Game Thread: Warriors @ San Antonio Spurs 2010-03-19

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the 'D-League destruction' show up against the Spurs?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:56 pm

YES
60%
NO
40%

Total votes : 5

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:14 pm
I'm gonna go ahead and do the Dubs a favor on this one and throw in the towel. Stop the game!
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:19 pm
who the hell is guarding (or should I say NOT guarding) Ginobli?
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:26 pm
bada wrote:who the hell is guarding (or should I say NOT guarding) Ginobli?

Corky..
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:17 pm
I started watching late in the 4th. WTF????

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:43 am
i've watched first half of the game and what i saw was not pretty. ginobli did whatever he wanted, so did hill running around and causing havoc in warrior ''defense'' which was totally unexistant that night. after nelson got thrown out, i knew it's gonna be major loss, believe, if anyone could do anything against that team it was surely not keith smart (god, he's bad). of course ellis can't control the WHOLE game, that is obvious. he may be good at point for stretches but not for long periods (as i finished watching at the half, ellis already had all of his 4 assists, none after that, as i see from boxscore). that said, refs didn't help either, by giving three fouls each our big men (hunter plus tolliver) in first quarter alone. there was zero pace, and as such, half court sets were dominated by spurs, and since there was zero chance at deffense inside and monta (and whoever else tried to guard him) was totally outsmarted by ginobli, it was easily a disaster. hence, even though 16 down, i did not watch second half.
i had a thought, that maybe nelson saw it's gonna be so bad and decided to get a technical and leave early. refs let the spurs play their game since beggining. it's not that we could have beaten the team otherwise, but constant foul calling doesn't help either. it was reported that at some point - i think - george and maggete came to the ref and said - let US play the game. well, i guess, refs need to be stars at time too.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Previous

Return to Game Threads