Trade Deadline News and Rumors

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:13 pm
A place to discuss NBA trade deadline rumors and/or trades that have occured.

Trade brewing? Bulls' Salmons pulled from lineup
February, 17, 2010 Feb By Marc Stein
The Chicago Bulls are holding guard John Salmons out of Wednesday’s game at New York in anticipation of a trade, ESPN.com has learned.

Salmons’ destination could not be immediately confirmed, but the Bulls have made the decision to pull Salmons out of the game against the Knicks because he is going to be traded before Thursday’s 3 p.m. trading deadline.

Any team willing to take on Salmons has to pay him $5.8 million next season.

The Bulls have been trying to force teams interested in Tyrus Thomas to include Salmons in the deal or include him as part of a package for Houston’s Tracy McGrady.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:24 pm
Chad Ford, TrueHoop: "It's rare that you hear a new name pop up on the trade front this late in the game, but two sources have told ESPN.com that the Grizzlies have let teams know Mike Conley(notes) can be had in exchange for cap relief and a good first-round pick. The Grizzlies have had an on-again, off-again relationship with Conley since his rookie season. And with Jamaal Tinsley(notes) in place, and O.J. Mayo(notes) capable of swinging to the point, it sounds like they're ready to cut bait if the right deal comes along." (5:12 p.m. ET, Feb. 17)

Brian Windhorst, The Plain Dealer: "Amare's agent tells AP that he expects Stoudemire to be traded. That is in his best interest, tho, b/c extension talks went nowhere. [...] This could be ploy by agent to force deal. Been some belief that b/c Suns are playing well they may hold off and attempt to deal in summer. [...] There are some indications out there that the Suns are getting close to giving Cavs an answer on Amar'e. As in very soon." (4:29 p.m. ET, Feb. 17)

Adrian Wojnarowski, Y! Sports: "After listening to San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich disparage them over Pau Gasol's(notes) trade to the Los Angeles Lakers, would the Memphis Grizzlies be hesitant on making a deal with the Spurs? After all, veteran shooter Roger Mason(notes) is available in San Antonio and Memphis needs some scoring off its bench. Yes, sources say, the Grizzlies do have an interest with Mason and have the cap space to absorb much of his $3.7 million salary. But a league source says Grizzlies general manager Chris Wallace still needs the OK from owner Michael Heisley to take on the contract. Mason has fallen out of the Spurs' rotation and the organization is working with his agent, Mark Bartelstein, to find a trade." (3:35 p.m. ET, Feb. 17)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:41 pm
The New York Knicks have a deal in principle to send Darko Milicic to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Brian Cardinal, two sources with knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com on Wednesday.

The two sides have yet to formally complete the trade and have a trade call scheduled for Thursday morning. Assuming nothing changes overnight, the deal should be officially consummated in the morning.

The trade will save the Knicks $1.8 million and give the Wolves a center to audition for the rest of the season. Milicic has been mired at the end of Mike D'Antoni's bench for months and has publicly said he's likely to return to Europe to play basketball when his contract expires this summer.

The Knicks plan to waive Cardinal in an attempt to clear another roster spot to facilitate a potential deal that would send Nate Robinson to Boston.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:33 pm
first BIG trade. So all the Clippers get is Drew Gooden who they will cut for Al Thornton, Telfair and Skinner???? Not watched the Clips much this year but I liked Thornton's game.

The Cleveland Cavaliers have reached agreement on a six-player, three-team trade that lands them former All-Star forward Antawn Jamison(notes), league sources with knowledge of the talks told Yahoo! Sports.

The Cavaliers are sending center Zydrunas Ilgauskas,(notes) a first-round pick and the draft rights to Emil Preldzic to the Wizards. The Wizards also will receive Brian Skinner(notes) and Al Thornton(notes) from the Los Angeles Clippers. The Cavaliers will get point guard Sebastian Telfair(notes) from the Clippers. The Wizards will send Drew Gooden(notes) to the Clippers.

The Clippers will buy out Gooden, a league source said.

The Cavaliers’ decision to acquire Jamison came a day after talks between the teams intensified. Cleveland was waiting on the Phoenix Suns to respond to their offer for Amar’e Stoudemire.

The Washington Post first reported the Wizards had agreed to send Jamison to the Cavaliers.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:02 pm
Jamison left the arena as the game was starting.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:16 pm
bada wrote:first BIG trade. So all the Clippers get is Drew Gooden who they will cut for Al Thornton, Telfair and Skinner???? Not watched the Clips much this year but I liked Thornton's game.

The Cleveland Cavaliers have reached agreement on a six-player, three-team trade that lands them former All-Star forward Antawn Jamison(notes), league sources with knowledge of the talks told Yahoo! Sports.

The Cavaliers are sending center Zydrunas Ilgauskas,(notes) a first-round pick and the draft rights to Emil Preldzic to the Wizards. The Wizards also will receive Brian Skinner(notes) and Al Thornton(notes) from the Los Angeles Clippers. The Cavaliers will get point guard Sebastian Telfair(notes) from the Clippers. The Wizards will send Drew Gooden(notes) to the Clippers.

The Clippers will buy out Gooden, a league source said.

The Cavaliers’ decision to acquire Jamison came a day after talks between the teams intensified. Cleveland was waiting on the Phoenix Suns to respond to their offer for Amar’e Stoudemire.

The Washington Post first reported the Wizards had agreed to send Jamison to the Cavaliers.

The clippers didn't. And they got Travis Outlaw, so when Travis is not injured he will be their SF
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:18 pm
Why do the clippers do that? Skinners contract really bad?
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:23 pm
yes, they did get outlaw in another trade, but in THIS trade they traded Thornton, Skinner, and Telfair for Gooden who they say they will cut. I guess I thought Thornton had more value than that.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:26 pm
Wow..............what the F is up with them Clipps? I mean I know its "The Clippers" but trading Camby and Thornton away for............well, nothing, in the space of a few days, is just horrible.

Thought they may have been turning the corner with that group...........guess not.

Also, how many more times is Bada gonna steal my thread ideas? :mrgreen:

My god, I think the Wizards fans just bumped us for first place in the "God, I Feel Sorry For Those Fans" award.

LOL...........who the F is on there team now? lol, is Josh Howard gonna average 50 a game? cuz they will need him too, theres NO-ONE else except Thornton.
Last edited by bigstrads on Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:29 pm
Warriors Reportedly declined Memphis offer of OJ Mayo for Monta Ellis. Im glad they did because Monta is a much better player IMO.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2 ... -salaries/

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:02 pm
BDIDDY707 wrote:Warriors Reportedly declined Memphis offer of OJ Mayo for Monta Ellis. Im glad they did because Monta is a much better player IMO.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2 ... -salaries/

I'm sure that is worthy of it's own thread in the Warriors Forum or added onto a Monta thread.

As for why the Clippers did their latest trade, Telfair and Thornton both had contracts going past the end of this season. As it stands now, the only players the Clips have under contract next season are B-Diddy, Kaveman, Gordon, Griffin and D. Jordan (talk about cutting the motherfucking fat). They are going to be major players in the FA market. (But they're still going to be the clippers.)
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:16 pm
Honestly guys I agree! Camby? who cares he's old, and you get Travis Outlaw a good player. But Thornton for nobody huh? This guy was sick wit it last year! he's a kid with upside and they gave him away! damn, i thought the w's were in the most turmoil in the league. the clippers just took the bottom spot! at it again!
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:58 pm
Thornton has regressed this year. Probably due in part to horrible coaching / management... kid has all the talent in the world.

I think Clips are clearing space to sign 1 big name free agent to pair with Baron / Eric Gordon / Griffin / Kaman.... Who are some big name SF's with expiring contracts?

Besides Bron Bron... though that would be a sick team.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:03 pm
Dude...wtf. I would take a Curry/Mayo combo over Curry/Monta any day.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:10 pm
Tarantism wrote:Dude...wtf. I would take a Curry/Mayo combo over Curry/Monta any day.

Imo, 2 great shooters, but I'd rather have 1 great shooter and a great driver. Cause the driver can always dish it out to shooter. Mayo doesn't have the explosiveness Monta has, nor the excitement. And Monta might of had rode a moped and got injured. but atleast he's not a dirty college cheater..aka OJ Gayo
Next

Return to NBA Forum