Any ps3 owners gonna get Heavy Rain?

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:37 am
I am, either on release date or the week of :) **** looks good.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:09 pm
Pworld wrote:I am, either on release date or the week of :) **** looks good.

I was just checking that out, it looks really good. I like a good 'who-done-it."

Still playing Fallout 3, then I have Drake's 2 and Bio-Shock 2.... then maybe Heavy Rain.

If you get it Pworld, please post what you think of it here.
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:20 pm
Chum wrote:
Pworld wrote:I am, either on release date or the week of :) **** looks good.

I was just checking that out, it looks really good. I like a good 'who-done-it."

Still playing Fallout 3, then I have Drake's 2 and Bio-Shock 2.... then maybe Heavy Rain.

If you get it Pworld, please post what you think of it here.

I'm getting it 90% sure of it and 100% sure if i do get it I'm getting it on release day or week.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:26 am
I don't have a PS3, but what's up with all this talk about Bio Shock 2 having a problem they WON'T fix? The text or some sort.

Also, have you guys played Uncharted 2? That did win some awards at the GMA's.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:21 pm
xbay wrote:I don't have a PS3, but what's up with all this talk about Bio Shock 2 having a problem they WON'T fix? The text or some sort.

Also, have you guys played Uncharted 2? That did win some awards at the GMA's.

Uncharted 2 is maybe the best game ever on the ps3 :D . And **** heavy rain, I don't think i have the patience for the gameplay. God of War 3 looks like it's mine though.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:43 pm
xbay wrote:I don't have a PS3, but what's up with all this talk about Bio Shock 2 having a problem they WON'T fix? The text or some sort.

I think that's Mass Effect 2, Xbay, not Bioshock 2. Bioshock 2 doesn't have much text to read while ME 2 has lots.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:58 pm
I'm gonna check out the demo, looks really cool. I'm not sure i'll have much time to play it, i already spend most of my time on NHL10, COD:MW2, Socom, MGS4, and Little Big Planet. I love PS3 except for it's crappy voice chat and overall message/friend system. Xbox's menus are so much better, and party chat is nice. Anyway, when exactly does heavy rain come out?
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:51 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:I'm gonna check out the demo, looks really cool. I'm not sure i'll have much time to play it, i already spend most of my time on NHL10, COD:MW2, Socom, MGS4, and Little Big Planet. I love PS3 except for it's crappy voice chat and overall message/friend system. Xbox's menus are so much better, and party chat is nice. Anyway, when exactly does heavy rain come out?

23rd of this month.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:43 am
Pworld wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:I'm gonna check out the demo, looks really cool. I'm not sure i'll have much time to play it, i already spend most of my time on NHL10, COD:MW2, Socom, MGS4, and Little Big Planet. I love PS3 except for it's crappy voice chat and overall message/friend system. Xbox's menus are so much better, and party chat is nice. Anyway, when exactly does heavy rain come out?

23rd of this month.

i'm gonna check it out, looks really interesting. I hope the story is good, otherwise i'll buy it and not play it.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:12 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
Pworld wrote:

23rd of this month.

i'm gonna check it out, looks really interesting. I hope the story is good, otherwise i'll buy it and not play it.

The stories are gonna be good for sure. But the gameplay might take forever. It's like sims, but movie feeling and no stupid unrealistic **** that sims sometimes have. And an actual story line. And you gotta have fast reactions.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:51 pm
I'm going to be getting it - probably when a used copy is available... Here is a new video for it at gamespot:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/adventure/heavyrain/review.html?tag=topslot;img;1
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:24 pm
JREED23 wrote:I'm going to be getting it - probably when a used copy is available... Here is a new video for it at gamespot:

Wow looks very good from gamespots review. But they say one thing that turns me off. That thing about going through it again with different choices might not seem appealing or fun to us. I might still get this though, if not I'm getting either God of War 3 or MLB The Show 10
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:28 am
Pworld wrote:
JREED23 wrote:I'm going to be getting it - probably when a used copy is available... Here is a new video for it at gamespot:

Wow looks very good from gamespots review. But they say one thing that turns me off. That thing about going through it again with different choices might not seem appealing or fun to us. I might still get this though, if not I'm getting either God of War 3 or MLB The Show 10

I downloaded the demo, and it's pretty cool so far, didn't play much. The one thing that worries me is the different choices. If each choice you make has a different impact it's cool, but if you make a choice and it comes around to you making the other choice eventually, it takes away from the interactivity
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:56 pm
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V73NeG8C1M[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzZzASAA8RU[/youtube]

How the dude says jason a couple times just sounds fake as hell in the first video when his son walks off. And his son Jason's voice sounds really off and doesn't feel genuine imo. Game looks great nonetheless
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:06 pm
I never knew what Heavy Rain was until I read up on it. All I can say is wow... why hasn't anyone ever thought of creating a game like that before? A regular human being like you in me, the love of a father for his son, the extreme measures you go through to save your son. IMO, I think that's genius. I don't have a PS3, but after hearing that, I really wanna play this game.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Return to Off-Topic Forum