Game Thread: Warriors @ Dallas Mavericks 2010-02-03

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Can the Warriors escape Texas with a win?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:52 pm

25%
YES
2
75%
NO
6

Total votes: 8


All Star
Posts: 1189
» Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:52 pm
Golden State Warriors (13 - 34) @ Dallas Mavericks (30 - 18)

Start time: 5:30 PM PST @ The American Airlines Center
Local TV: CSN Bay Area

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Andris Biedrins
PF - Anthony Tolliver
SF - Corey Maggette
SG - Monta Ellis
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the Dallas Mavericks:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Erick Dampier
PF - Dirk Nowitzki
SF - Shawn Marion
SG - Jason Terry
PG - Jason Kidd

Team leaders:
PPG - M. Ellis (25.8) | D. Nowitzki (25.2)
RPG - A. Biedrins (7.5) | E. Dampier (8.3)
APG - C. Karl (6.0) | J. Kidd (9.2)
SPG - M. Ellis (2.2) | J. Kidd (1.7)
BPG - A. Randolph (1.5) | E. Dampier (1.5)
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1087
» Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:22 pm
Image = Image
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:03 pm
My last game watching from the Bay. :cry:

Rookie
Posts: 13
» Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:45 pm
128-101 Dallas
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 419
» Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:18 pm
I think they could do it, considering it is dallas and we love to beat dallas :)
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:23 pm
LOL............does anyone even bother to watch games anymore? :mrgreen:

Monta just made a floater from behind the basket, plus the foul...........like the one Beli got last year.

Man that Devean George was worth the trade for Beli huh? I know Id rather have a guy who looks like a 60 year old playing in the NBA, than a young, flashy, game changing kid earning the same salary and expiring at the same time. :roll:

Sorry, I know its been said over and over...........but these things still haunt me after all these instances over all these years.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:57 pm
I cant watch this utter sh*t anymore.

Sorry Monta, even an unbelievable offensive night of 46 on 17-22...........I still cannot enjoy a game where its just so f*cking easy for the other team to score and rebound.

My last game in The Bay, is going to be my last game of the season I think...........unless I know something good has happend after the fact, and Ill download it............but even then, what good does it do?

Jesus, never have we been in an all round horrible state.

Rookie
Posts: 149
» Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:03 pm
Monta was god :D , but foul trouble once again keeps him from 50. His threes were daggers, his two's were tens in degree of difficulty. Maggs and Curry way too subpar. Too much sloppy play and too many turnovers from role players. :banghead: George is a complete waste, and cost us any opportunity to complete the comeback - hell, Coby Karl would have been a better option down the stretch (though on the atdhe feed he looks way too much like Dunleavy :shock:).

Basically, about what we've come to expect from our Dubs, once again. Glad I only could watch the 2nd half, and damn I missed Veetle tonight.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21963
» Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:08 pm
Perfect time to trade Monta. Heck, might even get Paul for Monta straight up
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1530
» Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:13 pm
migya wrote:Perfect time to trade Monta. Heck, might even get Paul for Monta straight up


I like it!

Rookie
Posts: 149
» Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:26 pm
Migya wrote:
Perfect time to trade Monta. Heck, might even get Paul for Monta straight up

Selling point: such a trade might even help the Hornets playoff chances this season, with Paul being out.

But, even though I proposed a trade of Paul for Ellis+, I still go back to the rookie/soph game with Paul tossing up alley-oops to Ellis like they'd been teammates their entire lives and think, what if...?* (so, why not Randolph, Curry, #1 pick and expirers for Paul, if you're the Hornets and things are really as bad as we hear)

(*obviously, that was a no-D exhibition game, but those guys were like bros out there)
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:51 pm
AV Dawn wrote:Migya wrote:
Perfect time to trade Monta. Heck, might even get Paul for Monta straight up

Selling point: such a trade might even help the Hornets playoff chances this season, with Paul being out.

But, even though I proposed a trade of Paul for Ellis+, I still go back to the rookie/soph game with Paul tossing up alley-oops to Ellis like they'd been teammates their entire lives and think, what if...?* (so, why not Randolph, Curry, #1 pick and expirers for Paul, if you're the Hornets and things are really as bad as we hear)

(*obviously, that was a no-D exhibition game, but those guys were like bros out there)


Not that I think either happen, but you are saying you would rather trade Randolph, Curry, our #1 pick, and expirers for Paul, then to just trade Monta for Paul? :scratch:

Rookie
Posts: 149
» Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:00 pm
Bada Wrote:

Not that I think either happen, but you are saying you would rather trade Randolph, Curry, our #1 pick, and expirers for Paul, then to just trade Monta for Paul?


I thought we were just joking about trading Ellis for Paul straight up.
Of course Randolph, Curry, #1 pick > Ellis.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:01 pm
AV Dawn wrote:Bada Wrote:

Not that I think either happen, but you are saying you would rather trade Randolph, Curry, our #1 pick, and expirers for Paul, then to just trade Monta for Paul?


I thought we were just joking about trading Ellis for Paul straight up.
Of course Randolph, Curry, #1 pick > Ellis.


Yeah, I think it is crazy to think we could trade Ellis straight up for Paul.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21963
» Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:44 pm
bada wrote:
AV Dawn wrote:Bada Wrote:

Not that I think either happen, but you are saying you would rather trade Randolph, Curry, our #1 pick, and expirers for Paul, then to just trade Monta for Paul?


I thought we were just joking about trading Ellis for Paul straight up.
Of course Randolph, Curry, #1 pick > Ellis.


Yeah, I think it is crazy to think we could trade Ellis straight up for Paul.



It sounds less crazy by the day though.

I also think that trade of AR, Curry and our lottery pick for Paul is too much, though a good point that Paul and Monta played pretty well together a few years ago in the Rookie/Soph game. Thing is, Monta is not a good defender, though he's had his defensive moments this season. He is no Dumars defensively, though the same height.

Monta and Morrow or some other bench player for Paul. That's really not a steal at all from a talent and production view point

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest