The Top 10 Players (For a Team Looking To Win)

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:33 am
interstin stat-No one has scored more points in the paint this year than tony parker
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:52 pm
yea, the dude has been absolutely raw this year. a few games ago, he went 11/12 from the field and 8/8 from the charity stripe.

i'd be in a hurry to put the game away too, go home and poke eva.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:31 pm
drfrank wrote:yea, the dude has been absolutely raw this year. a few games ago, he went 11/12 from the field and 8/8 from the charity stripe.

i'd be in a hurry to put the game away too, go home and poke eva.

Parker drives the ball alot and so he should when he isn't really stopped eaisly!

He might start not turning up to the hames just to bang his bich earlier

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:45 am
81 points... anyone wanna keep telling me how bad Kobe Bryant is?

The skills cannot be denied. He lead the Lakers to a win in double-overtime with 81 points. Let me emphasize that: EIGHTY-ONE F*CKING POINTS.

How many players in the history of the league have done that? Wilt and.... who? No, but go ahead... you guys keep telling me players like McGrady, Chauncey Billips, and Allen Iverson are better. :roll:

Anybody trying to fall back on "well, did that help his team win?" can shut the hell up now. The Lakers were victorious because of (and ONLY because of) Bryant. That 3rd place spot suddenly seems too far down the list. I love saying I told you so!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:21 am
#32 wrote:Anybody trying to fall back on "well, did that help his team win?" can shut the hell up now. The Lakers were victorious because of (and ONLY because of) Bryant. That 3rd place spot suddenly seems too far down the list. I love saying I told you so!

Of course he helped his team win, against the craptors...

And I don't care if he averages 50 ppg for the season. His team doesn't have a chance to win it all just because of him. So he's not top ten. If he ever puts down that me, me, me attitude, then he'll be a top ten player, prolly top 5, but not before. I can't say he's a top player when he's the main reason his team doesn't have a chance to go past the second round (and that's if they're lucky and get the right seed in the first).

But he's certainly playing like the clear-cut MVP right now.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:43 am
TMC wrote:Of course he helped his team win, against the craptors...

Hey, a win's a win, man. It all looks the same in the W column.

TMC wrote:And I don't care if he averages 50 ppg for the season. His team doesn't have a chance to win it all just because of him. So he's not top ten. If he ever puts down that me, me, me attitude, then he'll be a top ten player, prolly top 5, but not before. I can't say he's a top player when he's the main reason his team doesn't have a chance to go past the second round (and that's if they're lucky and get the right seed in the first).

The Laker's Dynasty was going to crumble at some point. I admit, Kobe looks like the major heel (since the Lakers chose him over Shaq), but it was only a matter of time before his differences with Shaquille O'Neal drove one of them out of town. It was like the Jeff Kent versus Barry Bonds thing a few years back on the Giants. One of them was going to leave, eventually. Getting Phil Jackson fired wasn't a good thing, but I'm not convinced that Phil helps teams that aren't already championship caliber. We've seen this year (and last) that Phil Jackson is a piss-poor rebuilding coach. As far as championships, he's gold. But for bringing back a damaged squad? Nah, Phil Jackson's not top brass. Regardless of his drama with Shaq and Phil, Kobe Bryant has always done everything he can to help the Lakers win on the floor. He's never pulled a Vince Carter, Shawn Kemp, hold-my-breath, stick-out-my-tongue-until-you-trade-me sort of thing. He's all business when it comes to winning on the floor. His personality clashed with Phil and Shaq, but the Laker's Dynasty was going to fall at some point. They had a good run, but no league-feared team stays together forever. Kobe was the one left behind, so he's blamed for all the drama. I respect his drive to be the Laker's savior. I think it shows he's more than willing to lead a team. The problem isn't that "Kobe can't take a team to the playoffs", like most people are saying. The problem is that NOBODY can take Chris Mihm, Smush Parker, and Luke Walton to the playoffs with only Lamar Odom as help! Kobe Bryant's a bonafide star in the league. Like it or not, he's a living legend and he proved why last night. 81 points isn't something that anyone has done in 40 years. He's a Top 10 player, regardless of his off-the-court drama with Phil and Shaq.

TMC wrote:But he's certainly playing like the clear-cut MVP right now.

I agree. It's his if he wants it this season. If LA gets to the playoffs, there's no reason why anybody else in the league deserves it more. Kobe's been the league's star this season.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to Sports Board