Game Thread: Warriors @ Los Angeles Clippers 2010-03-28

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Who will win the battle of the lottery bound?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:25 pm

Warriors
83%
Clippers
17%

Total votes : 6

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:25 pm
Golden State Warriors (20 - 52) @ Los Angeles Clippers (27 - 45)

Start time: 6:30 PM PST @ The Staples Center
Local TV: CSN Bay Area

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Ronny Turiaf
PF - Corey Maggette
SF - Anthony Morrow
SG - Monta Ellis
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the Los Angeles Clippers:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Chris Kaman
PF - Drew Gooden
SF - Rasual Butler
SG - Eric Gordon
PG - Baron Davis

Team leaders:
PPG - M. Ellis (25.7) | C. Kaman (18.5)
RPG - A. Biedrins (7.8) | D. Gooden (9.9)
APG - S. Curry (5.6) | B. Davis (8.0)
SPG - M. Ellis (2.3) | B. Davis (1.7)
BPG - A. Randolph (1.5) | C. Kaman (1.2)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:46 pm
Oh man, I hate to say it, but the Warriors are making it look like they'd have a winning record if Monta had been out for the season. They just look so much more like a real team.
* Underhanded Beans Fanclub Leader *

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:48 pm
How unsymmetrical are the faces on the pics of the clippers.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:53 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:How unsymmetrical are the faces on the pics of the clippers.

lol I was thinking they look like a post-apocalyptic mutant biker gang.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:53 pm
any working link to the game?

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:55 pm
The Clippers who are 2-8 last 10 games, wrong team to get excited winning over.

Wrong time to start winning games, other teams are right behind us for worser records, here we go again 7-8th pick.

Clippers are tanking foreal take notes warriors.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:57 pm
Chum wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:How unsymmetrical are the faces on the pics of the clippers.

lol I was thinking they look like a post-apocalyptic mutant biker gang.

that works too, i guess.

BTW, Krome is amazing to still do this despite the pathetic team we have. Unbelievable!

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:58 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:The Clippers who are 2-8 last 10 games, wrong team to get excited winning over.

Wrong time to start winning games, other teams are right behind us for worser records, here we go again 7-8th pick.

maybe we can win 4 more and still be behind the clips. just 4 more so nellie can retire already.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:03 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:The Clippers who are 2-8 last 10 games, wrong team to get excited winning over.

lol You want the Warriors to throw games so we get a couple % points more in the draft? We're going to get a top 5 or 6 pick, and regardless what anyone says nobody knows who'll be the best player out of that group.

Whatever, I'd rather see the players have some pride at the end of the season. I'd like to see Nellie get the record and I'd like to see Curry get the ROY. I'd also like to see D-League Destruction get some meaningful play time.... because some of them will be back next season :)

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:03 pm
monchu wrote:

maybe we can win 4 more and still be behind the clips. just 4 more so nellie can retire already.

I wish he would retire after getting his tainted record but dont see that happening.

But we are hurting our lottery chances now, teams like Detriot, Wizards, are in full tank mode and here we are with pointless wins. Revolving door of mid lottery picks that will not land us the impact type we need.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:13 am
yeah Washington won't win another game this season.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:30 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:
monchu wrote:

I wish he would retire after getting his tainted record but dont see that happening.

But we are hurting our lottery chances now, teams like Detriot, Wizards, are in full tank mode and here we are with pointless wins. Revolving door of mid lottery picks that will not land us the impact type we need.

Totally right and not a surprise that this team does it the wrong way around.

Expect a 7th or 8th pick and continued shiit next season

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:50 pm
migya wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:
monchu wrote:

Yeah, I know...I hate to hear it too. I wouldn't call them "pointless" wins though. I mean...they are playing pretty much all over their guys so it's not like their particularly sitting people. I think the other team is just playing worse when the Warriors win =)
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:57 pm
migya wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:
monchu wrote:

We got Curry with the 8th pick last year and he was the best player in the draft :)

No need to panic because we win a few games down the stretch. The draft is a crap shoot. Any player in the top 10 could turn out to be the best one. People on this forum keep posting who they want us to draft, myself included, but the same 5 guys are always chosen and nobody really knows which will be the best.

Wall/Turner/Cousins/Johnson/Favors probably can't go wrong with any of those.

I keep clamoring for us to get Cousins, but maybe Hassan Whiteside or Greg Monroe turns out to be the best big in the draft /shrug.

Two words... Crap Shoot.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:13 am
Chum wrote:
migya wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:
monchu wrote:

We got Curry with the 8th pick last year and he was the best player in the draft :)

No need to panic because we win a few games down the stretch. The draft is a crap shoot. Any player in the top 10 could turn out to be the best one. People on this forum keep posting who they want us to draft, myself included, but the same 5 guys are always chosen and nobody really knows which will be the best.

Wall/Turner/Cousins/Johnson/Favors probably can't go wrong with any of those.

I keep clamoring for us to get Cousins, but maybe Hassan Whiteside or Greg Monroe turns out to be the best big in the draft /shrug.

Two words... Crap Shoot.

The team doesn't need any more rookies, there is more than enough youth here. Also, the only sure thing is Wall, at least in a true value in a trade sort of sure thing. Any other pick and it is no sure thing and just another addition of an unproven player to the team, though one that is on relatively low salary, as rookies are. A trade for a proven very good player or two is what is needed and the higher the draft pick, the more value

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Game Threads