Trade Deadline News and Rumors

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:48 am
I don't see why the Kings agreed to the 3-way. They didn't get any better by involving NY in the deal.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:54 am
fine wrote:I don't see why the Kings agreed to the 3-way. They didn't get any better by involving NY in the deal.

McGrady's agent was leaning on the Kings to trade him to New York. It happens that McGrady is represented by the same agent as Tyreke Evans.

But I don't see how it hurts. The basically got Hughes (and his expiring contract) just by giving up damaged goods that didn't want to play there anyway. It makes sense.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:56 am
Tarantism wrote:
fine wrote:I don't see why the Kings agreed to the 3-way. They didn't get any better by involving NY in the deal.

McGrady's agent was leaning on the Kings to trade him to New York. It happens that McGrady is represented by the same agent as Tyreke Evans.

But I don't see how it hurts. The basically got Hughes (and his expiring contract) just by giving up damaged goods that didn't want to play there anyway. It makes sense.

instead of buying out TMac, they can buy out the cheaper Hughes, or maybe actually suit him up.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:08 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
Tarantism wrote:

instead of buying out TMac, they can buy out the cheaper Hughes, or maybe actually suit him up.

Good points. I just hate how Houston got so much for Carl Landry and a player they told to stay away from them.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:11 pm
fine wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
Tarantism wrote:

Good points. I just hate how Houston got so much for Carl Landry and a player they told to stay away from them.

They did get a haul, but I guess that is what happens when you have the largest expiring contract in the league. The Knicks are investing a lot in hope.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:50 pm
Ian Thomsen, SI.com: "The Celtics have acquired Nate Robinson(notes) and rookie Marcus Landry(notes) from New York in exchange for Eddie House(notes), J.R. Giddens(notes) and Bill Walker(notes), league sources tell SI.com." (2:40 p.m. ET, Feb. 18)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:51 pm
Adrian Wojnarowski, Y! Sports: "Charlotte and Indiana in serious talks on deal that would send T.J. Ford(notes) to Bobcats for package that includes D.J. Augustine, source says." (2:24 p.m. ET, Feb. 18)

Kate Fagan, Philadelphia Inquirer: "Confirmed: 76ers gave Ivey/Brezec + 2nd-round pick to the Milwaukee Bucks for Meeks/Elson. Initially reported that 6ers received pick." (1:43 p.m. ET, Feb. 18)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:53 pm
The Miami Heat and Utah Jazz engaged the Washington Wizards in a possible three-team deal that would send Carlos Boozer to the Heat, but the talks have gone nowhere, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

One general manager said the Heat were calling around this afternoon, already trying to lay groundwork for the draft and offseason. They no longer appeared to be trying to make a significant deal at the deadline.

Heat forward Michael Beasley hadn’t been included in the discussions, a source said

– Adrian Wojnarowski and Marc J. Spears, 2:05 p.m. ET, Feb. 18
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:16 pm
The Utah Jazz sent Ronnie Brewer(notes) to the Memphis Grizzlies for a draft pick just before the trade deadline, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:19 pm
The Celts got Robinson for basically Eddie House. Now they have a good back up for Rondo.

The Brewer trade was expected. Rumors started about a month ago that Memphis was looking to add depth to its bench, and they were very interested in adding him.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:28 pm
How do the Warriors not make a single trade? I guess they feel we will get to the finals with what we have :roll:

Monta needed to be traded. He's an excellent player that doesn't fit on this team.

Mags needed to be traded. His contract is bloated and he is probably at his highest trade value right now.

FUBAR!!!
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:13 pm
we're waiting larry... you better come up with something good in the offseason
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:51 pm
first off wrote:we're waiting larry... you better come up with something good in the offseason

...he wont.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:56 pm
Tarantism wrote:
first off wrote:we're waiting larry... you better come up with something good in the offseason

...he wont.

Unless the LARRY you are referring to has a last name of Ellison! :)

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:03 pm
bada wrote:
Tarantism wrote:

...he wont.

Unless the LARRY you are referring to has a last name of Ellison! :)

8)
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum