The College Game

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:31 am
PAWNO wrote:
Chum wrote:Oregon Ducks <------ My Alma Mater
UCONN Huskies <---- Pops Alma Mater

It's kinda like a mirror image of my NBA teams.

Ducks & Warriors <----- Both suck year after year
UCONN & Celtics <------ Both kick ass year after year

But no worries about the old green and gold, because the Ducks are going to dominate in football this year! We just need to find another RB :shock:

Hey bro.. Your QB Id the SHIZNIT!!!

Masoli!!! I think it's good he stayed in college... He'll be this years Sam Bradford or Colt McCoy in the rookie talk!!!
LOCK IN FOR THE 1ST ROUND OF NEXT YEARS NFL DRAFT!!!

Masoli is great, and I think we are only losing 2 or 3 starters this year. We might have to get a new RB, but no worries we'll probably be able to find one on the track team :wink:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:03 am
Chum wrote:
PAWNO wrote:

But no worries about the old green and gold, because the Ducks are going to dominate in football this year! We just need to find another RB :shock:

Masoli!!! I think it's good he stayed in college... He'll be this years Sam Bradford or Colt McCoy in the rookie talk!!!

Masoli is great, and I think we are only losing 2 or 3 starters this year. We might have to get a new RB, but no worries we'll probably be able to find one on the track team :wink:

Masoli had a great season, but in no way, shape or form is he a LOCK for the 1st round next year. I would be SHOCKED to see him a 1st rounder.

He has proven he is a better passer than most "running" QB's but:

5'11 QB's RARELY go in the 1st round
Running QB's RARELY go in the 1st round
System QB's like from Oregon RARELY go in the 1st round

He has some huge obstacles are NFL prejiduces to overcome. Not going to happen.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:12 am
bada wrote:
Chum wrote:
PAWNO wrote:

Masoli had a great season, but in no way, shape or form is he a LOCK for the 1st round next year. I would be SHOCKED to see him a 1st rounder.

He has proven he is a better passer than most "running" QB's but:

5'11 QB's RARELY go in the 1st round
Running QB's RARELY go in the 1st round
System QB's like from Oregon RARELY go in the 1st round

He has some huge obstacles are NFL prejiduces to overcome. Not going to happen.

I never said he was a 1st round pick, but I think he should be. He is an amazing QB. I'm hoping teams will take a look at Drew Brees and say 'meh size isn't everything.' More importantly I'd like to see Masoli up for the Heisman this year.

As for the Ducks...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hrjpe1VCNg[/youtube]
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:26 am
yeah, was addressing Pawno's gem

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:17 pm
UCLA fan, since Lavin days when I started liking basketball, don't know what drew me to them but I liked his teams, been a UCLA fan since both basketball and football.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:38 am
warriorsstepup wrote:UCLA fan, since Lavin days when I started liking basketball, don't know what drew me to them but I liked his teams, been a UCLA fan since both basketball and football.

What is with their system right now that seems to not take full advantage of their talent, mainly at the guard positions? Westbrook was first to come out, and he was a much better NBA player than college player. Than this year Collison has come out and has, by most accounts, exceeded expectations. And then there is Jrue Hollliday, who did nothing remarkable at UCLA, but is currently holding his own in the NBA.

It seems like these guys should have been more dominant in college.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:41 am
fine wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:UCLA fan, since Lavin days when I started liking basketball, don't know what drew me to them but I liked his teams, been a UCLA fan since both basketball and football.

What is with their system right now that seems to not take full advantage of their talent, mainly at the guard positions? Westbrook was first to come out, and he was a much better NBA player than college player. Than this year Collison has come out and has, by most accounts, exceeded expectations. And then there is Jrue Hollliday, who did nothing remarkable at UCLA, but is currently holding his own in the NBA.

UCLA is the most boring team in college basketball... even when they were making their final four appearances. Strategy: hold the ball for 33 seconds, then shoot.... don't waste too much energy on offense, save all of it for defense. I mean, it was effective for those teams in the past, but at the same time the coach was doing a disservice to his players by not allowing to be free on the court...

now, u look at the complete mess that is going on in UCLA just a year or two removed from the Final Four... atrocious. They have no clue to play offense, because their coach's only concern is defense. When your players cannot play defense (which is the case this year), you will be getting blown out game after game (which is the case this year).

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:01 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
fine wrote:

UCLA is the most boring team in college basketball... even when they were making their final four appearances. Strategy: hold the ball for 33 seconds, then shoot.... don't waste too much energy on offense, save all of it for defense. I mean, it was effective for those teams in the past, but at the same time the coach was doing a disservice to his players by not allowing to be free on the court...

now, u look at the complete mess that is going on in UCLA just a year or two removed from the Final Four... atrocious. They have no clue to play offense, because their coach's only concern is defense. When your players cannot play defense (which is the case this year), you will be getting blown out game after game (which is the case this year).

Pretty correct on your analysis and take there Mr. C. UCLA's Offense relies heavily on the PG, they control the slow pace by moving the ball around until the clock drains down. Coach Ben Howland is a disciplined coach and expects all his player to be the same if not hit the road, 2 transfers in the last couple years who have butted head with his style of play.

He has been to 3 final fours, 2 against Florida and 1 against Memphis losing both. In all the final four games he was mis-matched by the length of from Florida (Noah and Horford) add on Cory Brewer the 6'9 wing, UCLA just could not match up.

Can’t do much of a thorough research at the moment (sorry) but I think 2 or 3 years back when the bruins had Westbrook, Collinson and Kevin Love and went up against Memphis in the final four, a game Memphis eventually won, but lost to Kansas in the finals. In that game miss-matches became the problem, Rose was just too big for Collison to guard, too much power and strength, so why not put Westbrook on Rose ? Well the entire Memphis team was tall and athletic so Howlands only option was to put Collison on Rose or not play Collison at all. They ended up losing, making it 3 final fours and no advancement to the final.

At the moment, early entries to the NBA has hurt UCLA, Kevin Love would be a junior, Westbrook a senior, and Jrue Holiday a sophomore. This years team is young with only 2 seniors stars who Howland has depended too heavily on, scrub role players should never be leaders on a team. Its been a long season, losing to lower division teams and a horrific display of offense as well as defense.

Now moving forward UCLA will have a competitive team next year, they will the top center coming in next year, a 6'10 320 monster, along with 1 sg and some jr college PG. The current pg has had issues running the team and will need to work his butt off because, PG position at UCLA is vital for the system, so the success of UCLA hinges heavily the PG Jerime Anderson who will be a Jr. They lose 2 scrub seniors, and will have a tough rugged sophomore team next year Reeves, Honeycutt, and Lane all 6’8 or taller and versatile, things will be looking up once again at UCLA.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:29 pm
Hmm... yeah, wow.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjqtJptW0Bk&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:55 pm
xbay wrote:Hmm... yeah, wow.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjqtJptW0Bk&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Hmmm, yeah........as Christoph Waltz might say = "Uber Wow" :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:12 pm
I'm pissed!! my alma mater lost big time to Georgetown today... :banghead:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:31 am
PAWNO wrote:

What a freakin mess Oregon is! Seems like every other day some is getting arrested. Well Pawno, wont have to worry about Masoli's draft position now.... he is suspended for the entire year. What a moron that guy is.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:07 am
bada wrote:
PAWNO wrote:

What a freakin mess Oregon is! Seems like every other day some is getting arrested. Well Pawno, wont have to worry about Masoli's draft position now.... he is suspended for the entire year. What a moron that guy is.

this team continues to amaze me.... when one or two players get in trouble, they are rogue instances.... when 7+ are doing things, it is the culture surrounding them. Chip Kelly and Mike Bellloti both deserve some blame for what is going on as well (not a lot, but enough to recognized the environment they have established in oregon football.)

I'm glad the punishments that are being handed out are getting severe, but the NCAA should think about doing some sanctions on scholarships and bowl appearances to sent a message to all college football coaches to stop recruiting criminals into our collegiate system. If they bums are receiving full rides to some of the best universities in the world (in the place of well-deserved academic scholars), then that is a crime in of itself.

Like i said, 1-2 players are normal for most squads... some players will crack. But Oregon is a complete mess. The NCAA needs to go hard to send the message to teams out there(though they won't, cuz they are scared and hypocritical, so don't worry oregon fans)
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:56 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
bada wrote:
PAWNO wrote:

this team continues to amaze me.... when one or two players get in trouble, they are rogue instances.... when 7+ are doing things, it is the culture surrounding them. Chip Kelly and Mike Bellloti both deserve some blame for what is going on as well (not a lot, but enough to recognized the environment they have established in oregon football.)

I'm glad the punishments that are being handed out are getting severe, but the NCAA should think about doing some sanctions on scholarships and bowl appearances to sent a message to all college football coaches to stop recruiting criminals into our collegiate system. If they bums are receiving full rides to some of the best universities in the world (in the place of well-deserved academic scholars), then that is a crime in of itself.

Like i said, 1-2 players are normal for most squads... some players will crack. But Oregon is a complete mess. The NCAA needs to go hard to send the message to teams out there(though they won't, cuz they are scared and hypocritical, so don't worry oregon fans)

This is all people in Eugene are talking about right now :oops:

I can't say that I agree that Oregon is a "complete mess." They have a few idiots, some got the boot, Masoli got a year's suspension. I don't know what else Chip Kelly could do.

It sucks that Masoli is out, but his replacement, Darron Thomas, could actually be better. We are good at RB also. Most of the rest of the starters are returning. If Darron Thomas works out then the Ducks still take the Pac-10.
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:58 pm
Wouldn't Kyle Singler of DUKE(yeaaaaaah!) fit perfectly into the Warriors?
~LilBallerx~

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum