Game Thread: Warriors @ Los Angeles Clippers 2006-01-22

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:39 pm
Golden State Warriors (19-19) @ Los Angeles Clippers (20-16)

Start time 12:30 PM PST @ The Staples Center

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Jason Richardson
SF - Mike Dunleavy
PF - Troy Murphy
C - Adonal Foyle

Probable starters for the Los Angeles Clippers
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Sam Cassell
SG - Cuttino Mobley
SF - Quinton Ross
PF - Elton Brand
C - Chris Kaman

Team leaders
PPG - J. Richardson (22.7) | E. Brand (24.9)
RPG - T. Murphy (8.7) | E. Brand (10.7)
APG - B. Davis (9.3) | S. Cassell (6.6)
SPG - B. Davis (1.7) | C. Mobley (1.2)
BPG - A. Foyle (1.7) | E. Brand (2.7)

Matchups this Season
Nov 20 - Golden State Warriors (101) @ Los Angeles Clippers (113)
Jan 22 - Golden State Warriors @ Los Angeles Clippers
Jan 23 - Los Angeles Clippers @ Golden State Warriors
Feb 15 - Los Angeles Clippers @ Golden State Warriors
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:46 pm
Every time I'm sure the Warriors will win, they end up losing.

Every time I'm sure the Warriors will lose, they end up winning.

Warriors 102
Clips 107

(Hope this works) [-o<

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:38 pm
Yes. the relationship warrior fans have had with them the last 12 or 13 years has been a rocky one, but we'll hopefully reap the benefits soon.

Warriors 90
Clippers 100

I'm trying reverse psychology too. hahahaha

Tim
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:11 pm
Clippers 113
Warriors 101

Yes to reverse psychology! Ross will have a breakout night against Dunleavy, scoring 30 points on 11/17 shooting. :bday:

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:21 pm
Kind of an interesting game and difficult to predict.

Elton Brand will probably score at will with Troy inside. I think the key to this game may be how soon Monty sits Troy on the bench and lets Ike play PF.

If we can get Brand in early foul trouble, that will help us. That means going inside against him and trying to draw some fouls, not launching from the perimeter, which is exactly what the Clippers want us to do and exactly what I expect Troy to do.

The Clippers will be glad to trade 3's for inside 2's to keep Brand on the court. They know the odds are against a team winning with 3's. The odds favor the team that scores inside.

And BTW, our 3PT% as a team is only 21st in the league. We will never win consistently by depending on 3's. I think our best game is like last night. Quick, fast and explosive. Scoring off of our defense. We are young, we have a great bench, and we can play at that pace. Many teams cannot.

I hope Mike D. plays well. Sometimes he seems to shut down against the Clippers. It may be a personal challenge he has to overcome. If Mike D. continues to play well, we will probably have a good night.

I've never understood why we don't do better against the Clippers. I think if we control the tempo and keep it fast like last night, we should win easily. When we play fast, we play loose and our shots drop.

JRich has to play well. He needs to attack Brand inside early over and over. Same with BD. Mike D. and Air France will also have to slash inside early and often. If we can get Brand on the bench, we should win.

If Troy starts casting 3's as usual, it will slow down the game and let Brand dominate inside. The momentum will shift to the Clippers, our shots will start clanging, and we'll start struggling. Long night.

Again, I think the key is how we handle Brand and I just don't have any confidence in Troy's game against Brand. We need Brand sitting on the bench. We need to control the tempo ourselves and give Brand a lose-lose situation: Defend us inside and get in foul trouble or back off and watch us score inside at will.

I think if Ike and Air France can get in early and ramp up our speed and energy, we should win easily.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:28 pm
the clippers have had our number for about 5-6 straight games it seems.

i think we'll lose by double digits... just preparing myself for the worst.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:37 am
Good analysis Pineriver, Hopefully with the Warriors getting a TEAM Win vs Lebrons Cavs ,Baron's return sparks the TEAM and Dunleavy shows POP How He is emerging [-o< 109-105 Warriors
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:39 am
the over/under for the game is the the Clippers by 4.

Close game, very very close game.

I cant say the W's win this one, but it wouldnt surprise me at all if they did
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:32 am
The thrashing of the cacs should get the team thinking that they can beat anyone! They owe the Clippers and now is the perfect time to meet them!

Baron has to shut down Cassell and JRich should run riot against Mobley. Dun is a question mark, as always and Murphy is better suited to sitting and Diogu should play alot against the guy he's comapered to. Brand could get in foul trouble if Diogu gets the ball alot down low, which most probably won't happen!

Warriors by 15!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:03 am
Mike d and Jason are going to go off and BD will shut Sam I Am down, and got close to another tripple double, playing in his home town.
Ws -112
CVlips - 100

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:10 pm
Anyone know if they are going to black it out on League Pass again? :(
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:33 pm
pathetic.

wish i put money on this game. 4 point spread. we're going to lose by 12+
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:52 pm
This team is really starting to make me sick! What is wrong with them! Perhaps the best performance of the season last game and follow it with a horrible performance!

Dun back to being inefficient, Murphy still lousy and Baron and JRich get played to even by Cassell and Mobley! Kaman runs riot and Biedrins and Diogu get fukall time again! And one of my favs Pietrus like he never turned up!

All this with Brand not being that good!

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:38 pm
see.. is it more of a coach issue or a player issue? I see flashes of cohesiveness... then this crap...

Tim
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

Return to Game Threads