Trade Deadline News and Rumors

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:39 pm
Trade FAIL

:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:45 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
fine wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
Tarantism wrote:
fine wrote:I don't see why the Kings agreed to the 3-way. They didn't get any better by involving NY in the deal.

McGrady's agent was leaning on the Kings to trade him to New York. It happens that McGrady is represented by the same agent as Tyreke Evans.

But I don't see how it hurts. The basically got Hughes (and his expiring contract) just by giving up damaged goods that didn't want to play there anyway. It makes sense.

instead of buying out TMac, they can buy out the cheaper Hughes, or maybe actually suit him up.

Good points. I just hate how Houston got so much for Carl Landry and a player they told to stay away from them.

They did get a haul, but I guess that is what happens when you have the largest expiring contract in the league. The Knicks are investing a lot in hope.

Would be a real score if New York got Lebron and then resigned TMac for pretty cheap and he played well for them. Would surprise everyone though doubt it would happen

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:48 am
So Phil Jackson and Doc Rivers are criticizing the Wiz for the Jamison deal...

Man, what a couple of whiney b*tches... So it's ok when you get Gasol for nothing or when you get Nate Robinson for a couple of bench warmers... but now that the Cavs have gotten something done (maybe for the first time in the Lebron era), they complain because it's not fair that they're gonna sign Ilgauskas back???. F*ck that...
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:11 am
TMC wrote:So Phil Jackson and Doc Rivers are criticizing the Wiz for the Jamison deal...

Man, what a couple of whiney b*tches... So it's ok when you get Gasol for nothing or when you get Nate Robinson for a couple of bench warmers... but now that the Cavs have gotten something done (maybe for the first time in the Lebron era), they complain because it's not fair that they're gonna sign Ilgauskas back???. F*ck that...

lol, really? Fkn hypocrites
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:39 am
TMC wrote:So Phil Jackson and Doc Rivers are criticizing the Wiz for the Jamison deal...

That's it, though Nate Robinson doesn't do much more than House does, so I'll say the PGasol trade was a robbery as such, but then again, MGasol was in that deal and he is almost as good as Pau :wink:

Biches will be biches, that's business and it has turned some men into little biches

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:14 am
migya wrote:

That's it, though Nate Robinson doesn't do much more than House does, so I'll say the PGasol trade was a robbery as such, but then again, MGasol was in that deal and he is almost as good as Pau :wink:

Biches will be biches, that's business and it has turned some men into little biches

God, how F'ing pathetic......... :roll:

Although I just CANT STAND the way that teams are allowed to do this sh*t of trading a guy for someone, then the other team waives him and you sign him right back after 30 days.

Its such bull sh*t, I mean the Cavs get an All Star for FREE!!! They sign Z back to the vets minimum, so they get Jamison for the cost of about 1.5 mil for the rest of the season..............they didnt even have to give up Hickson.

They should make it so you cant re-sign the waived guy until the following season.............I mean why should the Wiz waive him? it wont be written into the deal, they are going to pay him anyway, why hand the Cavs the East title..........atleast.............just keep him!!!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:13 am
Quazza wrote:

lol, really? Fkn hypocrites

Here it is:

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=4926633

bigstrads wrote:Although I just CANT STAND the way that teams are allowed to do this sh*t of trading a guy for someone, then the other team waives him and you sign him right back after 30 days.

Its such bull sh*t, I mean the Cavs get an All Star for FREE!!! They sign Z back to the vets minimum, so they get Jamison for the cost of about 1.5 mil for the rest of the season..............they didnt even have to give up Hickson.

I don't have a problem with that. Rules are rules and apply to everybody. If we were contenders (ha!!!) and were able to make such a move, we'd all love the flexibility of that system.

But as we're all led by a bunch of clueless guys, seems like other teams may be favored by a system that's actually the same for everybody.

Don't blame the system, blame the f*ckers that don't know how to make good use of it to improve our team...

bigstrads wrote:I mean why should the Wiz waive him? it wont be written into the deal, they are going to pay him anyway, why hand the Cavs the East title..........atleast.............just keep him!!!

Well, they'll agree to a buyout with him, so they get to pay less, but he'll be able to sign back with the Cavs (or anywhere else, if he wants to). Win-win for both sides.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:20 am
Yikes..............Jamison going 0-12, getting blocked 5 times, on his Cleveland debut.

Nice.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:15 am
bigstrads wrote:Yikes..............Jamison going 0-12, getting blocked 5 times, on his Cleveland debut.

Nice.

I'm kinda rooting a bit for the Cavs. I don't care about Lebron, I don't particularly like him or dislike him, but Jamison was (and still is) a class act and I'd love to see him win a ring before he ends his career.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:08 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Yikes..............Jamison going 0-12, getting blocked 5 times, on his Cleveland debut.

Nice.

I'm kinda rooting a bit for the Cavs. I don't care about Lebron, I don't particularly like him or dislike him, but Jamison was (and still is) a class act and I'd love to see him win a ring before he ends his career.

I've got nothing against leBron, but I just don't want to see a LeBron dynasty start. The one good thing about them winning is that it may help LeBron stay in Cleveland. A LeBron dynasty in New York would be too much to bare.

I'd love to see Utah as an underdog, I don't think I've seen any team play as well against us all year. ( of course it is just us ) Monta was completely humiliated and Maggs was stuffed so bad and almost couldn't get to the foul line. They're so much more disciplined than any other team, they play great fundamental basketball, and they always make us look like slackers after the loose balls.
People who counted out Boozer last year, can see he's going for the biggest contract he can get.
War Years
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:09 am
War Years wrote:People who counted out Boozer last year, can see he's going for the biggest contract he can get.

Yeah, but it's not that surprising. Everybody knows that Boozer always has a MONSTER season in contract years.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:23 am
TMC wrote:
War Years wrote:People who counted out Boozer last year, can see he's going for the biggest contract he can get.

Yeah, but it's not that surprising. Everybody knows that Boozer always has a MONSTER season in contract years.

Boozer has been great at least the last three years, so this season is no different. The guy looked like he was going to disappear somewhat after his first season in Utah I think it was, but has been one of the best PFs since

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:29 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

Boozer has been great at least the last three years, so this season is no different. The guy looked like he was going to disappear somewhat after his first season in Utah I think it was, but has been one of the best PFs since

Eh... last season wasn't particularly bright, Migya. He missed a ton of games, and I think it was all because he wasn't really focused on the game.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:32 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

Eh... last season wasn't particularly bright, Migya. He missed a ton of games, and I think it was all because he wasn't really focused on the game.

This season hasn't been his only great season since being in Utah, that's my point, so it's not quite so much that he just woke up to get a great new contract

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:06 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

This season hasn't been his only great season since being in Utah, that's my point, so it's not quite so much that he just woke up to get a great new contract

Yeah, his first season was also pretty good. But he hasn't exactly been consistent, or the Jazz would have locked him up long term already. Instead, they decided to do so with Millsap.

It's all a matter of focus, tho, not talent...
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum