Trade Deadline News and Rumors

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:24 pm
bada wrote:first BIG trade. So all the Clippers get is Drew Gooden who they will cut for Al Thornton, Telfair and Skinner???? Not watched the Clips much this year but I liked Thornton's game.

The Cleveland Cavaliers have reached agreement on a six-player, three-team trade that lands them former All-Star forward Antawn Jamison(notes), league sources with knowledge of the talks told Yahoo! Sports.

The Cavaliers are sending center Zydrunas Ilgauskas,(notes) a first-round pick and the draft rights to Emil Preldzic to the Wizards. The Wizards also will receive Brian Skinner(notes) and Al Thornton(notes) from the Los Angeles Clippers. The Cavaliers will get point guard Sebastian Telfair(notes) from the Clippers. The Wizards will send Drew Gooden(notes) to the Clippers.

The Clippers will buy out Gooden, a league source said.

The Cavaliers’ decision to acquire Jamison came a day after talks between the teams intensified. Cleveland was waiting on the Phoenix Suns to respond to their offer for Amar’e Stoudemire.

The Washington Post first reported the Wizards had agreed to send Jamison to the Cavaliers.

Clips cleaning house, taking most possessions out of the house and giving them away, paying some people to take them :mrgreen:

They must definately want to be players in the free agent market, maybe they think they can attract some stars :oops:

The Cavs have just given Lebron a big reason to stay after this season, as Jamison and Mo Williams are very good star players around him, throw in Shaq if he stays. Interesting to see where and how Jamison fits in there, as he won't likely score anywhere near as much as he did in the Wiz.

Gooden might well resign with the Mavs, but I reckon there's an outside chance he signs back with the Spurs and they could use him

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:38 pm
BDIDDY707 wrote:Warriors Reportedly declined Memphis offer of OJ Mayo for Monta Ellis. Im glad they did because Monta is a much better player IMO.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2 ... -salaries/

If that's true, absolutely stupid (and expected) that the team didn't take that offer. There would have had to have been another player from the Grizz to make up the salary, but Mayo is taller, a better shooter, younger and more of an allround player as well. He'll only get better where Monta will likely not get better than what he's done this season

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:55 pm
watching Suns v Mavs. man, i dont think a lot of people realise how huge of a get, Haywood is for Dallas. One of the most underrated bigs in the game imo. An absolute beast on the off glass
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:07 pm
yes, please feel free to open threads about WARRIOR specific trade stuff in the Warrior forum. That is definately worth of a discussion where everyone visits.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:54 pm
So now that Jamison is in Cleveland, is Amare still going to be in Phoenix as the deadline passes tomorrow? I really think Miami wants him, but they don't want to add someone like Beasley to the deal.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:56 pm
xbay wrote:So now that Jamison is in Cleveland, is Amare still going to be in Phoenix as the deadline passes tomorrow? I really think Miami wants him, but they don't want to add someone like Beasley to the deal.

the speculation is that he wont be traded now... however it shounds like he is going to be PISSED about that so maybe they will be more motivated to make a deal.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:59 pm
bada wrote:
xbay wrote:So now that Jamison is in Cleveland, is Amare still going to be in Phoenix as the deadline passes tomorrow? I really think Miami wants him, but they don't want to add someone like Beasley to the deal.

the speculation is that he wont be traded now... however it shounds like he is going to be PISSED about that so maybe they will be more motivated to make a deal.

Wow, interesting. I know Miami was pushing hard, but they did not want to add Beasley into the mix. And they needed a third party involved to complete the deal while also taking on Richardson's contract.

That's too bad for Phoenix. They'll lose Amare this summer for nothing, unless whoever they replace him with in the summer is even better.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:21 pm
xbay wrote:
bada wrote:

Wow, interesting. I know Miami was pushing hard, but they did not want to add Beasley into the mix. And they needed a third party involved to complete the deal while also taking on Richardson's contract.

That's too bad for Phoenix. They'll lose Amare this summer for nothing, unless whoever they replace him with in the summer is even better.

yeah, which is why it would not suprise me to see them lower their asking price a bit closer to tomorrow's deadline.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:00 pm
bada wrote:
xbay wrote:
bada wrote:

yeah, which is why it would not suprise me to see them lower their asking price a bit closer to tomorrow's deadline.

Amare was huge today against the Mavs, really raising his value to show how good he still is.

Phoenix has to realise that they have to trade him or they'll lose him for nothing. I'd want Beasley if I was them and I'd insist until a day before, but they'll have to fold as such because of the fact that they could lose him for nothing, which looks like it's what Amare wants as well. Miami offering Jermaine and fillers really is not that bad, Phoenix might not get better than that

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:32 pm
Rockets Will Acquire Kevin Martin
More Rockets News

The Rockets have an agreement in principal with the Kings to acquire Kevin Martin, according to Marc Stein.

This trade could expand to a three-way deal with the Knicks, sending McGrady to New York.

A league source indicated that McGrady will wind up in Sacramento or New York by Thursday's deadline.

Kenny Thomas, Hilton Armstrong and Sergio Rodriguez will also come to Houston, while McGrady, Carl Landry and Joey Dorsey will be outgoing, according to Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... z0frmwXiqF
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:01 am
lmao @ inside hoops view on the Darko for Cardinal swap

A trade of this magnitude changes not just the face of the NBA and sports in general, but of humanity and the future of our existence on this planet.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:29 am
migya wrote:
BDIDDY707 wrote:Warriors Reportedly declined Memphis offer of OJ Mayo for Monta Ellis. Im glad they did because Monta is a much better player IMO.

If that's true, absolutely stupid (and expected) that the team didn't take that offer. There would have had to have been another player from the Grizz to make up the salary, but Mayo is taller, a better shooter, younger and more of an allround player as well. He'll only get better where Monta will likely not get better than what he's done this season

Steinmetz was saying that if this trade were to happen Memphis would have to also include Hasheem Thabeet or Marc Gasol, and they won't be trading Gasol.

Mayo plus a project for Monta, hmmm. I know Hasheem Thabeet would be a work in progress but he was a difference maker at UCONN and a true physical specimen (7'3", 267lbs, huuuuuuuuuge wingspan AND he can jump.) Just say'n.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:42 am
Quazza wrote:Rockets Will Acquire Kevin Martin
More Rockets News

The Rockets have an agreement in principal with the Kings to acquire Kevin Martin, according to Marc Stein.

This trade could expand to a three-way deal with the Knicks, sending McGrady to New York.

A league source indicated that McGrady will wind up in Sacramento or New York by Thursday's deadline.

Kenny Thomas, Hilton Armstrong and Sergio Rodriguez will also come to Houston, while McGrady, Carl Landry and Joey Dorsey will be outgoing, according to Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... z0frmwXiqF

Wow. Did not see that coming. I saw McGrady going to New York or Chicago, not Sac. Sac has been shopping KMart for a while now since they wanted Tyreke Evans as their future. They get a pretty nice addition in Landry. For Houston... they got a solid scoring option to go along with Brooks.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:53 am
bigstrads wrote:Also, how many more times is Bada gonna steal my thread ideas? :mrgreen:

I was thinking the same thing... :wink:

Chum wrote:
migya wrote:

Steinmetz was saying that if this trade were to happen Memphis would have to also include Hasheem Thabeet or Marc Gasol, and they won't be trading Gasol.

Mayo plus a project for Monta, hmmm. I know Hasheem Thabeet would be a work in progress but he was a difference maker at UCONN and a true physical specimen (7'3", 267lbs, huuuuuuuuuge wingspan AND he can jump.) Just say'n.

Yep. We're retarded. Not that I was expecting any better from this front office.

btw, the only TERRIBLE trade was Kevin Martin to Houston. They've gone to surprisingly good to surprisingly bad with just one deal, because they've not only added a volume shooter that hurts his team more than helps, but they've also traded the sixth man of the year for him. Worst trade of the season. Of the last few seasons, actually.

As for the Clips... well, Thorton has been awful this year, and it's not like he has much upside. He was at the top of his game when he was drafted, and will help the Wizards a lot (don't get me wrong, he's a decent player), but I like the idea of cutting ties with him and get money available for next year. With Rasual Butler and Outlaw, it's not like they're in a big need of a SF.

The Wizards... well, they got a late first rounder, Thornton, cap space and fillers. That's a good bounty, particularly if they can void or, somehow, get rid of Arenas. And they allowed Jamison to go to a contender and finally have a chance of winning a ring to end his career. That has a value as well.

Oh, and Salmons is gonna help the Bucks a lot. Surprising that the Bulls traded him just for expirers.

Finally, if the Mayo rumor it's true, we're the worst FO of the league. But it's not like we didn't know that already...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:57 am
TMC wrote:Oh, and Salmons is gonna help the Bucks a lot. Surprising that the Bulls traded him just for expirers.

They're pushing to free up space to make a big splash during the off season. They're going to push hard to get LeBron, Bosh, or Wade. They would love to pair one of those guys with Derrick Rose.
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum