Trading Andre Iguodala for Amare

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:21 am
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:I don't see how Phoenix doesn't see Iggy and Dalembert as a far better trade than Ilgauskas and Hickson. Really baffling to me

Well the trade hasn't gone through, yet. And many teams have upped their offer for Amare. I understand why you believe that, though and I agree. But from a different perspective, you would think Phoenix does it so they can make a move this off season with whatever money they have. You think they'd keep Hickson and cut Ilgauskas, and all that cap space they cleared goes to a big name free agent.

I think the reason they don't consider Iggy as much is because they have Grant Hill, JRich, and Barbosa. I know, Iggy would start for the Suns, but they already have guys that can do what Iggy does. They do need a center, though, because Lopez and Frye ain't gonna cut it. Also, they're taking on Iguodala's contract. That's locked in for a couple years.

Igudala and Dalembert is a much better trade, it just would mean that Phoenix wouldn't have any salary relief for a few years. I'd take that trade from the Sixers and just support and make a slightly better player out of Dalembert, as at elast he is a very good rebounder and defender right now

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:00 pm
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:I don't see how Phoenix doesn't see Iggy and Dalembert as a far better trade than Ilgauskas and Hickson. Really baffling to me

Well the trade hasn't gone through, yet. And many teams have upped their offer for Amare. I understand why you believe that, though and I agree. But from a different perspective, you would think Phoenix does it so they can make a move this off season with whatever money they have. You think they'd keep Hickson and cut Ilgauskas, and all that cap space they cleared goes to a big name free agent.

I think the reason they don't consider Iggy as much is because they have Grant Hill, JRich, and Barbosa. I know, Iggy would start for the Suns, but they already have guys that can do what Iggy does. They do need a center, though, because Lopez and Frye ain't gonna cut it. Also, they're taking on Iguodala's contract. That's locked in for a couple years.

Igudala and Dalembert is a much better trade, it just would mean that Phoenix wouldn't have any salary relief for a few years. I'd take that trade from the Sixers and just support and make a slightly better player out of Dalembert, as at elast he is a very good rebounder and defender right now

I know. By the time Iguodala's contact is up, Hill and Nash are probably gone or retired.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:10 pm
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:

I know. By the time Iguodala's contact is up, Hill and Nash are probably gone or retired.

It gives them a young star to possibly build around, especially how Amare is as good as gone. That looks like the best trade for them and the way they've let most of their future 1st rounders go, in trades they've done, they need to get young talent that are keepers or they'll fall hard in the coming years

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:11 pm
I do wonder how Nash feels about it all
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:56 am
Quazza wrote:I do wonder how Nash feels about it all

He is powerless as such. He would have to be happy getting Iguodala though, as he is young and talented. Wouldn't surprise me if Nash played his last season or two in Lakers or another top team to try to get a championship. Maybe even Miami if Wade is still there and they get another star

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:07 am
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:I do wonder how Nash feels about it all

He is powerless as such. He would have to be happy getting Iguodala though, as he is young and talented. Wouldn't surprise me if Nash played his last season or two in Lakers or another top team to try to get a championship. Maybe even Miami if Wade is still there and they get another star

Well, apparently, the only two teams he'd consider would be Toronto (which would mean coming back home) and NY (to play for D'Antoni again). But I still see him retiring in Phoenix.
Previous

Return to NBA Forum