Spring Training!

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:53 pm
I cannot wait for baseball season to get here. This Dubs season has been so god damn depressing. Both bay are baseball teams look pretty good. What are your expectations for the A's and the Giants?

Im thinking the Giants contend for both the West and a possible Wild Card all season. The Rockies look pretty tough in that division, but I dont think the Dodgers are going to win it this year.

Im thinking the A's will struggle to not finish in last place in their division, but will do it with a .500 record. The AL West looks to be the most competetive division in MLB from top to bottom.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:40 pm
Stephen Strasburg made his debut this afternoon.

2 IP 2H 2K 0BB 27 pitches.

It's just one start but he looked like he belonged out there. His stature, delivery and stuff reminds me of a young Roy Oswalt. His fastball looks like a dart, and his curveball has a sharp bite to it.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:05 pm
Yeah, Strasburg definitely looked good out there. I remember seeing him blow a pitch right by Miguel Cabrera on a 3-2, I believe. I think he needs to stay in the minors, though. He shouldn't be their opening day starter, as the speculation is saying as a possibility.

I'm kinda curious to how the Giants will do this season. I'm not sure how to read this Spring Training performance, because the offense has really shown up in the 6 or 7 games they've played already. And you never know with the Giants offense.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Return to Sports Board