Game Thread: Toronto Raptors @ Warriors 2010-03-13

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors find a way to win against Toronto?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:28 pm

YES
43%
NO
57%

Total votes : 7

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:05 am
Chum wrote:
AV Dawn wrote:Chum,
I absolutely admit that! Tolliver did a tremendous amount of work down low to help the Dubs win.

I actually had written: "If Tolliver had a low-post offensive game, he would be special." --- but then I deleted the second part cause I didn't know if that was going too far, and I had already used the word special re: Curry.

I still think Turiaf and Tolliver coming off the bench would be good.

warriorsstepup wrote:Chum, this will excite you, Toliver was a +21.

We out-rebounded a team, 42-39, say what.

:)

Steinmetz was bold tonight. He slammed Chris Bosh. I gotta admit Bosh looked like less than a super-star tonight. I don't think he's worth the top money.

Steinmetz also basically said that a Curry/Monta backcourt isn't a long term solution. They need to "upgrade" the backcourt.

Steinmetz went on to talk about the draft. He said he liked Turner but felt we would have to take Wall if he was there for us. He left himself an out by saying "If the Warriors feel that Wall is special" they have to take him.

I like Steinmetz. I see him really struggling with choosing whether to say how he really feels as a blue collar basketball guy, and his new role on tv of having to first think, "how's that going to play in Warrior tv land?" The permanent grin and the words not said, say a lot sometimes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:01 pm
I don't get it... take Wall and then what? Keep him? No way. We got Stephen Curry. Even if we draft him and trade Monta away, I still don't like the idea. What are you gonna do? Move Curry or Wall to SG? No way.

Everyone wants to talk about how Wall will be great? Well, Curry will be up there too... mark my words. If we get the number one pick, I'd trade down to be in position to get Evan Turner or someone else. What happens to Monta... I have no idea. I like the kid, and actually from what I saw... this game showed he can run alongside with Curry. It's just defensively is what scares me.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:52 pm
xbay wrote:I don't get it... take Wall and then what? Keep him? No way. We got Stephen Curry. Even if we draft him and trade Monta away, I still don't like the idea. What are you gonna do? Move Curry or Wall to SG? No way.

Everyone wants to talk about how Wall will be great? Well, Curry will be up there too... mark my words. If we get the number one pick, I'd trade down to be in position to get Evan Turner or someone else. What happens to Monta... I have no idea. I like the kid, and actually from what I saw... this game showed he can run alongside with Curry. It's just defensively is what scares me.

/agreed
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:28 pm
xbay wrote:Everyone wants to talk about how Wall will be great? Well, Curry will be up there too... mark my words.

Way to go out on a limb there Xbay. :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:25 pm
bada wrote:
xbay wrote:Everyone wants to talk about how Wall will be great? Well, Curry will be up there too... mark my words.

Way to go out on a limb there Xbay. :wink:

Okay, not GREAT, but he can run this team. Exactly someone we need to build around.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Previous

Return to Game Threads