Monta + our 1st Round Pick for...

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1532
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:07 am
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:19 am
Monta + Our first round draft pick
for
Marc Gasol + OJ mayo + Hamed Haddadi

This trade should work. Would you take this trade?
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:47 am
Chum wrote:Monta + Our first round draft pick
for
Marc Gasol + OJ mayo + Hamed Haddadi

This trade should work. Would you take this trade?


No.
























:mrgreen:

Ok, maybe a bit more detail would be helpful... You know, let's wait to see which kind of pick we have. It it's a top #2 pick, it's not worth it. If it's... say, the #4 pick... maybe.

But considering we rejected Mayo and Thabeet for Monta... I don't see the team going for something like this.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21375
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:41 am
Chum wrote:Monta + Our first round draft pick
for
Marc Gasol + OJ mayo + Hamed Haddadi

This trade should work. Would you take this trade?



I'd do it. Considering we get the good big that we need and a replcement that's as good as Monta and probably a better fir overall any way, I'd do it.

I remember after his rookie season, most people were going on about how Mayo was a real future star and now it seems like most, if not all, are quiet and really don't think much of him. That happens to every rookie that doesn't turn into a star his following season and that's what will happen if the same thing happens with Wall, WJohnson, whichever rookie.

Rookies are overvalued and most people fall for the hype of something new
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1532
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:07 am
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:29 am
I personally would do it, but maybe I'm overvalueing Marc Gasol. To me he is the prototype for an NBA center and I only see him getting much better.

There is no way to get Monta for Gasol, but once you add our first round pick.... I think we would have a chance. Haddadi is just filler to make the trade workable.

I just don't see any of the top five draft picks being as valuable as Gasol. Mayo, as Migs said, isn't too far off from Monta and probably a better fit on our team.

I can see your point TMC if you value Wall or Turner higher than Gasol. Thabeet, as much as I think it would nice to have him as a project, is not in the same ball park as Gasol talent wise.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:59 am
Chum wrote:Monta + Our first round draft pick
for
Marc Gasol + OJ mayo + Hamed Haddadi

This trade should work. Would you take this trade?


Like TMC said, it depends on where our pick is. Top 2 not a chance. If we get a top two pick, I want more value than that if we package that pick WITH Monta

Rookie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:27 pm
Location: Fremont, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:26 pm
The Grizz tried to couple Mayo + others , not Gasol before. Mullen didn't bite then... We need Monta too badly, especially after throwing away last season with the moped incident. I want to watch one year of a healthy players, OTHER moves in the off season could be a plus but don't ship our best player away just quite yet front office. :evil:
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:50 pm
Hypnotized1221 wrote:The Grizz tried to couple Mayo + others , not Gasol before. Mullen didn't bite then... We need Monta too badly, especially after throwing away last season with the moped incident. I want to watch one year of a healthy players, OTHER moves in the off season could be a plus but don't ship our best player away just quite yet front office. :evil:


I would not say we "need Monta badly". What we NEED is post scorer that can rebound. We have plenty of wing scorers (perhaps not as gifted as Monta) and if we can turn him into a big, we need to do it immediately.

I know we had a lot of injuries but it Monta's best statistical year ever, we had one of our worst seasons.

Oh, one other thing, Mullin was LONG gone before the Mayo deal

Rookie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:27 pm
Location: Fremont, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:15 pm
I agree we need a post scorer, and secondly I agree that I don't keep track of the front office as well as others. Ie Larry Riley not Chris Mullin. :D ... Andris Biedrins could be packaged with some of our perimeter shooters, just not monta. Got snubbed for being an all star he's our work horse. You don't get rid of your work horse. I feel that after Nelsons final year is done with, would be the ideal time to determine if Monta being dealt for a trade of A. Bogut, A. Horford, or the likes of Al Jefferson.
We could possibly score a valuable big in the draft. Who knows...
BADA:
I would not say we "need Monta badly". What we NEED is post scorer that can rebound. We have plenty of wing scorers (perhaps not as gifted as Monta) and if we can turn him into a big, we need to do it immediately.
I know we had a lot of injuries but it Monta's best statistical year ever, we had one of our worst seasons.
Oh, one other thing, Mullin was LONG gone before the Mayo deal
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21375
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:33 pm
bada wrote:
Hypnotized1221 wrote:The Grizz tried to couple Mayo + others , not Gasol before. Mullen didn't bite then... We need Monta too badly, especially after throwing away last season with the moped incident. I want to watch one year of a healthy players, OTHER moves in the off season could be a plus but don't ship our best player away just quite yet front office. :evil:


I would not say we "need Monta badly". What we NEED is post scorer that can rebound. We have plenty of wing scorers (perhaps not as gifted as Monta) and if we can turn him into a big, we need to do it immediately.

I know we had a lot of injuries but it Monta's best statistical year ever, we had one of our worst seasons.

Oh, one other thing, Mullin was LONG gone before the Mayo deal



Yea, Monta is good, but not needed. If the team had won 40 games or so, then we could think that Monta is essential to the team, but the team stunk and Monta having a great season, even next to very capable players in Curry and Maggette, was not enough to make the team even mediocre, they were terrible.

The team needs to replace AB and still give AR a chance, though he is no sure thing either, but deserves a chance at least, if only for one or two proper seasons.

I do agree that packaging AB with the lottery pick and/or another good player or two from the team is essential, as you can't get anotherCenter and keep AB
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1532
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:07 am
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:02 pm
migya wrote:
bada wrote:
Hypnotized1221 wrote:The Grizz tried to couple Mayo + others , not Gasol before. Mullen didn't bite then... We need Monta too badly, especially after throwing away last season with the moped incident. I want to watch one year of a healthy players, OTHER moves in the off season could be a plus but don't ship our best player away just quite yet front office. :evil:


I would not say we "need Monta badly". What we NEED is post scorer that can rebound. We have plenty of wing scorers (perhaps not as gifted as Monta) and if we can turn him into a big, we need to do it immediately.

I know we had a lot of injuries but it Monta's best statistical year ever, we had one of our worst seasons.

Oh, one other thing, Mullin was LONG gone before the Mayo deal



Yea, Monta is good, but not needed. If the team had won 40 games or so, then we could think that Monta is essential to the team, but the team stunk and Monta having a great season, even next to very capable players in Curry and Maggette, was not enough to make the team even mediocre, they were terrible.

The team needs to replace AB and still give AR a chance, though he is no sure thing either, but deserves a chance at least, if only for one or two proper seasons.

I do agree that packaging AB with the lottery pick and/or another good player or two from the team is essential, as you can't get anotherCenter and keep AB


I wouldn't think anyone would want to take a chance on Biedrins, but any combination of Biedrins/Azu/Morrow/CJ and our 1st round pick could possibly net us a top big. It depends on how much the team in question wanted a top draft player. If we could pull something like this off we'd still have Monta to either trade or keep. I'd really like to see the FO do something like this.

I'd also be very happy with a sign and trade. Monta + Biedrins together equals about a max salary. If Utah or Toronto knew they weren't going to be able to keep Bosh/Boozer, and if Bosh/Boozer would sign off on it.... :shock: We'd even get to keep our draft pick in that kind of a deal :shock: :shock: :shock:
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21375
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:07 pm
Chum wrote:
migya wrote:
bada wrote:
Hypnotized1221 wrote:The Grizz tried to couple Mayo + others , not Gasol before. Mullen didn't bite then... We need Monta too badly, especially after throwing away last season with the moped incident. I want to watch one year of a healthy players, OTHER moves in the off season could be a plus but don't ship our best player away just quite yet front office. :evil:


I would not say we "need Monta badly". What we NEED is post scorer that can rebound. We have plenty of wing scorers (perhaps not as gifted as Monta) and if we can turn him into a big, we need to do it immediately.

I know we had a lot of injuries but it Monta's best statistical year ever, we had one of our worst seasons.

Oh, one other thing, Mullin was LONG gone before the Mayo deal



Yea, Monta is good, but not needed. If the team had won 40 games or so, then we could think that Monta is essential to the team, but the team stunk and Monta having a great season, even next to very capable players in Curry and Maggette, was not enough to make the team even mediocre, they were terrible.

The team needs to replace AB and still give AR a chance, though he is no sure thing either, but deserves a chance at least, if only for one or two proper seasons.

I do agree that packaging AB with the lottery pick and/or another good player or two from the team is essential, as you can't get anotherCenter and keep AB


I wouldn't think anyone would want to take a chance on Biedrins, but any combination of Biedrins/Azu/Morrow/CJ and our 1st round pick could possibly net us a top big. It depends on how much the team in question wanted a top draft player. If we could pull something like this off we'd still have Monta to either trade or keep. I'd really like to see the FO do something like this.

I'd also be very happy with a sign and trade. Monta + Biedrins together equals about a max salary. If Utah or Toronto knew they weren't going to be able to keep Bosh/Boozer, and if Bosh/Boozer would sign off on it.... :shock: We'd even get to keep our draft pick in that kind of a deal :shock: :shock: :shock:



I much prefer to use your assets, in this case players, to your fullest advantage and by that I mean trying to get as much value back for each player. Trading Monta and AB together, for someone like Bosh, I think is giving too much, though I'd do it, as you get a proven superstar that may actually result in more wins, though if we look at it, the Raps aren't winning much with Bosh anyway. Bosh would have to play Center and properly as well.

I'd much rather try to cash in on the higher value of Maggette right now and package him with AB for a star big. It seems unlikely, but I reckon some GM would do that and that'd allow the team to unload two undesirable contracts and players for a useful player that can help the team win more. I think the TWolves would bite on this, such as Maggette and aB for AJefferson and Sessions. They hardly use Sessions, who really is overpaid for a backup and we take him off their hands for two players that they'd use alot. Maggette can be their SG or SF, whichever CBrewer isn't and AB is their Center next to Love, allowing Love to be more of a scorer.

That allows Monta and the lottery pick to be used to get another star. Even something like Monta and BW for granger and Foster.

There are many options right now that have to be explored. It's not all a hopeless cause
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1532
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:07 am
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:14 pm
migya wrote:
Chum wrote:
migya wrote:
bada wrote:
Hypnotized1221 wrote:The Grizz tried to couple Mayo + others , not Gasol before. Mullen didn't bite then... We need Monta too badly, especially after throwing away last season with the moped incident. I want to watch one year of a healthy players, OTHER moves in the off season could be a plus but don't ship our best player away just quite yet front office. :evil:


I would not say we "need Monta badly". What we NEED is post scorer that can rebound. We have plenty of wing scorers (perhaps not as gifted as Monta) and if we can turn him into a big, we need to do it immediately.

I know we had a lot of injuries but it Monta's best statistical year ever, we had one of our worst seasons.

Oh, one other thing, Mullin was LONG gone before the Mayo deal



Yea, Monta is good, but not needed. If the team had won 40 games or so, then we could think that Monta is essential to the team, but the team stunk and Monta having a great season, even next to very capable players in Curry and Maggette, was not enough to make the team even mediocre, they were terrible.

The team needs to replace AB and still give AR a chance, though he is no sure thing either, but deserves a chance at least, if only for one or two proper seasons.

I do agree that packaging AB with the lottery pick and/or another good player or two from the team is essential, as you can't get anotherCenter and keep AB


I wouldn't think anyone would want to take a chance on Biedrins, but any combination of Biedrins/Azu/Morrow/CJ and our 1st round pick could possibly net us a top big. It depends on how much the team in question wanted a top draft player. If we could pull something like this off we'd still have Monta to either trade or keep. I'd really like to see the FO do something like this.

I'd also be very happy with a sign and trade. Monta + Biedrins together equals about a max salary. If Utah or Toronto knew they weren't going to be able to keep Bosh/Boozer, and if Bosh/Boozer would sign off on it.... :shock: We'd even get to keep our draft pick in that kind of a deal :shock: :shock: :shock:



I much prefer to use your assets, in this case players, to your fullest advantage and by that I mean trying to get as much value back for each player. Trading Monta and AB together, for someone like Bosh, I think is giving too much, though I'd do it, as you get a proven superstar that may actually result in more wins, though if we look at it, the Raps aren't winning much with Bosh anyway. Bosh would have to play Center and properly as well.

I'd much rather try to cash in on the higher value of Maggette right now and package him with AB for a star big. It seems unlikely, but I reckon some GM would do that and that'd allow the team to unload two undesirable contracts and players for a useful player that can help the team win more. I think the TWolves would bite on this, such as Maggette and aB for AJefferson and Sessions. They hardly use Sessions, who really is overpaid for a backup and we take him off their hands for two players that they'd use alot. Maggette can be their SG or SF, whichever CBrewer isn't and AB is their Center next to Love, allowing Love to be more of a scorer.

That allows Monta and the lottery pick to be used to get another star. Even something like Monta and BW for granger and Foster.

There are many options right now that have to be explored. It's not all a hopeless cause


All good ideas Migya. I just think we are going to have to overpay a bit for the top end quality.

Also, I'm not really a huge Bosh fan but there is no doubt he'd help any team he's on. I want a dominating physical presence in the paint. I think our best shot at that is Boozer. I know it's a contract year for him, but honestly I think he is just now coming into his own and his push for a big contract has helped him realize it.

I think whoever get's Boozer will be a playoff contender. Therefore we should get Boozer :) Monta + Beans + Azu + Morrow for a Boozer sign & trade.... done and done for me.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21375
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:31 pm
Chum wrote:
migya wrote:
Chum wrote:
migya wrote:
bada wrote:
Hypnotized1221 wrote:The Grizz tried to couple Mayo + others , not Gasol before. Mullen didn't bite then... We need Monta too badly, especially after throwing away last season with the moped incident. I want to watch one year of a healthy players, OTHER moves in the off season could be a plus but don't ship our best player away just quite yet front office. :evil:


I would not say we "need Monta badly". What we NEED is post scorer that can rebound. We have plenty of wing scorers (perhaps not as gifted as Monta) and if we can turn him into a big, we need to do it immediately.

I know we had a lot of injuries but it Monta's best statistical year ever, we had one of our worst seasons.

Oh, one other thing, Mullin was LONG gone before the Mayo deal



Yea, Monta is good, but not needed. If the team had won 40 games or so, then we could think that Monta is essential to the team, but the team stunk and Monta having a great season, even next to very capable players in Curry and Maggette, was not enough to make the team even mediocre, they were terrible.

The team needs to replace AB and still give AR a chance, though he is no sure thing either, but deserves a chance at least, if only for one or two proper seasons.

I do agree that packaging AB with the lottery pick and/or another good player or two from the team is essential, as you can't get anotherCenter and keep AB


I wouldn't think anyone would want to take a chance on Biedrins, but any combination of Biedrins/Azu/Morrow/CJ and our 1st round pick could possibly net us a top big. It depends on how much the team in question wanted a top draft player. If we could pull something like this off we'd still have Monta to either trade or keep. I'd really like to see the FO do something like this.

I'd also be very happy with a sign and trade. Monta + Biedrins together equals about a max salary. If Utah or Toronto knew they weren't going to be able to keep Bosh/Boozer, and if Bosh/Boozer would sign off on it.... :shock: We'd even get to keep our draft pick in that kind of a deal :shock: :shock: :shock:



I much prefer to use your assets, in this case players, to your fullest advantage and by that I mean trying to get as much value back for each player. Trading Monta and AB together, for someone like Bosh, I think is giving too much, though I'd do it, as you get a proven superstar that may actually result in more wins, though if we look at it, the Raps aren't winning much with Bosh anyway. Bosh would have to play Center and properly as well.

I'd much rather try to cash in on the higher value of Maggette right now and package him with AB for a star big. It seems unlikely, but I reckon some GM would do that and that'd allow the team to unload two undesirable contracts and players for a useful player that can help the team win more. I think the TWolves would bite on this, such as Maggette and aB for AJefferson and Sessions. They hardly use Sessions, who really is overpaid for a backup and we take him off their hands for two players that they'd use alot. Maggette can be their SG or SF, whichever CBrewer isn't and AB is their Center next to Love, allowing Love to be more of a scorer.

That allows Monta and the lottery pick to be used to get another star. Even something like Monta and BW for granger and Foster.

There are many options right now that have to be explored. It's not all a hopeless cause


All good ideas Migya. I just think we are going to have to overpay a bit for the top end quality.

Also, I'm not really a huge Bosh fan but there is no doubt he'd help any team he's on. I want a dominating physical presence in the paint. I think our best shot at that is Boozer. I know it's a contract year for him, but honestly I think he is just now coming into his own and his push for a big contract has helped him realize it.

I think whoever get's Boozer will be a playoff contender. Therefore we should get Boozer :) Monta + Beans + Azu + Morrow for a Boozer sign & trade.... done and done for me.



You know, I've never been a huge fan of Bosh, mostly because he doesn't defend that great, good but not great, not blocking many shots at all, and the Raps have never really been a great team and they are showing that this season. Getting him would not necessarily mean the team would win more.

Boozer I've never thought was great, but do think he's very good and the thing with him is that his team wins alot. It is not just Boozer, but Deron that are the main reasons the Jazz win, as well as Sloan, who I still think is overlooked. The problem I see is that Boozer is not a Center and not that good of a defender and I don't want to get rid of aR, at least not before he has a proper chance, like two straight seasons, to show what he can do when used properly. I do believe that Boozer does make a team a fair bit better though.

To be honest, if I was somewhat sure that Amare was going to play properly as he always has and not just get a huge contract and not care so much anymore (which I think might well happen), I'd want him. He is not playing the defense he used to incidently and that is something that is a big negative, because when he used to defend and block shots, he was a complete player, I haven't seen that as much this season.

The team needs a Center that is a star somewhat, but that at least can score quite well, but definately rebounds and blocks shots real well. Couple that with aR scoring quite well and rebounding and blocking shots real well, as well as having Turiaf off the bench rebounding and blocking shots real well, you have a foundation of good solid bigs that cover the defense real well and you need that to have any hope of being successful. That' s what has really turned me off of Nelson as well as the management when looking at the roster from a role purpose point of view. I think the team could really have the right pieces to be a playoff team, but those players just aren't used properly and the team management and Nelson just aren't the sort to motivate and inspire you to want to do well, quite the opposite actually.

I see AB with good rebounding and pretty good shotblocking ability, AR moreso, Turiaf getting there with rebounding and always a good shotblocker and always an energy player, and that is the defensive foundation you need. BW, when healthy ofcourse, is not great, but can rebound and block shots as well, adding to the good defensive bigs who are active. Azu has defensive and allround abilities and the other players provide scoring, outside shooting and athleticism. The team has players that could win more, used properly ofcourse.

Saying all that, the Centers I'd prefer are MGasol, Love, BLopez or AJefferson, probably in that order, since AJefferson may well not recover from his injury and surgery
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1532
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:07 am
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:02 am
migya wrote:Saying all that, the Centers I'd prefer are MGasol, Love, BLopez or AJefferson, probably in that order, since AJefferson may well not recover from his injury and surgery


That's exactly what my list looks like. Same order and same view on Big Al.

The only way we have a shot at Gasol/Love/Lopez is by trading Monta and probably our first round pick. I think most would say we are overpaying, maybe, but that's the only way we are getting one of those guys. Al could maybe come with Monta plus another player like Azu or Morrow.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1036
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:07 pm
Location: Look behind you
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:12 pm
Gay+Gasol for Monta+top2draftpick

:) :) :) :)
~LilBallerx~

Image
Next

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron