Big's (By Himself) and Jenny's (With TMC) Tour Of Las Palmas

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:14 am
Great pics of you guys.

I am Portuguese, so all that food that you listed Bigs, I've eaten on many occassions. Good on TMC for taking you out and letting you experience all that different types of food.

As for me, after watching a documentary on Whole Plant Raw Food (so no animal products) and how healthy that diet is, I've started eating only plant based food for this week and see what the effects are. It has been two days and I do feel a bit weak, but it is more of a detoxing than anything else, according to the explanation of the Gerson Institute (the documentary was about that). Besides this recent attempted change in diet, I eat almost anything, there are really many foods that are very good when prepared right

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:15 am
bada wrote:
bigstrads wrote:It is man............Daniel is already planning YOUR trip here!

The stuff I wanted to talk to you about was our "food experimentation"...........before I was distracted.

Anyway, youll love this bro.

So, I told you about the Eel salad that TMC whipped up for us.

We had a special Spanish dried ham...........which when you see/smell in a supermarket, smells horrible! but is really tasty to to eat.

Next, was Veal! which was absolutely f*cking gorgeous.........grilled, smothered with garlic! ohh man, was one of the best meat dishes Ive EVER had.

Then we went to a traditional Gran Canaria tapas tavern.............where we had =

Rabbit! (Which was awesome, although Jen didnt like it) Octopus!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Nice again, just a little scary to look at)
Special Gran Canaria really salty potatoes and green peppers.........REALLY salty.
And then..........for desert...........the Uruguayan F*ck! lol...........thats the translation, it was like a cheesecakey kind of cream filled, meringue topped monster of a sugar fest!

Yeah, other than that, just a nice load of sauces and little different things than usual............Ive LOVED it all.

dude, I would PUKE. I am as "gringo" as it comes in relation to my meat choices. Beef (adult variety), Pork and Chicken is IT. I cant do veal, vennison, fish, rabbit, duck, etc. YUCK!!!!!

Nah, we'll get you to try one day... without you knowing, that is. :mrgreen:
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:01 am
I can eat most sushi, but it's not something I crave... love the wasabi rush!

I imagine the seafood there must be amazing.

is there a paella type dish in Santa Catalina?

I'm good with most seafood, except mussels and clams...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:54 am
xbay wrote:Gotta wait two more months Bigs, then "it'll" be legal... and what I mean by "it" is... well, you know. :wink: :mrgreen:

Ahh man, I wish I could be there for you.............to usher in the age of "manhood" for you. :wink:

bada wrote:dude, I would PUKE. I am as "gringo" as it comes in relation to my meat choices. Beef (adult variety), Pork and Chicken is IT. I cant do veal, vennison, fish, rabbit, duck, etc. YUCK!!!!!

LMAO!!! I knew YOU would love the food stories. :mrgreen:

Seriously though, you would LOVE veal man...........I know its the whole "what it is"thing............but god damn man, veal is beautiful...........just really succulent, juicy, lovely beef.

Everytime we went somewhere and Daniel showed us or got us to try something new.............we were like "Ohh man, Bada would NEVER eat this!" :mrgreen:

But as Daniel says, when you get over here............we will find a way to get down your neck, so the whole "ick factor" doesnt come into play............probably BA Baracus style of drugging you and force feeding you.

Quazza wrote:hahaha awesome

Bigs showing off his mad handles!

LOL, yeah, "mad" being operative word............:shock:

The handles were abit off after not playing or being in a competitive game situation for soooooo long..............but D was bang on, I was swatting those guys all over the place, and I had my inside game going with the boards and bullying through them for lay-ups.

And I hit a 3 aswell, which was quite pleasing. :wink:

Money Morrow wrote:I so want to be there right now!!!! great pics! :D :D

Man, me too bud.............how awesome would it be if you guys were here too!..............gonna have to happen one day.

Ohh and yeah, I forgot about the sushi!!!..............Daniel took us to a sushi restaurant.............I wasnt too up for it but Jen was, and she went all out for it (I tried one sushi roll and wasnt doing that at all)...........overall it was ok though, nothing spectacularly different to what we have.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:42 am
man some of the foods I've eaten would freak you the fk out then Bada lol

I'll try anything once. I'd say the most out there would be Balut

Google that one if you dare;)
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:28 am
Quazza wrote:man some of the foods I've eaten would freak you the fk out then Bada lol

You know, the way I see it, if it moves, it's edible... :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:19 am
Quazza wrote:man some of the foods I've eaten would freak you the fk out then Bada lol

I'll try anything once. I'd say the most out there would be Balut

Google that one if you dare;)

Dude, that is REVOLTING!!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:27 am
After Balut, try some "Chocolate" Meat. :mrgreen:

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:11 am
Money Morrow wrote:After Balut, try some "Chocolate" Meat. :mrgreen:

"Chocolate" Meat???? Sounds like something that is "produced" after a TMC and Bigs "union"!!! LOL
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:16 am
bada wrote:
Money Morrow wrote:After Balut, try some "Chocolate" Meat. :mrgreen:

"Chocolate" Meat???? Sounds like something that is "produced" after a TMC and Bigs "union"!!! LOL

LMAO! good one Bada

aka Dinuguan: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinuguan

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:27 am
oh man, that is VILE!!!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:09 am
I like how everybody is trying their best to get Bada more revolted about food... :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:20 am
TMC wrote:I like how everybody is trying their best to get Bada more revolted about food... :mrgreen:

LMAO!!! His secret is out!!!

Sorry Bada, now everyone is telling you all these food horror stories.............man, you guys should have seen Bada's physical reaction when I told the story of the mouldy ribs face to face!

It was like "OHHHHHHH-AAAHHHHHH-UUURRRRRKKKKK-LLLLLLLLL" with coughing like he was gonna puke right there and then. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:32 pm
Never tried Dinuguan. Looked disgusting. And that's pretty sad coming from a Filipino that loves eating most of the food from his native country.

Never tried Balut, either. The way it's described doesn't intrigue me.

If you wanna try some Filipino food... I'd advise you trying my dad's Sinigang and Chicken Adobo. Lumpia is always a safe way to go, too... but you gotta get the "good" kind, not that Americanized version.

Shoot, there's a lot of Filipino food I'd advise people to try. It's just a matter of who made it... :wink:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:41 pm
xbay wrote:Never tried Dinuguan. Looked disgusting. And that's pretty sad coming from a Filipino that loves eating most of the food from his native country.

Never tried Balut, either. The way it's described doesn't intrigue me.

Both of those are real out there and I think Balut is cruel and eating blood is wrong, too many hormones and chemicals in blood as well. In portugal, there's the traditional dish which has blood sausage and I used to eat that when my mother made it when I was a child. Wouldn't touch that now

migya make the ring fall on ya
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum