing.

Haha... so true. Did you watch the game, XBay?. He was absolutely dominant, and that's incredibly hard to find in a game like football.

Not the whole thing. I did get to see him score twice. It really put a stamp on how he truly is the best football player in the world.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:45 pm
xbay wrote:
Not the whole thing. I did get to see him score twice. It really put a stamp on how he truly is the best football player in the world.

Completely disagree!!! For my money Peyton Manning is the best football player in the world!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:18 pm
bada wrote:
xbay wrote:

Completely disagree!!! For my money Peyton Manning is the best football player in the world!

:mrgreen: Let me correct myself... soccer, or better yet... futbol.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:19 pm
xbay wrote:
bada wrote:
xbay wrote:

:mrgreen: Let me correct myself... soccer, or better yet... futbol.

cool. much better
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:54 pm
Hey TMC, who you rooting for? Obviously, Spain... but you rooting for anyone else?

I know I said Portugal earlier, but that was just to mess with you. I'm going with Argentina and Spain, Argentina being my number one.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:12 pm
USA of course... but I am rooting for Spain and Mexico, the other two countries I am representing through my ethnicity. I am also rooting for Africa (Ghana, South Africa, and Ivory Coast).

Africa nations remind me of the mid-majors of college sports. Just hoping they would one day beat the Football SEC or Basketball Big East (representing Europe clubs)... like Senegal in 2002. Great soccer.

I know you were asking TMC, but all spanish people look alike, so i decided to answer. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:28 pm
xbay wrote:Hey TMC, who you rooting for? Obviously, Spain... but you rooting for anyone else?

I know I said Portugal earlier, but that was just to mess with you. I'm going with Argentina and Spain, Argentina being my number one.

Well, obviously after Spain, but I'm rooting for the Dutch team. They always play an open, fluid offensive football (or soccer :wink: ), and that's a key, because soccer can be the most boring sport in the world if not played properly.

I guess I'll have to root a lil' bit for England and the USA as well... Just not Portugal. Not this year (or the next few til Cristiano retires).
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:55 pm
xbay wrote:Hey TMC, who you rooting for? Obviously, Spain... but you rooting for anyone else?

Seems like you were messing with me :banghead: :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:58 pm
Yeah, I'm going with USA as well, Mr. C. Gotta go with the home land country. They're pool isn't all that tough. They have a chance to exit the first round.

It'd be cool if an African country broke through. My friend was talking about watching out for the Germans. Haven't followed or heard anything about them, lately though.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:35 am
bada wrote:
xbay wrote:

Gods sake Bada! get over it!!! football was named football first! :mrgreen:

Also, question, whats the difference between England, Great Britain and the UK again? :wink:

TMC wrote:LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Bigs knows what I'm talking about... :mrgreen: )

LOL, yeah man, wasnt around for that..............thought you might have enjoyed it!

Jesus though, I mean that was probably the greatest individual attacking performance I have ever seen live.............incredible.............AND it was trashing the Arsenal scum! made it even more pretty to watch. :wink:

And then youre boys beat the old Madrid scum at the Bernabeu last weekend huh? good week. :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:48 am
bigstrads wrote:

But America did it BETTER! Soccer sucks!!! :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:05 am
bigstrads wrote:LOL, yeah man, wasnt around for that..............thought you might have enjoyed it!

Jesus though, I mean that was probably the greatest individual attacking performance I have ever seen live.............incredible.............AND it was trashing the Arsenal scum! made it even more pretty to watch. :wink:

And then youre boys beat the old Madrid scum at the Bernabeu last weekend huh? good week. :wink:

Oh, yes!!!. It was an amazing week... and the best is yet to come. Winning the champions AT MADRID it's exactly the best way to finish a season you can think of...

A pity about Man U, mate. The ejection changed the whole game...
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:55 am
bada wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

C'mon Bada, soccer is at least as fun to watch as baseball and it's a lot more fun to play than baseball.

However, American Football is the sport of Kings :) I still think it needs a new name...

Does anyone else like Arena Ball btw? The NFL channel now has Arena Ball Fridays and it's freaking great. I love the speed, rules and scoring of Arena Ball. Seriously. No Mr. Green to follow this post.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:04 pm
Chum wrote:
bada wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

C'mon Bada, soccer is at least as fun to watch as baseball and it's a lot more fun to play than baseball.

However, American Football is the sport of Kings :) I still think it needs a new name...

Does anyone else like Arena Ball btw? The NFL channel now has Arena Ball Fridays and it's freaking great. I love the speed, rules and scoring of Arena Ball. Seriously. No Mr. Green to follow this post.

Baseball and soccer are two sports that are more fun to play than watch. I still love both sports, but I think that if you don't have a specific team you're rooting for, it doesn't make the game as exciting. That's my opinion to say the least.

They brought back Arena Ball? I thought it was out indefinitely?
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board