Game Thread: Portland Trail Blazers @ Warriors 2010-03-11

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors prevail against Portland?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:30 pm

YES
22%
NO
78%

Total votes : 9

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:45 am
Why does everyone imply he is not a hard worker. His high school and college coaches have said he is one of the harderst workers they have ever had.

Yes, by all accounts in his rookie year he got pissed and tanked a bit. He LEARNED from that and stayed local most of the entire offseason and worked his ASS off with Warrior assistants.

Don Nelson said himself after training camp ended that hands down Randolph has become the hardest worker on the team. Where did THAT get him?
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:56 am
bada wrote:Why does everyone imply he is not a hard worker. His high school and college coaches have said he is one of the harderst workers they have ever had.

Yes, by all accounts in his rookie year he got pissed and tanked a bit. He LEARNED from that and stayed local most of the entire offseason and worked his ASS off with Warrior assistants.

Don Nelson said himself after training camp ended that hands down Randolph has become the hardest worker on the team. Where did THAT get him?

just by watching him play, it appears that either he doesnt know what he is doing or he just doesnt give a f*ck. if he was such a hard worker, the guy would know where to be on the floor atleast some of the time.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:10 pm
"Always" Next wrote:just by watching him play, it appears that either he doesnt know what he is doing or he just doesnt give a f*ck. if he was such a hard worker, the guy would know where to be on the floor atleast some of the time.

Still... bball players develop by playing. You can't expect a NBA player to learn a system just by staying glued to the bench like a rookie QB. He'll learn from his mistakes, and won't get the chance to do so without minutes.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:16 pm
TMC wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:just by watching him play, it appears that either he doesnt know what he is doing or he just doesnt give a f*ck. if he was such a hard worker, the guy would know where to be on the floor atleast some of the time.

Still... bball players develop by playing. You can't expect a NBA player to learn a system just by staying glued to the bench like a rookie QB. He'll learn from his mistakes, and won't get the chance to do so without minutes.

I agree that he will get better given playing time, but I also think that he needs to prove he deserves the minutes.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:17 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
TMC wrote:

I agree that he will get better given playing time, but I also think that he needs to prove he deserves the minutes.

For a team that's as bad as ours, I think he should get minutes no matter what. It'd be different if we were talking about a playoff contender, but it's not like we have better options than to play him.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:30 pm
TMC wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
TMC wrote:

For a team that's as bad as ours, I think he should get minutes no matter what. It'd be different if we were talking about a playoff contender, but it's not like we have better options than to play him.

The way I see it, playing a guy because the team sucks is counter-productive. If the team were competetive, every player would have to earn his minutes. I realize as long as Nelson is around, there is never going to be a winning environment, but to just hand out minutes to a guy because he has talent does not make sense. BWright and AR should have both been sent to the D-League last year, that way they could have been developed by somebody that knows how to work with big players.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:08 pm
bada wrote:Why does everyone imply he is not a hard worker. His high school and college coaches have said he is one of the harderst workers they have ever had.

I completely forgot about that Bada. You are right. He was working his a*s off last summer. He and Morrow. and would imply that he deserves more playing time. Just another reason I hate Nelson...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:30 pm

Well I put that as a fault of the coaching staff. Has he EVER had a clearly defined role? Nelson says he wants Randolph to be their 3, but yet plays him at C mostly and some PF. Says he needs to devlop a consistent jumper and work on his perimeter awareness, but then plays him out of position and complains about lack of rebounding (despite him being one of the best rebound per min guys in the league). Sound confusing? I know I am sure confused.

Randolph even being in his 2nd year, is the 2nd YOUNGEST player in the league. He is inexperienced and needs coaching and a clearly defined role to develop. He has received neither.

And why is Randolph the ONLY player that has to PROVE it. When d-leaguers (not talking about lately because playing time has been a necessity at this point) come right in and play 25-30 min without even a practice under their belt.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:48 pm
bada wrote:

Well I put that as a fault of the coaching staff. Has he EVER had a clearly defined role? Nelson says he wants Randolph to be their 3, but yet plays him at C mostly and some PF. Says he needs to devlop a consistent jumper and work on his perimeter awareness, but then plays him out of position and complains about lack of rebounding (despite him being one of the best rebound per min guys in the league). Sound confusing? I know I am sure confused.

Randolph even being in his 2nd year, is the 2nd YOUNGEST player in the league. He is inexperienced and needs coaching and a clearly defined role to develop. He has received neither.

And why is Randolph the ONLY player that has to PROVE it. When d-leaguers (not talking about lately because playing time has been a necessity at this point) come right in and play 25-30 min without even a practice under their belt.

I have seen D-League guys come right in and appear to be more comfortable in game action than AR. Even Vlad Radmanovich when he came over from Charlotte came in and knew what he was supposed to be doing. I agree with you that the guy has lacked a defined role, but he also has seemed to lack a desire to become a better player. Hopefully that is youth.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:07 pm
"Always" Next wrote:I have seen D-League guys come right in and appear to be more comfortable in game action than AR. Even Vlad Radmanovich when he came over from Charlotte came in and knew what he was supposed to be doing. I agree with you that the guy has lacked a defined role, but he also has seemed to lack a desire to become a better player. Hopefully that is youth.

I guess this is where my problem is. That statement flies in the face of his actions during the offseason and early on this season. And to what Nelson himself said. Also from a talk I had with a player that was on the roster last year that said AR worked extremely hard.

How does a guy who works nearly every day of the offseason with team staff show you that he lacks a desire to become a better player?

If you are basing that statement purely on his lack of development, I would say there are many areas to look at before questioning his desire.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:19 pm
Is there a SINGLE area/facet of our team that isnt shrouded in lies, sh*t, confusion, un-certainty?

I mean really...........can we know SOMETHING please!!! :roll:
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:39 pm
Don't eat the yellow snow.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:17 pm
And sure of course he doesn't look like he knows what he's doing. But look at the way the Warriors play, they don't know half the time as well considering how the offensive is a free one and everyone basically has the green light to shoot a 3. Nelson needs to go, cause if he doesn't go, randolph will go somewhere else and become a star. But then again we have maybe the worst FO and until Cohan doesn't own the team anymore we will still be seeing Nellie. Unless the Warriors treat every game from now on like it's a game 7 finals so Nellie gets his record and leaves us the hell alone.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:17 pm
Knightofoceans wrote:Don't eat the yellow snow.

LOL. Perfect timing.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:59 am
Looking forward to this game..

Got it recording on the Cable TV... I don't care if we win, I just wanna see Stephen Curry play close to 40 minutes above (i remember from that Denver Game the other week) how many OOO''SS and AHHHH's he produced (i aint seen the crowd be like that since Baron was dropping Dimes)
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads