Game Thread: Detroit Pistons @ Warriors 2010-02-27

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors get a victory against the Pistons?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:33 am

YES
67%
NO
33%

Total votes : 9

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:33 am
Detroit Pistons (21 - 36) @ Golden State Warriors (16 - 41)

Start time: 7:30 PM PST @ The Oracle Arena
Local TV: CSN Bay Area

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Andris Biedrins
PF - Ronny Turiaf
SF - Devean George
SG - Monta Ellis
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the Detroit Pistons:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Ben Wallace
PF - Jonas Jerebko
SF - Tayshaun Prince
SG - Richard Hamilton
PG - Rodney Stuckey

Team leaders:
PPG - M. Ellis (25.7) | R. Hamilton (19.2)
RPG - A. Biedrins (7.9) | B. Wallace (8.9)
APG - M. Ellis (5.3) | R. Stuckey (4.9)
SPG - M. Ellis (2.2) | R. Stuckey (1.4)
BPG - A. Randolph (1.5) | B. Wallace (1.2)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:14 pm
This just in... No Monta tonight. He's having back spasms.

Big night for Curry? I think yes.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:46 pm
omg, i swear i've never seen the lower bowl less packed than it is tonight! on a saturday night? really? goooood... hopefully cohan will finally sell...
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:46 pm
This game feels... stale.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:17 pm
It's a game going into the 4th! Warriors only down by 3 and they have the momentum. CJ is starting to heat up. Curry looks flat footed and tired however.
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:25 am
Wow. 4 posts for a game? Is that an all-time low or something.

GREAT GAME. Weirdly, w/o Ellis, Maggette, and sorta Biedrins.
No offense to The One-Man Fast Break(Ellis) though
~LilBallerx~

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:28 am
Great second half. Was an ugly game in the 1st. I was glad jerebko got injured after taunting the bench. Serves him right. :D
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:42 am
Damn I forgot all about this game. Seems like it's alright I skipped it. Considering how many posts there are in this topic seems like it was a bore fest. I heard Ben Wallace airballed 2 FT's as well lol.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:05 am
Pworld wrote:Damn I forgot all about this game. Seems like it's alright I skipped it. Considering how many posts there are in this topic seems like it was a bore fest. I heard Ben Wallace airballed 2 FT's as well lol.

3 :D
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:34 am
Tarantism wrote:
Pworld wrote:Damn I forgot all about this game. Seems like it's alright I skipped it. Considering how many posts there are in this topic seems like it was a bore fest. I heard Ben Wallace airballed 2 FT's as well lol.

The second half was exciting. There is definetly a chemistry between Tolliver and Turiaf. They pass to each other and play off the ball very well together. They both throw their weight around a lot in the paint. They both seem to pump the team up as well. When they are more aggressive it seems like Curry, CJ and Morrow get more aggressive both offensively and defensivley.

On a side note I remember Turiaf's last year as a Laker. I thought to myself "How do the Lakers keep finding these great no-name players." I was really excited the Warrior's went after him and he hasn't dissapointed. To me he should be our starter whether or not Beans is healthy (and I haven't given up on Beans, but Turiaf has earned the start imho.)

We found a diamond in the rough in Tolliver. He does what is needed when it's needed and he does it in a physically dominating manner. He's also a very good 3 point shooter.

I hate to say this but CJ should be starting over Monta right now. He plays better with this team than Monta does. If everyone was healthy, including AR, Wright etc our best starting lineup would be...

PG - Curry
SG - CJ
SF - Morrow
PF - Tolliver
C - Turiaf

That's the lineup with the most chemistry. They score inside and out, rebound and most especially PASS very very well together. That lineup looks like crap on paper to me. A PG playing as SG, an undersized SF, PF and C. Well paper is paper, but on the court that team kicks ass.

I also happen to think that lineup would be great comming off the bench sans Curry. Switch CJ to the point, Morrow to SG and find another SF. It would make the best bench in the league. Cj has shown he can run the show on the floor. Tolliver and Turiaf may be a bit undersized at PF/C but they are beefy and use their weight well. They make a great duo in the paint.

Just really happy with those guys. Hmm future greatest bench ever?....

PG - CJ
SG - Bell
SF - Morrow
PF - Tolliver
C - Turiaf

btw I forgot to metion D. George, he did play well last night. Very smart plays. Just don't see him being with the Warriors after this season.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:28 am
Chum wrote:
Tarantism wrote:

The second half was exciting. There is definetly a chemistry between Tolliver and Turiaf. They pass to each other and play off the ball very well together. They both throw their weight around a lot in the paint. They both seem to pump the team up as well. When they are more aggressive it seems like Curry, CJ and Morrow get more aggressive both offensively and defensivley.

On a side note I remember Turiaf's last year as a Laker. I thought to myself "How do the Lakers keep finding these great no-name players." I was really excited the Warrior's went after him and he hasn't dissapointed. To me he should be our starter whether or not Beans is healthy (and I haven't given up on Beans, but Turiaf has earned the start imho.)

We found a diamond in the rough in Tolliver. He does what is needed when it's needed and he does it in a physically dominating manner. He's also a very good 3 point shooter.

I hate to say this but CJ should be starting over Monta right now. He plays better with this team than Monta does. If everyone was healthy, including AR, Wright etc our best starting lineup would be...

PG - Curry
SG - CJ
SF - Morrow
PF - Tolliver
C - Turiaf

That's the lineup with the most chemistry. They score inside and out, rebound and most especially PASS very very well together. That lineup looks like crap on paper to me. A PG playing as SG, an undersized SF, PF and C. Well paper is paper, but on the court that team kicks ass.

I also happen to think that lineup would be great comming off the bench sans Curry. Switch CJ to the point, Morrow to SG and find another SF. It would make the best bench in the league. Cj has shown he can run the show on the floor. Tolliver and Turiaf may be a bit undersized at PF/C but they are beefy and use their weight well. They make a great duo in the paint.

PG - CJ
SG - Bell
SF - Morrow
PF - Tolliver
C - Turiaf

btw I forgot to metion D. George, he did play well last night. Very smart plays. Just don't see him being with the Warriors after this season.

So you're saying get rid of Maggette, Monta AND Azubuike? lol. Maggette should go, Monta could go if the price is right. But Buike? Nah, that dude was having himself quite a season til that dreadful night in Milwaukee where he injured himself and Jennings lit us up.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:53 am
Pworld wrote:
Chum wrote:
Tarantism wrote:

PG - Curry
SG - CJ
SF - Morrow
PF - Tolliver
C - Turiaf

PG - CJ
SG - Bell
SF - Morrow
PF - Tolliver
C - Turiaf

So you're saying get rid of Maggette, Monta AND Azubuike? lol. Maggette should go, Monta could go if the price is right. But Buike? Nah, that dude was having himself quite a season til that dreadful night in Milwaukee where he injured himself and Jennings lit us up.

I added Azu in my post about Tolliver.

Yes Mags and Monta should be traded and atm aren't as good an option as CJ and Morrow.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:59 pm
2nd game now that I only caught the 2nd half and both were come from behind wins.

it all because of ME!!! :mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:31 pm
Money Morrow wrote:2nd game now that I only caught the 2nd half and both were come from behind wins.

stop watching then, I want the first pick! :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:53 pm
migya wrote:
Money Morrow wrote:2nd game now that I only caught the 2nd half and both were come from behind wins.

stop watching then, I want the first pick! :mrgreen:

This is the question you have to ask yourself Mig....would you rather have the chance at the first pick and Nellie back or a smaller chance at a top pick and less of a chance of Nellie coming back?

If Nelson does not get the record, he will no doubt be coaching the Warriors next season.
Next

Return to Game Threads