Trade Deadline News and Rumors

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:04 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
War Years wrote:People who counted out Boozer last year, can see he's going for the biggest contract he can get.

Yeah, but it's not that surprising. Everybody knows that Boozer always has a MONSTER season in contract years.

Boozer has been great at least the last three years, so this season is no different. The guy looked like he was going to disappear somewhat after his first season in Utah I think it was, but has been one of the best PFs since

Eh... last season wasn't particularly bright, Migya. He missed a ton of games, and I think it was all because he wasn't really focused on the game.

This season hasn't been his only great season since being in Utah, that's my point, so it's not quite so much that he just woke up to get a great new contract

Yeah, his first season was also pretty good. But he hasn't exactly been consistent, or the Jazz would have locked him up long term already. Instead, they decided to do so with Millsap.

It's all a matter of focus, tho, not talent...

They went with Millsap because he is cheaper and they got him at a bargain price, allowing them to let Boozer go if they want, though I think they'll do a trade in the offseason, if Boozer doesn't sign outright with another team

migya make the ring fall on ya
Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:41 pm
I was partly watching Thunder vs Knicks replay last evening, just for a couple of minutes, and i saw (former) King Rodriguez playing for Knicks. then i see (former) Celtic Eddie House playing for Knicks too, and i was hmmm. and then i see T-Mac playing for Knicks as well, and i was WTH! that was very weird and led me to thinking what is the point of these trades, i think usually very small, becase it's the same players over and over travelling from one team to another. what are the chances of improving a teams results this way? i think less than 50%, because the players that they give away can't be that bad. but i guess all that matters is that the show goes on, the players earn millions and we are entertained by their play.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:14 pm
gaga_warioz wrote:I was partly watching Thunder vs Knicks replay last evening, just for a couple of minutes, and i saw (former) King Rodriguez playing for Knicks. then i see (former) Celtic Eddie House playing for Knicks too, and i was hmmm. and then i see T-Mac playing for Knicks as well, and i was WTH! that was very weird and led me to thinking what is the point of these trades, i think usually very small, becase it's the same players over and over travelling from one team to another. what are the chances of improving a teams results this way? i think less than 50%, because the players that they give away can't be that bad. but i guess all that matters is that the show goes on, the players earn millions and we are entertained by their play.

Well in this day and age it is all about contracts. In the Knicks case, none of the trades had ANYTHING to do will value ON the floor, but rather their contract status. They are making a bold move to be THE major player in free agency this off season.

As it stands, they will have a bit over 30 million in cap space. This should allow them to sign 2 top free agents. I believe their hope is they can land 2 of the following 3:
Lebron
Wade
Bosh
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:34 pm
you know as much as I don't like NY, I almost hope they do - just to mess up the Lakers
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:09 am
Although I do think that getting Sergio Rodriguez in the trade was a good move. He's just PERFECT for D'Antoni's system.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:12 am
TMC wrote:Although I do think that getting Sergio Rodriguez in the trade was a good move. He's just PERFECT for D'Antoni's system.

Duhon looks gone there and I'd like to have him as the backup PG here. He had a horrid season shooting the ball, but he gets alot of assists and is a good defender, good PG allround

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:45 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:Although I do think that getting Sergio Rodriguez in the trade was a good move. He's just PERFECT for D'Antoni's system.

Duhon looks gone there and I'd like to have him as the backup PG here. He had a horrid season shooting the ball, but he gets alot of assists and is a good defender, good PG allround

I prefer C.J. Watson.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:23 am
Tarantism wrote:
migya wrote:

I prefer C.J. Watson.

Me too. Duhon is... well, a backup's backup.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:09 pm
TMC wrote:
Tarantism wrote:
migya wrote:

I prefer C.J. Watson.

Watson is a backup and sometimes a bit of a waste of a roster spot. Duhon is proven and a real PG. I'd get him for 3 million a year

All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:15 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
Tarantism wrote:
migya wrote:

I prefer C.J. Watson.

Watson is a backup and sometimes a bit of a waste of a roster spot. Duhon is proven and a real PG. I'd get him for 3 million a year

I'm with ya migs, maybe not in a trade for watson, but I wouldn't mind signing him to a low or min offer. watson is great but between him, monta and curry that's just too many small players that don't have the tools to defend the perimeter. he's got to go for a defensive perimeter stopper (sefolosha-esque) or a legit SF/PF back-up.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Previous

Return to NBA Forum