My Argument With A "Psychic".

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


Rookie
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:42 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:07 pm
Physics can not exist because there are finite universes with finite amount of possibilities. If you were able to see the future or "sense" as you claim then that would imply everything is set and free will can not exist. That's not true and free will does exist. And the fact that there is finite amount of possibilities makes it impossible to predict. A true physic (one that can't exist) would sense every possibility and even then you're not physic; that's just knowing the possibilities.


Edit: HiddenCounter was venerable on this site and respected. As soon as the mask comes down you people nitpick everything. You even nitpick what is not wrong. I was going to leave, but someone asked me to stay. I am also sorry about the 'psychic' 'physics' mistakes. Would you like a refund?
Last edited by HiddenCounter on Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fighting liberals one post at a time.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5862
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:46 pm
I once went to a Psychic once and after 'filling out a form' (which i thought was unusual) caught the lady surfing my myspace page on a alleged bathroom visit she needed to go to.

I left without paying :mrgreen:

Moderator
Posts: 5356
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:57 pm
PAWNO wrote:I once went to a Psychic once and after 'filling out a form' (which i thought was unusual) caught the lady surfing my myspace page on a alleged bathroom visit she needed to go to.

I left without paying :mrgreen:


lol

u should see Richard Malkin, from LOST... dude is an ultimate psychic.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5862
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:35 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
PAWNO wrote:I once went to a Psychic once and after 'filling out a form' (which i thought was unusual) caught the lady surfing my myspace page on a alleged bathroom visit she needed to go to.

I left without paying :mrgreen:


lol

u should see Richard Malkin, from LOST... dude is an ultimate psychic.


Oh thanks for the reminder. i got a thread to bump!
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:04 pm
You all do remember this is Oaklandfnatic (Supposedly) right?
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 930
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:24 pm
Location: Rock Island, WA
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:49 pm
bigstrads wrote:You all do remember this is Oaklandfnatic (Supposedly) right?


LOL...I remember that guy.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:22 am
Cool share, man. But you know what, Oakland? That's YOUR opinion. I hope you understand that person doesn't care about anything you just said. It's like you trying to tell me the whole "realistic" side of my religion.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:16 am
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:08 am
Physics is a very useful branch of science.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5862
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:34 am
D4rk 0ne wrote:Physics is a very useful branch of science.


Oh **** are we talking about Psychics or Physics... DANG WAY TO DERAIL A THREAD PAWNDOGG :oops:
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:53 am
I think the kid meant Psychic, but spelled it and now is questioning physics! haha, and if he is , he'll be on the losing end of that one.
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:28 am
RobDIKUM wrote:I think the kid meant Psychic, but spelled it and now is questioning physics! haha, and if he is , he'll be on the losing end of that one.


Typical..........Oaklands stupidity has always been "Finite" :wink:

I think we must have the little kid back here again, instead of the older, slightly more intelligent person he used to post under the guise of "Hiddencounter" when he first joined.

Oaklandfnatic wrote:Physics can not exist because there are finite universes with finite amount of possibilities.


Oaklandfnatic wrote: And the fact that there is finite amount of possibilities makes it impossible to predict.

Rookie
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:42 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:01 pm
bigstrads wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:I think the kid meant Psychic, but spelled it and now is questioning physics! haha, and if he is , he'll be on the losing end of that one.


Typical..........Oaklands stupidity has always been "Finite" :wink:

I think we must have the little kid back here again, instead of the older, slightly more intelligent person he used to post under the guise of "Hiddencounter" when he first joined.

Oaklandfnatic wrote:Physics can not exist because there are finite universes with finite amount of possibilities.


Oaklandfnatic wrote: And the fact that there is finite amount of possibilities makes it impossible to predict.



http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/finite

I meant finite, I didn't mean infinite. Although what I was talking about (Multiverse) is what we perceive to be infinite is finite.




xbay wrote:Cool share, man. But you know what, Oakland? That's YOUR opinion. I hope you understand that person doesn't care about anything you just said. It's like you trying to tell me the whole "realistic" side of my religion.
Mine is science, mine is fact. Theirs is an opinion!
Fighting liberals one post at a time.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:05 pm
HiddenCounter wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:I think the kid meant Psychic, but spelled it and now is questioning physics! haha, and if he is , he'll be on the losing end of that one.


Typical..........Oaklands stupidity has always been "Finite" :wink:

I think we must have the little kid back here again, instead of the older, slightly more intelligent person he used to post under the guise of "Hiddencounter" when he first joined.

Oaklandfnatic wrote:Physics can not exist because there are finite universes with finite amount of possibilities.


Oaklandfnatic wrote: And the fact that there is finite amount of possibilities makes it impossible to predict.



http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/finite

I meant finite, I didn't mean infinite. Although what I was talking about (Multiverse) is what we perceive to be infinite is finite.




xbay wrote:Cool share, man. But you know what, Oakland? That's YOUR opinion. I hope you understand that person doesn't care about anything you just said. It's like you trying to tell me the whole "realistic" side of my religion.


Mine is science, mine is fact. Theirs is an opinion!


Well you need to consider that you're going around people's jobs and hobbies trying to "educate the truth" to them. No one cares.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Rookie
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:42 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:01 pm
xbay wrote:
HiddenCounter wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:I think the kid meant Psychic, but spelled it and now is questioning physics! haha, and if he is , he'll be on the losing end of that one.


Typical..........Oaklands stupidity has always been "Finite" :wink:

I think we must have the little kid back here again, instead of the older, slightly more intelligent person he used to post under the guise of "Hiddencounter" when he first joined.

Oaklandfnatic wrote:Physics can not exist because there are finite universes with finite amount of possibilities.


Oaklandfnatic wrote: And the fact that there is finite amount of possibilities makes it impossible to predict.



http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/finite

I meant finite, I didn't mean infinite. Although what I was talking about (Multiverse) is what we perceive to be infinite is finite.




xbay wrote:Cool share, man. But you know what, Oakland? That's YOUR opinion. I hope you understand that person doesn't care about anything you just said. It's like you trying to tell me the whole "realistic" side of my religion.


Mine is science, mine is fact. Theirs is an opinion!


Well you need to consider that you're going around people's jobs and hobbies trying to "educate the truth" to them. No one cares.


I think that is the problem with out society. Some people look at the evidence and change their minds, and that's what I strive for.
Fighting liberals one post at a time.

All Star
Posts: 1218
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:56 am
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:18 pm
What about a psychic physicist who psyches people out with pseudo science?

The only true test for psychic powers is to pick lottery numbers. No numbers, no powers. Period.

Oh, but they can only use their powers for good!

Well, then give the money to orphans.

The local psychic has been in business for at least 35 years and she has a Humvee, the big one, not the downsized model, with every bit of chrome offered and huge wheels and tires. Bright yellow and alway perfectly clean and detailed. If I was forced to go to one, I'd go to her. At least she might be entertainingly and professionally fake.
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 3 guests