What would you trade for Bogut?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:57 am
I've been fixated on the Warriors needing a true center who can rebound, block shots and play D in the paint. Knowing we'll never get D. Howard I've been looking at other centers around the league. Bogut has become one of my favorites.

I'm wondering what people here would be willing to trade for Bogut. I'd also like your take on Bogut fitting in on this Warriors team and his overall play style. I've only seen him play a little this year but he was impressive. His stats are very impressive.

So, what would you trade for Bogut?
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:04 am
Chum wrote:I've been fixated on the Warriors needing a true center who can rebound, block shots and play D in the paint. Knowing we'll never get D. Howard I've been looking at other centers around the league. Bogut has become one of my favorites.

I'm wondering what people here would be willing to trade for Bogut. I'd also like your take on Bogut fitting in on this Warriors team and his overall play style. I've only seen him play a little this year but he was impressive. His stats are very impressive.

it doesnt matter what the Warriors would give up for him, we dont have enough to pry him away from the Bucks. they are finally building something there in Milwaukee and wont bust it up now. Bogut may be moved at some point, but it will be at the end of his career.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:44 am
"Always" Next wrote:
Chum wrote:I've been fixated on the Warriors needing a true center who can rebound, block shots and play D in the paint. Knowing we'll never get D. Howard I've been looking at other centers around the league. Bogut has become one of my favorites.

it doesnt matter what the Warriors would give up for him, we dont have enough to pry him away from the Bucks. they are finally building something there in Milwaukee and wont bust it up now. Bogut may be moved at some point, but it will be at the end of his career.

Our 1st round draft pick plus AR? That's a lot for any single player.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:16 pm
Chum wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

Our 1st round draft pick plus AR? That's a lot for any single player.

Honestly, I dont think it would be enough. Im not sure how much value AR has around the league? Bogut is an elite Center, a position that is the hardest to fill in the league.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:25 pm
"Always" Next wrote:

That's right, Bogut isn't going anywhere, not for what we could give, unless it's our lottery pick and even then it'd have to be Wall.

I don't think Bogut would fit in here anyway and I'd rather go for a big that has had more than one good season

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:30 pm
Top 4 pick or Curry would be our best possible offers; unfortunately they don't really have a need for either of them. Bogut is much more valuable to them.

Migya wrote:I don't think Bogut would fit in here anyway and I'd rather go for a big that has had more than one good season

And WOW @ Migya hating on Bogut. Where is the love for your kinda/sorta countryman??
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:36 am
fine wrote:Top 4 pick or Curry would be our best possible offers; unfortunately they don't really have a need for either of them. Bogut is much more valuable to them.

Migya wrote:I don't think Bogut would fit in here anyway and I'd rather go for a big that has had more than one good season

And WOW @ Migya hating on Bogut. Where is the love for your kinda/sorta countryman??

Saying it like it is, Bogut has only had one good season and that is this season. Not enough for me and there are better options

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:53 pm
Ship of Beadrins, I'm not spelling his name right but I don't care. Not in love with Anthony M., or Corey M. Package deal I'm down throw in a 2nd rounder and rights to Anthony T. too. We have too many people coming back from injury and Anthony T. would not get much playing time, Kelenna A. coming back will give us better three point shooting. Morrow is too one dimensional and frustrates the piss out of me. Ship him off now while others think he is a wow shooter, while we as warrior fans know that he camps on the arch with his hands up and not much else.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:58 pm
So a bunch of our crap for a center a center that is averaging 16pts game along with being 2nd in the league in blocks and top 10 in rebounding? Sign me up!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:00 pm
although after seeing his elbow injury video, maybe not. eww that was nasty!!! :sad1:

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:21 pm
He had to go for the dunk, not so much... Sign me up indeed, I was thinking in a perfect world. Not as if they would really go for it... I do dislike morrow tho no joke. He could be worth some value maybe not for the Bucks but hopefully for someone, and someone soon. :wink:
Migya:
That's right, Bogut isn't going anywhere, not for what we could give, unless it's our lottery pick and even then it'd have to be Wall.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:25 pm
Obviously there is a lot of trade talk from us fans on this board wanting to trade for a legitmate "big". Most of them involve Biedrins, Maggette, Morrow, etc and various combinations of the like.

However I think we need to realize that any of those are very unlikely. It is unrealistic to think we can trade for one of these "bigs" without giving up Curry, Monta our our high draft pick or most likely a combination of 2 of those.

I think most of us feel the one we for sure will not deal is Curry. This leaves Monta and/or our pick as our best chance to secure a legitimate post player. Monta alone will not do it.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:35 pm
I think to talk big man the warriors need to change philosophy, only successful big man i recall under Nellie is DIRK, and he can shoot, so while it would be great to have a post player, the over-rated ones like Gasol, Jefferson, won't be half as effective on the Warriors.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:38 pm
bada wrote:Obviously there is a lot of trade talk from us fans on this board wanting to trade for a legitmate "big". Most of them involve Biedrins, Maggette, Morrow, etc and various combinations of the like.

However I think we need to realize that any of those are very unlikely. It is unrealistic to think we can trade for one of these "bigs" without giving up Curry, Monta our our high draft pick or most likely a combination of 2 of those.

I think most of us feel the one we for sure will not deal is Curry. This leaves Monta and/or our pick as our best chance to secure a legitimate post player. Monta alone will not do it.

I think the TWolves could be willing to give either AJefferson or Love, likely more AJefferson for something like AB and Azu or the lottery pick. It definately can be done as that franchise does some stupid things and has already tried to trade AJeff.

Monta could then be traded for something else, like trying to go for a SF, if Azu were to go or for another SG, replacing Monta. Maybe Gay could play SG here. A player that is more allround and bigger than Monta would be a much better fit

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:22 pm
migya wrote:
bada wrote:Obviously there is a lot of trade talk from us fans on this board wanting to trade for a legitmate "big". Most of them involve Biedrins, Maggette, Morrow, etc and various combinations of the like.

I think the TWolves could be willing to give either AJefferson or Love, likely more AJefferson for something like AB and Azu or the lottery pick. It definately can be done as that franchise does some stupid things and has already tried to trade AJeff.

Monta could then be traded for something else, like trying to go for a SF, if Azu were to go or for another SG, replacing Monta. Maybe Gay could play SG here. A player that is more allround and bigger than Monta would be a much better fit

If we were trading our pick to the T-Wolves , that would mean the T-Wolves, as the standings are now, would be drafting 2nd, 3-6 ( our pick ), 24th,32nd, 42nd, and 46th. ( 6 picks) I think they'll be more apt to sell picks. Though it is a high pick.
War Years
Next

Return to Trades