Kevin Durant.....meh.

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:41 pm
I know this guy is an outstanding offensive player......but there is nothing about his game that excites me at all. Sure, for a player his height, he's ridiculously versatile and can shoot the hell out of the ball. But, really, what else can he do? He hasn't demonstrated the ability to set up his teammates, and for a player his height you'd think he would grab more boards and block more shots. Don't get me wrong.....I'd take him in heartbeat over just about anyone on the Warriors besides Curry...but when I think about the games best all-around players I don't think he's in the conversation.

This thread doesn't necessarily have to be about him. Feel free to name another player that you think is undeservedly lauded as a "great" player. Melo is another one that comes to mind... Or just feel free to tell me I am an idiot.

Oooh, I guess this is very similar to another topic about best SF in the West down below. Mods can feel free to delete......
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:59 pm
Just look at his averages and watch Durant play :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:05 pm
You sir, are a fking idiot.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:13 pm
LOL. Durant is averaging 7.5 boards and 1 block a game. He's playing SG/SF at 6-9. Averaged 20ppg as a rookie. What more do you want from him?
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:31 pm
Beast Mode wrote:You sir, are a fking idiot.

hahah :D :D :D

i LOVE watching this kid play. I can't remember another player his height (apparently he's 6 11 now - but he wont admit it lol) who plays so smoothly. It almost looks like he's not even trying

Easily, my fave non Warrior. I've even got his creamsicle sneakers. You seen those things? They're ugly as hell!

Man if Steph Curry ever gets his own Nike signature shoe, Im gonna be broke as a joke lol
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:54 pm
you all didn't quite hear what i said...... i never said Durant sucks. he is an EXCELLENT player. and i don't give a crap about averages. i just don't get excited to watch him play.....for whatever reason. maybe he makes it look too easy??????

Return to NBA Forum