Quick question

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:03 pm
Im in first in one of my leagues and for some reason starting today, both the starting SF and SG positions are omitted. Like today both Lebron's and Ben Gordon's stats just did not show up. Ive looked at other people's teams and I dont see anything like that on anyone else's.

Anyone know why this might happen?

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:35 pm
I'm not certain, but here's one theory...

If you are in a Roto league, there is often a function that can be included in the settings called 'Maximum Games Played'. Essentially, it means that each position on a fantasy roster has up to a maximum number of games that will be counted (for fairness purposes; I think each spot in your fantasy roster has 82 allocated games, just like the real NBA season). Generally, it's designed so that you should use up all your games by the end of the season. If you lose someone to injury and don't replace them in your line-up, obviously you will fall behind in your allocated games. However, if you keep using your bench players in your SG and SF spots on days when Lebron and Gordon aren't playing, you'll use up your quota far quicker.

Does that make sense? Check to see if your league has this setting. If it does, and that's the case, you're in a bit of trouble, and you'll need to see what positions you're ahead of schedule in and what positions you're behind in, if any. You'd probably need to move Lebron to PF or F or something. Hope that helps.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:43 am
Ahhhh... yeah its exactly what you said. Damn. Oh well this was my first year playing.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Return to Fantasy League Forum