Spurs’ patience with Jefferson running low

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:53 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:I'd think the Spurs, a playoff team, would hate the idea of Maggette going to the Rockets, another playoff team.

That's why a straight up trade of Maggette for RJefferson is the way to go

And... just saying, but considering that Jefferson is the worst player in the deal, why not go Maggette for Battier straight up???

Haven't checked, when does Battier's contract end? If, like RJefferson's, it's after next season and he makes at least what Maggette makes (which is some 4-5 million less than RJefferson), then I'd do it, but I'd prefer trading Maggette and filler, like Bell's expirer, for RJefferson and then trade him as an expirer this offseason

One more year than Jefferson's (which means he's an expirer next season) and he's the cheapest of the three, at only a bit over 7 million. And let's remember Battier is the most complete player of the deal... which is basically why Houston would be crazy to go for this deal.

Then I wouldn't go for him, not if he's got two more years left after this season. He would have to come over with a filler for Maggette to make that deal work as well.

I don't think Battier is doing that much right now anyway, not this season. He has been decent and plays his role, but he is nothing major and wouldn't be that valuable on the team that's here I think

lol are you serious? He's the glue that keeps that team together. Ive seen a number of Rockets games this year and he's been huge. Also guards the oppositions best player, night in, night out
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:36 am
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:I'd think the Spurs, a playoff team, would hate the idea of Maggette going to the Rockets, another playoff team.

That's why a straight up trade of Maggette for RJefferson is the way to go

And... just saying, but considering that Jefferson is the worst player in the deal, why not go Maggette for Battier straight up???

Haven't checked, when does Battier's contract end? If, like RJefferson's, it's after next season and he makes at least what Maggette makes (which is some 4-5 million less than RJefferson), then I'd do it, but I'd prefer trading Maggette and filler, like Bell's expirer, for RJefferson and then trade him as an expirer this offseason

One more year than Jefferson's (which means he's an expirer next season) and he's the cheapest of the three, at only a bit over 7 million. And let's remember Battier is the most complete player of the deal... which is basically why Houston would be crazy to go for this deal.

Then I wouldn't go for him, not if he's got two more years left after this season. He would have to come over with a filler for Maggette to make that deal work as well.

I don't think Battier is doing that much right now anyway, not this season. He has been decent and plays his role, but he is nothing major and wouldn't be that valuable on the team that's here I think

lol are you serious? He's the glue that keeps that team together. Ive seen a number of Rockets games this year and he's been huge. Also guards the oppositions best player, night in, night out

He is a glue player for sure, but he is no star, not even in the level of Ariza, Brooks and Scola, who are their main guys and produce more. On the Warriors, he'd be useless, because we don't have the team system to use him the way he has been and don't have the right talent to surround him either

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:40 am
My mistake, Battier contract ends after next year, same as Jefferson's.

But you get twice the player for half the price... :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:29 am
TMC wrote:My mistake, Battier contract ends after next year, same as Jefferson's.

Twice the player? I wouldn't say that. It wasn't long ago at all that RJeff was an allstar caliber player. Battier is good, but I'd rather the huge expirer of RJeff's contract

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:02 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:My mistake, Battier contract ends after next year, same as Jefferson's.

Twice the player? I wouldn't say that. It wasn't long ago at all that RJeff was an allstar caliber player. Battier is good, but I'd rather the huge expirer of RJeff's contract

I think Battier brings so much on the court, really unbelievable, and at the price its a bargain, imagine, you could use the money else where, that is a very important point. Money plays a key role because of the value of Battier, you would have a real solid piece, and left over money could be used else where. I would love Battier on the warriors.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:38 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:
migya wrote:

I think Battier brings so much on the court, really unbelievable, and at the price its a bargain, imagine, you could use the money else where, that is a very important point. Money plays a key role because of the value of Battier, you would have a real solid piece, and left over money could be used else where. I would love Battier on the warriors.

I would like to have Battier on the team IF the team had the appropriate roster for him to flourish, like having two stars, like a star PG and star big for example. As the team is, Battier would be a waste here

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:03 pm
he would be a waste here only becuase we have a coach who has no idea what to do with player like that (much like Turiaf). But otherwise he would be great. He would be one of the few that could show the others that you CAN be valauble by doing more than just scoring.
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:06 am
bada wrote:he would be a waste here only becuase we have a coach who has no idea what to do with player like that (much like Turiaf). But otherwise he would be great. He would be one of the few that could show the others that you CAN be valauble by doing more than just scoring.

Yeah, sometimes I forget about our "system" (so to speak) when talking about trades... :wink:

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:17 pm
LOL like I really feel for the spurs. Pop does not really seem like a great communicater just dictator or dic taster. He is stuck in his old ways and needs dirty players to fit his system. Pop doesnt have dirty low down scum bag thugs like bowen anymore.
Previous

Return to NBA Forum