Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:27 pm
Pacquiao gonna dominate tonight.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:59 pm
Oh yeah, he dominated. It was a boring fight... well only cause Clottey refused to throw. Pac threw 3x more punches for crying out loud! It was like 1000+ to 300+. Clottey was on the defensive all night... which is his style. He seemed intimidated or scared of Pacquiao's speed, as if he tried to let it go, he'd get rocked. Even in the defense, Pac got some solid body and head shots in. He wanted that KO, but it's real tough to break through that defense, not to mention Clottey has a great chin. The whole fight was so one-sided, I swear it was like watching Manny spar.

Yeah, thanks Mayweather... this night could of been legendary. We'll see you at the end of 2010/early 2011 when you get your ass beaten by Manny.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:08 pm
xbay wrote:Oh yeah, he dominated. It was a boring fight... well only cause Clottey refused to throw. Pac threw 3x more punches for crying out loud! It was like 1000+ to 300+. Clottey was on the defensive all night... which is his style. He seemed intimidated or scared of Pacquiao's speed, as if he tried to let it go, he'd get rocked. Even in the defense, Pac got some solid body and head shots in. He wanted that KO, but it's real tough to break through that defense, not to mention Clottey has a great chin. The whole fight was so one-sided, I swear it was like watching Manny spar.

Yeah, thanks Mayweather... this night could of been legendary. We'll see you at the end of 2010/early 2011 when you get your ass beaten by Manny.

Meh it might of been a little more exciting at best as Mayweather loves to play the chicken defense game as well. But then again Mayweather is a lot more faster than Clottey so he would throw a lot more than Clottey. I like how Clottey danced then Pacquiao got mad then in the later rounds Pacquiao thought it was so ridiculous what Clottey was doing and he did the double punch LOL that was hilarious, and the ref like stopped it like Manny really put his power into it when he was clearly playing with Clottey cause Clottey was being a chicken.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:09 pm
Yeah, Clottey is tactical. I was waiting for counters and he didn't throw any.

Someone please help me respond to this cause this guy is really obsessed with the opinion that Pac is juicing...

MAYORGA AND MARGARITO WERE BOTH WASHED UP...MAYORGA WAS NEVER THE SAME AFTER HE LET TRINIDAD CRACK HIS JAW 4 TIMES IN ARROW , I THINK IT WAS LIKE IN THE 3RD ROUND OF THEIR FIGHT IN 2004 ...MARGARITO TOOK A PHYSICAL BEATING AGAINST COTTO THAT NIGHT I KNEW THEY WOULD NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN PLUS IN THE MOSLEY FIGHT ALL THE B.S. THAT NIGHT WITH HIS ... See MoreWRAPS,SEE WE NOW KNOW WHY HE WAS THE MOST FEARD MAN IN BOXING IN 05/06...

BUT YOU TELL ME THE NANE OF ANY ONE FIGHTER WHO GOT STRONGER AS HE MOVED UP IN WEIGHT??
NOT CHAVEZ NOT DE LA HOYA NOT SUGAR RAY OR MOSLEY NOT DURAN NOT PERNELL NOT MAYWEATHER NOT HEARNS YOU KNOW WHY ITS PHYSICLY IMPOSIBLE UNLESS YOU USE SOME SORT OF STEROID...DO YOU REALLY BELEIVE HE EATS 10,000 CALORIES EVERYDAY AND BY WORKING OUT HE TURNS IT TO MUSCLE WITH OUT SACRIFICING HIS SPEED AND STAMINA???
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:14 am
If Pacquiao is juicing which I highly doubt and I would really be pissed if he is he didn't do it for the Ricky Hatton fight that's for sure.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbmqay72a6o[/youtube]
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:24 pm
Yeah, I'd have to bite my tongue if he did because I always defend him.

On another note, I think boxing really needs to consider putting some big names on the same fight card like the UFC does. People pay $50 for basically one fight... UFC fans pay $50 for multiple fights.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:42 pm
xbay wrote:Yeah, I'd have to bite my tongue if he did because I always defend him.

On another note, I think boxing really needs to consider putting some big names on the same fight card like the UFC does. People pay $50 for basically one fight... UFC fans pay $50 for multiple fights.

that would be great for the fan, unfortunately, boxers get paid too much money to have multiple big names on one card. Dana White has done things right with UFC, he distributes the monies much better between fighters so he is able to get multiple big names to fight on one card, which is why in the end UFC will overtake boxing. People on limited budgets can either watch a bunch of fluff leading up to a yawner, or a bunch of hungry fighers kicking the crap out of eachother.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:34 am
So Mosley/Mayweather both agree to Olympic style boxing. LMAO. What is Floyd trying to prove? That they're both clean and Pac isn't just cause he wouldn't agree to it? News flash... Pac agreed to random blood tests, just not how Mayweather wanted it. He didn't like the fact that Floyd was dictating the NSAC's job. If NSAC asked Pac to do it, then he would... but they didn't, so he backed off because he wasn't going to play Floyd's game.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:14 am
xbay wrote:So Mosley/Mayweather both agree to Olympic style boxing. LMAO. What is Floyd trying to prove? That they're both clean and Pac isn't just cause he wouldn't agree to it? News flash... Pac agreed to random blood tests, just not how Mayweather wanted it. He didn't like the fact that Floyd was dictating the NSAC's job. If NSAC asked Pac to do it, then he would... but they didn't, so he backed off because he wasn't going to play Floyd's game.

No he didn't agree to any kind of blood tests within the time frame leading up to the fight, that was his trainer and the deal was called off shortly after. Manny would only submit to urine tests that don't detect HGH - which is what he is on.

Pac is juiced, that lame excuse that his trainer offered up (like 3 months after the fact), that it makes him feel funny and that there is nothing a blood test will prove that a piss test wouldn't... LOL. there are tons of ways to falsify a piss test, but a needle to the vein is conclusive... And it will reveal how he managed to climb up 7 weight classes over 14 years while still gaining power - HGH.

And yes I agree with the guy you previously quoted; How many guys can you name that got stronger as they went up in weight? I may know more than the average sports fan when it comes to boxing (which isn't saying much because the average sports fan is pretty dumb by and large) but my family and some of my friends are HUGE boxing fans. They all agree the blood testing was Mayweather calling Pac out. Manny has no defense and it is a shame, because the longer they go without this fight, the more the cloud of suspicion will grow.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:28 am
JREED23 wrote:
xbay wrote:So Mosley/Mayweather both agree to Olympic style boxing. LMAO. What is Floyd trying to prove? That they're both clean and Pac isn't just cause he wouldn't agree to it? News flash... Pac agreed to random blood tests, just not how Mayweather wanted it. He didn't like the fact that Floyd was dictating the NSAC's job. If NSAC asked Pac to do it, then he would... but they didn't, so he backed off because he wasn't going to play Floyd's game.

No he didn't agree to any kind of blood tests within the time frame leading up to the fight, that was his trainer and the deal was called off shortly after. Manny would only submit to urine tests that don't detect HGH - which is what he is on.

Pac is juiced, that lame excuse that his trainer offered up (like 3 months after the fact), that it makes him feel funny and that there is nothing a blood test will prove that a piss test wouldn't... LOL. there are tons of ways to falsify a piss test, but a needle to the vein is conclusive... And it will reveal how he managed to climb up 7 weight classes over 14 years while still gaining power - HGH.

And yes I agree with the guy you previously quoted; How many guys can you name that got stronger as they went up in weight? I may know more than the average sports fan when it comes to boxing (which isn't saying much because the average sports fan is pretty dumb by and large) but my family and some of my friends are HUGE boxing fans. They all agree the blood testing was Mayweather calling Pac out. Manny has no defense and it is a shame, because the longer they go without this fight, the more the cloud of suspicion will grow.

Jreed, this is a very unpopular opinion on this board but I completely agree with you.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:25 am
bada wrote:
JREED23 wrote:

Jreed, this is a very unpopular opinion on this board but I completely agree with you.

Are you saying that people on this board feel Paq isn't juicing? It's so obvious he's juicing!
Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:59 am
If he is juicing, he didn't do it for Hatton fight and before the Hatton fight he was still a beast. But I doubt he is juicing and hope he is not because it'll bring a shame to the Philippines. Pacquaio is like the Tiger Woods of the Philippines too as he is getting scrutiny for "cheating" on his wife with multiple women which might be true lol.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:06 am
Well, there is a ton of national pride on Pacquiao's back here, and a large number of members on this board are Filipino. It makes sense, as Giants fans we didn't want to believe that Bonds was juicing even though all the evidence pointed toward he was. There is not the evidence on Manny here, more speculation, but to the fans that have supported Manny, i'm sure they desperately want to believe he is not. It makes sense to me.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:45 am
RobDIKUM wrote:Well, there is a ton of national pride on Pacquiao's back here, and a large number of members on this board are Filipino. It makes sense, as Giants fans we didn't want to believe that Bonds was juicing even though all the evidence pointed toward he was. There is not the evidence on Manny here, more speculation, but to the fans that have supported Manny, i'm sure they desperately want to believe he is not. It makes sense to me.

That all makes sense, and I can understand that perspective. I like Manny in part because he's a Filipino fighter. I had several Filipino friends in high school and I was semi-immersed in Filipino culture. Or I should probably say Bay Area Filipino culture.

Anyway, Manny is juicing. You can see it in his physique, his head and the biggest evidence, as JREED pointed out, is that he gets stronger as he goes up in weight classes.

If you are a boxing fan you know that there are natural heavyweights, light heavies that can move up and do well by virtue of pure skill, and finally there are heavy weights that could never truely be one but get there by virtue of juicing. Manny isn't a heavyweight but he moved up by virtue of juicing. He's still a great fighter but his record is marred imho.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:34 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:Well, there is a ton of national pride on Pacquiao's back here, and a large number of members on this board are Filipino. It makes sense, as Giants fans we didn't want to believe that Bonds was juicing even though all the evidence pointed toward he was. There is not the evidence on Manny here, more speculation, but to the fans that have supported Manny, i'm sure they desperately want to believe he is not. It makes sense to me.
Yes, I didn't want to believe that Bonds was juicing, but comon! It is obvious, but there hasn't been any conclusive evidence - the Balco incident implicated him but apparently it didn't provide sufficient evidence. It still doesn't matter, the guy will likely never get into the Hall and he will forever be a dark cloud over the Giants and the MLB - I hate him now, he was so good before, he could have maintained his legacy and went out on top, which is how I feel about Pac.

I had a feeling that some of the Pacquiao support/disbelief was likely generated from the nationality of some of the board members, I get it, but I just wasn't going to say it...
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board