Trade Deadline News and Rumors

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:09 am
xbay wrote:
TMC wrote:Oh, and Salmons is gonna help the Bucks a lot. Surprising that the Bulls traded him just for expirers.

They're pushing to free up space to make a big splash during the off season. They're going to push hard to get LeBron, Bosh, or Wade. They would love to pair one of those guys with Derrick Rose.

Well, they only hace a chance at Bosh, and I think he'd consider the Knicks over them.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:28 am
2010 Rockets?

Brooks
Martin
Battier
Scola
Yao

Ariza off the bench.
Still have more cap space to get more players.

Looks pretty balanced to me. Martin is going to get his efficeincy back up playing within a more defined system. Coming off Battier and Scola screens isn't going to hurt either.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:26 am
still stunned the Rockets would give up Landry

Interesting stat - he's the 2nd leading, 4th quarter scorer in the league - behind Bron Bron
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:28 am
Chum wrote:
migya wrote:
BDIDDY707 wrote:Warriors Reportedly declined Memphis offer of OJ Mayo for Monta Ellis. Im glad they did because Monta is a much better player IMO.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2 ... -salaries/

If that's true, absolutely stupid (and expected) that the team didn't take that offer. There would have had to have been another player from the Grizz to make up the salary, but Mayo is taller, a better shooter, younger and more of an allround player as well. He'll only get better where Monta will likely not get better than what he's done this season

Steinmetz was saying that if this trade were to happen Memphis would have to also include Hasheem Thabeet or Marc Gasol, and they won't be trading Gasol.

Mayo plus a project for Monta, hmmm. I know Hasheem Thabeet would be a work in progress but he was a difference maker at UCONN and a true physical specimen (7'3", 267lbs, huuuuuuuuuge wingspan AND he can jump.) Just say'n.

I'd much rather have MGasol obviously, but Mayo looks like he can be a very good player, allstar caliber like. I would definately want to trade aB for MGasol though, not keeping AB and getting MGasol. Thabeet might become a serviceable player, but looks like an O'bryant type bust

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:30 am
fine wrote:2010 Rockets?

Brooks
Martin
Battier
Scola
Yao

Ariza off the bench.

Looks pretty balanced to me. Martin is going to get his efficeincy back up playing within a more defined system. Coming off Battier and Scola screens isn't going to hurt either.

Be interesting to see how that trade goes down for the Rockets. Landry was doing real well and KMartin is looking like he doesn't help a team win much. Maybe Houston wanted a star like player and thought Martin was it. They have fire power that's for sure

migya make the ring fall on ya

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:51 am
Bye Kevin Martin... hope you never come back to NorCal!

I'll let you know how Kings fans think of this trade after listening to talk radio... If i were them, i would personally like it.... K-Mart is my least favorite player in the NBA. I hate his tactics on getting to the free throw line, his stupid grin, and his ego. Glad he is out of my city.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:29 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Bye Kevin Martin... hope you never come back to NorCal!

I'll let you know how Kings fans think of this trade after listening to talk radio... If i were them, i would personally like it.... K-Mart is my least favorite player in the NBA. I hate his tactics on getting to the free throw line, his stupid grin, and his ego. Glad he is out of my city.

He ain't nothin but flop artist.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:57 am
fine wrote:2010 Rockets?

Brooks
Martin
Battier
Scola
Yao

Ariza off the bench.

I still think Ariza will start and Battier will come from the bench... doesn't matter, tho. Those two will rotate with Martin and all of them will play a similar amount of minutes.

But what about the Kings?

PG.- Udrih / ???
SG.- Evans / Garcia
SF.- Casspi / Nocioni
PF.- Landry / Thompson
C.- Hewes / ???

I'm not counting T-Mac, because he'll probably be gone after the season (if not sooner to the Knicks). But let's remember they'll be able to add another lottery pick, and that they've lost Kevin Martin, whitout whom this team was playing close to .500 bball.

I kinda like that team a lot more than the Rockets, actually.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:29 am
I like the move by the Rockets. They essentially traded nothing for something...and I think that losing Landry to add scoring like Martin was a good move in this case. The Rockets are already so strong defensively, and maybe some of that will rub off on Martin. BTW I think that Martin will start there: Brooks/Martin/Ariza/Scola/Yao with Battier/Budinger/Hayes off the bench isn't bad.

But the word around the league is that there is at least a 50/50 chance that this becomes a three team deal involving New York, and that in the deal the Rockets would end up with Jeffries and/or Jordan Hill. If they can swing that, the damn. Getting Martin/Jeffries and a lottery project player for basically McGrady and Landry is pretty good. I think I read that the Knicks would throw in a possibly unprotected 2012 first rounder as well?

Plus, I thought some people might be interested in this:

According to one source, the Sixers have inquired about San Antonio Spurs guard Roger Mason, as well as Golden State Warriors swingman Anthony Morrow. Neither player was available for the Sixers. In one case, the team wasn't willing to part with the player. In the other, the Sixers couldn't offer enough in return.

We know that the player that Philadelphia wasn't offering enough for was Roger Mason, because reports came out a few days ago that he was being shopped. That means that the guy we were unwilling to give up was Morrow, and that brought me some joy. When we get a decent coach I want to see Morrow picking a popping off screens all day and all night. Guys is a seriously talented pure shooter.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:53 am
Stupidly, it doesn't seem as if we are making any deals at the deadline.

League sources said teams have shown interest in Monta Ellis, Corey Maggette, Andris Biedrins and Anthony Randolph, but Golden State general manager Larry Riley said he doesn't foresee making a trade on Thursday.

"We've spent quite a bit of time with everything we could look at, but I don't have anything that I expect to happen," Riley said. "I believe that most of the deals that get done will be of the cap nature, and if we do anything, that would very likely be the direction it would go."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... z0fu4JUhrj

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:58 am
migya wrote:
Chum wrote:
migya wrote:
BDIDDY707 wrote:Warriors Reportedly declined Memphis offer of OJ Mayo for Monta Ellis. Im glad they did because Monta is a much better player IMO.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2 ... -salaries/

If that's true, absolutely stupid (and expected) that the team didn't take that offer. There would have had to have been another player from the Grizz to make up the salary, but Mayo is taller, a better shooter, younger and more of an allround player as well. He'll only get better where Monta will likely not get better than what he's done this season

Steinmetz was saying that if this trade were to happen Memphis would have to also include Hasheem Thabeet or Marc Gasol, and they won't be trading Gasol.

Mayo plus a project for Monta, hmmm. I know Hasheem Thabeet would be a work in progress but he was a difference maker at UCONN and a true physical specimen (7'3", 267lbs, huuuuuuuuuge wingspan AND he can jump.) Just say'n.

I'd much rather have MGasol obviously, but Mayo looks like he can be a very good player, allstar caliber like. I would definately want to trade aB for MGasol though, not keeping AB and getting MGasol. Thabeet might become a serviceable player, but looks like an O'bryant type bust

I would definately want to trade aB for MGasol though, not keeping AB and getting MGasol.

I'm sure if the W's could do that they would. But Memphis would never do that.

I've always hated Kevin Martin! That grin has always bugged me too! But I think he will work in well with the Rockets.
War Years
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:26 am
Marc J. Spears, Y! Sports: "Y! Sports has learned Bobcats get Tyrus Thomas(notes) from Bulls for Flip Murray(notes), Acie Law(notes) and future 1st round pick. [...] Nuggets tried hard to get Thomas, but Charlotte had more attractive pick." (12:10 p.m. ET, Feb. 18)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:29 am
bada wrote:
Marc J. Spears, Y! Sports: "Y! Sports has learned Bobcats get Tyrus Thomas(notes) from Bulls for Flip Murray(notes), Acie Law(notes) and future 1st round pick. [...] Nuggets tried hard to get Thomas, but Charlotte had more attractive pick." (12:10 p.m. ET, Feb. 18)

That deal would... well, let's say Thomas is the best player in that deal, but that first rounder might be even more valuable. Good deal for the Bulls... if they know how to use it.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:37 am
The Sac-Hou deal has a new partner. The deal has been re-worked so T-Mac can go to NY (with Sergio Rodriguez, who is gonna be an amazing fit for D'Antoni's system... but still a backup), Sacramento getting Landry and Dorsey from Houston and Larry Hughes from the Knicks and the Rockets getting Martin, Jordan Hill and Jeffries as well as the Knicks 2012 first rounder and the right to swap picks with NY in 2011.

From NY standpoint, this has been just a move to get rid of Jeffries' contract, but the trade gets slightly better for Houston.

Oh, and to add to the Salmons deal, the Bucks got the rigt to swap picks with Chicago, although the Bulls pick is top 10 protected.
Last edited by TMC on Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:40 am
I guess this is a done deal now:

Rockets get:
Hill
Jeffries
Martin
Swap 2011 first round picks with NY (top 1 protected)
2012 first round pick from NY (top 5 OR top 10 protected)

Kings get:
Landry
Dorsey
Hughes

Knicks get:
Rodriguez
McGrady
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum