Pietrus is Back

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

After the 19-point against Seattle, should Mickael be starting?

Yes, over Murphy (Foyle, Dunleavy, Pietrus, Richardson, Davis)
6%
Yes, over Dunleavy (Foyle, Murphy, Pietrus, Richardson, Davis)
41%
Yes, over Richardson (Foyle, Murphy, Dunleavy, Pietrus, Davis)
6%
Not yet
41%
Not ever
6%

Total votes : 17

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:22 pm
uptempo wrote:Why was this guy drafted #3 in the draft? Between him and Foyle, we sure wasted a few lottery picks. To think that the Warriors could have drafted either Amare Stoudemire or Tayshaun Prince instead of Dumbwitty and tinFoil instead of Tracy McGrady and Danny Fortson.

For the exact opposite reason most bust are drafted too high. He was (supposedly) a sure product with a high basketball IQ, etc...

Also, it was a pretty weak draft. Amare's been great, but that draft was the year after Kwame Brown, Tyson Chandler and Eddie Curry, so every GM was afraid of wasting a pick drafting the next high school bust. He (Amare) would have been a top 3 pick any other year. Prince was a borderline first round before that draft. Caron Butler was the only other option, and it also looked a bit high for him. That was an awful draft to pick 3rd.

Every team has made draft mistakes, and Foyle is one of another GM. So his drafting is irrelevant at this point. But the contract Mullin gave him is not...

All Star
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:37 pm
TMC wrote:
uptempo wrote:Why was this guy drafted #3 in the draft? Between him and Foyle, we sure wasted a few lottery picks. To think that the Warriors could have drafted either Amare Stoudemire or Tayshaun Prince instead of Dumbwitty and tinFoil instead of Tracy McGrady and Danny Fortson.

For the exact opposite reason most bust are drafted too high. He was (supposedly) a sure product with a high basketball IQ, etc...

Also, it was a pretty weak draft. Amare's been great, but that draft was the year after Kwame Brown, Tyson Chandler and Eddie Curry, so every GM was afraid of wasting a pick drafting the next high school bust. He (Amare) would have been a top 3 pick any other year. Prince was a borderline first round before that draft. Caron Butler was the only other option, and it also looked a bit high for him. That was an awful draft to pick 3rd.

Every team has made draft mistakes, and Foyle is one of another GM. So his drafting is irrelevant at this point. But the contract Mullin gave him is not...

Good analysis and perspective. Thank you.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:54 am
TMC wrote:
uptempo wrote:I bet the answer will be etc., but please give me more on how to utilize Dumbwitty.

Yeah, it's etc. He'd be best carrying the towels, bringing ice cream for Foyle, etc...

But, if it has to be on the court, from the bench. As a 3. Cutting his minutes if he sucks on any specific game.

HAHAHAHAHA The icecream for Foyle!

Pretty right though!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:17 pm
uptempo wrote:If Monty won't bench him (even with a clearly better player waiting to step up and play (Air France), how should he, Dungpile, be better utilized?
Point Forward?
Wing hitting cutters?
Spot up shooter?
Away from the ball mover?
etc.?

I bet the answer will be etc., but please give me more on how to utilize Dumbwitty.

I'd say a little bit of everything, to be honest (except away from the ball mover because he's not athletic enough). Dunleavy has the handles to play point forward every 5-10 plays or so, he has the vision to hit the cutters on the baseline or wings, and his jumper (when he's on) is best in a catch-and-shoot situation. He's a versatile offensive threat. Go with what works game-to-game, I'd say (even if it included sitting him when he's cold).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:21 am
#32 wrote:I'd say a little bit of everything, to be honest (except away from the ball mover because he's not athletic enough). Dunleavy has the handles to play point forward every 5-10 plays or so, he has the vision to hit the cutters on the baseline or wings, and his jumper (when he's on) is best in a catch-and-shoot situation. He's a versatile offensive threat. Go with what works game-to-game, I'd say (even if it included sitting him when he's cold).

Fair analysis. I somewhat agree but as point forward - Only if he is really passing well and handling well as opposition PGs can tear him up!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:11 am
Yeah, I assumed that the opposing SF would guard him (I dunno how many teams would create a slower mismatch with Baron Davis, who drives easy against bigger players).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball