Tirramisu Warming ... Whoops meant Tsunami Warning

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:38 am
Hmm Cake!!

Yeah well there's a Tsunami Warning for the East Coast of Australia... (it's suppose to arrive to Brisbane at 815am Sunday Morning.

At the moment, my brother is camping on a Island with **** all phone Reception!!! so kinda a lil paranoid that this Wave is just a spook!!!

Fingers crossed its a false alarm!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:51 am
Yeah, we're under alert as well, although just for strong winds. That's the reason Bigs' flight has been delayed, I guess.

Hope it's nothing more than a preventive alert, Pawno. In any case, take care, bud.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:57 am
TMC wrote:Yeah, we're under alert as well, although just for strong winds. That's the reason Bigs' flight has been delayed, I guess.

Hope it's nothing more than a preventive alert, Pawno. In any case, take care, bud.

WOW your on alert?

I dont get it.. Pretty sure this Quake happened in the Pacific Ocean... Chile is on the WESTSYDE of the South American Penninsula & Argentina on the Atlantic Side...

But the fact that the Quake is 8.8 is alarming!! This is a very significant size in a Quake (probably havnt seen one this big for a good couple of decades)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:00 am
We've been having storms over here, coupled with alot of heat, which is pretty strange

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:06 am
PAWNO wrote:
TMC wrote:Yeah, we're under alert as well, although just for strong winds. That's the reason Bigs' flight has been delayed, I guess.

WOW your on alert?

I dont get it.. Pretty sure this Quake happened in the Pacific Ocean... Chile is on the WESTSYDE of the South American Penninsula & Argentina on the Atlantic Side...

But the fact that the Quake is 8.8 is alarming!! This is a very significant size in a Quake (probably havnt seen one this big for a good couple of decades)

Yeah, we're on alert as well, but due to a tropical storm that comes from Madeira. It's not related to the quake at all.

And we also have had 4 big tropical storms in just February, while the usual has been one per year... weird. Seems like global warming is becoming more and more of a reality nowadays...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:18 am
TMC wrote:

And we also have had 4 big tropical storms in just February, while the usual has been one per year... weird. Seems like global warming is becoming more and more of a reality nowadays...

I still dont believe in this Global Warming bullshit!

It's just a news story to fill in the blanks & something the media created to report on slow news days!

You know what Global Warming really came into affect when the internet & Sateliette TV was created... Back in the days when i was 1st born.. Newspapers and TV Stations would have to wait for data to come in and a lot of Earthquake, Storm Waring stories just didnt run in the newspaper or get reported cause no one wants to talk about yesterdays weather.

But with the invention of the Information Superhighway... someone jumped in a helicopter and realized that the Glaciers and Artic and Antartic Poles were melting!!!

The Earths rise in temperature has nothing to do with Pollution, It's because we have not had a SIGNIFIGANT Volcanic Eruption as of late (the last one was in the Philipines in the Early 90's)

When Huge Ashes shoot up into the sky it leads to a Cooling of the Sky because of all the Particles lurking about in the Atmosphere!

In saying that "I AM A CLIMATE SKEPTIC" Dont get me mistaken for a WASTEFUL CONSUMER... I still see the benefiets in recycling and i always turn off my electrical appliances when they are not in use!!!

I just dont believe that it's the doomsday that this Global Warming Money Making Scheme is going to be the earths Armageddon.. It's just been created so you buy more green products!
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:58 am
I saw the perfect cartoon for people like you Pawno...

It shows scientist 50 years in the future in the Lab and the quote says:

"Global Warming a Hoax?! You mean we made the world a better place for nothing!!!"

Look there is no doubt that human activity is having an impact on the earth and it's eco system. If you don't believe that you are a complete whack job in my book.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:51 am
I personally believe in global warning, but I think some misinformation that has been presented over the past 10 years has truly hurt the reliability of credible information that has been given to the world's citizens. Unfortunately, people have exaggerated certain aspects of global warming for capital gain or other benefits. But, in regards to the effects of weather, I do believe that global warming does indeed have an effect (which has been proven through science, so no one should be questioning some of those aspects).
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:06 pm
Money Morrow wrote:Look there is no doubt that human activity is having an impact on the earth and it's eco system. If you don't believe that you are a complete whack job in my book.

Exactly my point why i stressed that i recycle and turn off un-used electrical appliances!

Dont get Global Warming mistaken with Enviromentally Conscious cause there 2 kettles of a fish.

All that Deforestization going on in Brazil makes my blood boil, But melting Icebergs.. Damn we've been recording this **** for less then a couple of years. Check out my Volcano theory.

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/Volcano/
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:32 pm
8.8 is real baffling. I know Hawaii is on alert, and it's a good thing they have time to prepare this time. West Coast cities are on alert as well.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:09 pm
Watched the waves hit Hawaii. Not much to see, but they took the proper precautions as they should. Probably not too much to worry about down under.

I have had a recurring tsunami dream for years. Strange. Any psychology majors may analyze me, for free of course.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:05 pm
Money Morrow wrote:I saw the perfect cartoon for people like you Pawno...

"Global Warming a Hoax?! You mean we made the world a better place for nothing!!!"

Look there is no doubt that human activity is having an impact on the earth and it's eco system. If you don't believe that you are a complete whack job in my book.
Good thorough argument! Most of the data was fudged and the head of it admitted it. They threatened to kill people who published results contradicting them. Sounds more like a religion then anything.

Most of the results contradicted the global warming theory anyways.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/21/scien ... imate.html

Don't be a drone.
Fighting liberals one post at a time.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:08 pm
HiddenCounter wrote:
Money Morrow wrote:I saw the perfect cartoon for people like you Pawno...

Good thorough argument! Most of the data was fudged and the head of it admitted it. They threatened to kill people who published results contradicting them. Sounds more like a religion then anything.

Most of the results contradicted the global warming theory anyways.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/21/scien ... imate.html

Don't be a drone.

Global Warming, Human Caused Global Warming is a fraud, plenty of information that points to that. Increased global temperatures were higher some 600 years ago and I'm sure there was no factories to cause that :wink:

Whatever affects humans have had on the earth is not spoken of on a grand scale, at least that I've seen. Maybe deforesting is one that is big, I can see how it would

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:41 pm
Anyone who doesn't believe that humans are affecting the Eco system is in complete denial and total nut case. The data is clear, speculation and heresay is for politically motivated morons.

Hidden counter I refuse to read anything you write. You are a troll. Save your right wing ditto head drivel... for someone who will actually buy the bs.
If I remember correctly, you are 14. You haven't lived long enough to have an opinion on pizza much less global climate change. Yet you sound like a 75 year old republican. You are regurgitating things you hear in a flippant cocky manner that adds nothing to the conversation. Word to the wise kid, talk less, listen more.
Last edited by Money on Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:17 am
2012 anyone? :(
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum