AMERICANS PLAY WITH .... THEMSELVES!

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:05 pm
So after 2 really exciting rounds of Formula 1 Car racing having reignited my love for Motorsports, it's got me thinking about how the United States have to create there own competitions and compete in there own past times.

Sure there's sports like BASEBALL & FOOTBALL which are unique to there country and if any foreinger wants to play it then they'd have to be willing to move to the land of freedom.

But how about Motorsports? The Premier Car Racing event in the world is made of International Drivers & International Car Manufacturers but yet there's not 1 American person or company competing in this event.

Don't get me wrong NASCAR is probably a great sport (for anyone missing there front teeth) but i kind of find the Americans mentality of going it's loneself and having there own competition as Lame.

I understand the importance of having PREMIER WORLD CLASS COMPETITION based in America due to the CORPORATE DOLLARS it can create (I.E the NBA) But i'm really keen to see America take over the world (I.E EVERY YEAR, NOT JUST AT THE OLYMPICS) Cause without Tiger Woods brilliance in Golf... I just don't know too many other Americans dominating there sports on a international stage level (oh yeah Michael Phelps)

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:59 pm
Lance Armstrong destroyed the European peloton for seven years. Sure he basically only raced one month of the season but no one was able to come close to him for seven years. He's not only American, he's a TEXAN.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:15 am
PAWNO wrote:So after 2 really exciting rounds of Formula 1 Car racing having reignited my love for Motorsports, it's got me thinking about how the United States have to create there own competitions and compete in there own past times.

Sure there's sports like BASEBALL & FOOTBALL which are unique to there country and if any foreinger wants to play it then they'd have to be willing to move to the land of freedom.

But how about Motorsports? The Premier Car Racing event in the world is made of International Drivers & International Car Manufacturers but yet there's not 1 American person or company competing in this event.

Don't get me wrong NASCAR is probably a great sport (for anyone missing there front teeth) but i kind of find the Americans mentality of going it's loneself and having there own competition as Lame.

I understand the importance of having PREMIER WORLD CLASS COMPETITION based in America due to the CORPORATE DOLLARS it can create (I.E the NBA) But i'm really keen to see America take over the world (I.E EVERY YEAR, NOT JUST AT THE OLYMPICS) Cause without Tiger Woods brilliance in Golf... I just don't know too many other Americans dominating there sports on a international stage level (oh yeah Michael Phelps)
NASCAR is actually older than Formula 1 - the reason why Americans have their own motor sports is for the same reason as other sports you've mentioned - it originated here.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:50 am
JREED23 wrote:
PAWNO wrote:So after 2 really exciting rounds of Formula 1 Car racing having reignited my love for Motorsports, it's got me thinking about how the United States have to create there own competitions and compete in there own past times.

NASCAR is actually older than Formula 1 - the reason why Americans have their own motor sports is for the same reason as other sports you've mentioned - it originated here.

Yeah ok for real?

NASCAR is older then Formula 1... No ****!

That's another thing... Whats the **** with driving around in a cirlcular style track... put some hairpins into i say!!!
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:56 am
PAWNO wrote:
JREED23 wrote:

Yeah ok for real?

That's another thing... Whats the **** with driving around in a cirlcular style track... put some hairpins into i say!!!

They should make NASCAR the ultimate in redneck sports. Let them drink beer while they drive and let them shoot at each other with shotguns :mrgreen:
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:57 am
PAWNO wrote:
JREED23 wrote:

Yeah ok for real?

yup nascar is about 2 years older. It's funny how misinformed you guys are about the sport. Magnificent display of ignorance there chum - well done. I'm actually all for some stereotypes and racial humor but only when it is the least bit funny or clever, that was just dumb...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:47 am
Haha.. .. COME On Jreed. Nascar is renouned for being a un-educated sports. I mean how can u possibly expect someone to break concentration of those cars slingshotting around a repetitive track. I don't think it's just for rednecks <especially with former nfl coach alex gibbs having cars in the competition & will farrel making a classic comedy about one of the sports greatest circuits > . . . & when i say circuits. How can u honestly appreciate the difference in the daytona track compared to talegdala.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:30 pm
NASCAR... uhhh.

Yeah, that's a redneck's "sport." I can't imagine sitting on a couch watching cars drive in a circle 300 times or whatever the laps are. They love it down in there in the south... Georgia, Alabama, those states.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:22 pm
xbay wrote:NASCAR... uhhh.

Yeah, that's a redneck's "sport." I can't imagine sitting on a couch watching cars drive in a circle 300 times or whatever the laps are. They love it down in there in the south... Georgia, Alabama, those states.

Here's weird NBA/NASCAR crossover. Dr. J. was/is a big NASCAR fan and bought his own NASCAR race team. Not sure if he still has it.

Watching NASCAR on tv is boring as hell, but I've been told it's a completely different event in person. You can appreciate the speed better in person.

Anyway I still think they should have beer and shotguns.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:52 pm
Chum wrote:
Watching NASCAR on tv is boring as hell, but I've been told it's a completely different event in person. You can appreciate the speed better in person.

ha ha. Lol yes u can appreciate the speed better in person.. I imagine chum is referring to all the great speed/meth being boiled in the rednecks trailers in the parking lot. U know taking nothing away from nfl tailgating. But i reckon nascar fans could outdrink & outparty any guy on sunday morning at a nfl parking lot.. .. Still i don't know how i could prefer watching nascar in the flesh as opposed to tv. You'd be screaming for a chiropractor by lap 4 from a sore neck <least when u watch on your tv. Your plasma ain't spinning around the same lap> perhaps watching nascar is like going to the oakland raiders? If nothing exciting is going on the field/circuit u can still always keep yourself entertainly occupied when u watch rednecks/derolicts get arrested by Five-O :mrgreen:

Return to Sports Board