Amar'e to the Cavs?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:53 am
The Cleveland Cavaliers and Phoenix Suns are closing in on a deal that would send All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire to Cleveland, according to sources with knowledge of the negotiations.

The Cavaliers would send Zydrunas Ilgauskas and J.J. Hickson to Phoenix in exchange for Stoudemire, one of the league's most dominant big men.

While Cleveland remains in talks with several other teams, the club, from management down to the players, has settled on Stoudemire as its first choice.

The ball is in Phoenix's court. The Suns are mulling whether the financial relief provided by Ilgauskas' $12 million contract and the young and talented Hickson are enough for them to part with Stoudemire.

Cleveland believes the addition of Stoudemire would all but seal LeBron James' re-signing with the team when he becomes a free agent this summer. The Cavaliers are also prepared to sign Stoudemire, who has one year and $17 million remaining on his contract, to a long-term contract extension once the season ends.

The Suns would likely waive Ilgauskas, a move that would allow him to be re-signed by Cleveland after 30 days.

Cleveland is also talking with Washington about acquiring Antawn Jamison, as well as Indiana about Troy Murphy. Meanwhile, Golden State is trying to entice the Cavs into taking Corey Maggette for Ilgauskas.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4913305[/quote]
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:04 pm
shvt... gonna have to change their name to the Cleveland SkyscrappingBrickshithouseBulldozers...
Shaq, LeBron, and Amare?
They are just going to runover people...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:07 pm
No first round pick included, what?

Wait, did that last line really say the Warriors were trying to trade Maggette for Ilgauskas? Interesting.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:04 pm
xbay wrote:No first round pick included, what?

Wait, did that last line really say the Warriors were trying to trade Maggette for Ilgauskas? Interesting.

Um, I hope not.
Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:32 pm
Money Morrow wrote:shvt... gonna have to change their name to the Cleveland SkyscrappingBrickshithouseBulldozers...
Shaq, LeBron, and Amare?
They are just going to runover people...

I wasn't very impressed with the Shaq-Amar'e frontcourt back in Phoenix, but then again they didn't have LeBron on their team. He could make up for some of the rebounds Amar'e should be getting.

Any trade reducing the chances of Lakers winning again get my approval...so bravo to Mavs and Cavs! :)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:13 pm
Phoenix is not getting enough back to say the least. Also, Amare might want to leave for a city like Miami, which apparently he said he really liked.

Interesting the result of all this

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:14 pm
I have to say I like it becuase it levels out the unbelievably unfair Laker Grizz trade a few years back (for Pau).

Kobe and Pau vs LeBron and Amare. make it happen cavs
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:04 pm
I HATE LeBron James and I hope this doesn't happen. I hope he retires with no titles.

On the radio they said that the other teams interested in Amare have upped their offers to keep Cleveland from getting him. I honestly find it hard to believe that the Suns are getting their best offer in the form of Big Z and J.J. Hickson? With all the other interested teams...I just have to think that there is a better offer on the table.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:41 pm
I wanted Stoudamire on this team! Why didn't we package a deal involving him for Monta?
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:21 pm
KDubBayArea wrote:I wanted Stoudamire on this team! Why didn't we package a deal involving him for Monta?

Because he doesn't play defense.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:54 pm
TheBodyGuard wrote:
KDubBayArea wrote:I wanted Stoudamire on this team! Why didn't we package a deal involving him for Monta?

He plays, but he'd leave this offseason, thus being a waste of a trade

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:20 am
TheBodyGuard wrote:

Neither does Monta he's purely a one on one scorer and that's it. I feel like we could've got alot for Monta this trade deadline.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:19 am
KDubBayArea wrote:
TheBodyGuard wrote:

Neither does Monta he's purely a one on one scorer and that's it. I feel like we could've got alot for Monta this trade deadline.

So why do you say we could have gotten a lot for Monta but yet say his a one dimensional player?

Return to Trades