Putting it all together

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:20 pm
Chum wrote:Migya, I think for Paul to be on board with a trade to the Warriors he'd want to know that Curry will be remaining with the Warriors. They are buddies. This doesn't mean we couldn't do it, but we should probably wait awhile to piss off the best PG in the league after we land him :)

I think with a Paul/Curry backcourt you could stack the other three positions with defenders/rebounders, and still get enough points out of them from putbacks and them being 3rd/4th/5th options for scoring.

Can't see Curry as a SG and he'd have to be alongside Paul, who is a PG and that's it. Buddies or not, personally I don't care about that and neither should any player. Paul is locked into his contract, making him safe to obtain and keep, at least for a while. Curry would have to go either in a trade for Paul or some other trade, because he is too good to be the backup PG

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:06 pm
migya wrote:
Chum wrote:Migya, I think for Paul to be on board with a trade to the Warriors he'd want to know that Curry will be remaining with the Warriors. They are buddies. This doesn't mean we couldn't do it, but we should probably wait awhile to piss off the best PG in the league after we land him :)

I think with a Paul/Curry backcourt you could stack the other three positions with defenders/rebounders, and still get enough points out of them from putbacks and them being 3rd/4th/5th options for scoring.

Can't see Curry as a SG and he'd have to be alongside Paul, who is a PG and that's it. Buddies or not, personally I don't care about that and neither should any player. Paul is locked into his contract, making him safe to obtain and keep, at least for a while. Curry would have to go either in a trade for Paul or some other trade, because he is too good to be the backup PG

Why couldn't Curry play shooting guard? He used to, and he's an amazing shot. With Paul dishing Curry would have a lot of opon opportunities at the 3 point line.

You are right that players shouldn't care about where there buddies play, but they do. Free agents go whereever they go for all sorts of reasons, including that their buddy plays somewhere. If we were to trade for Paul it would be good if he actually wanted to come to the Warriors. I think if Curry was gone he wouldn't want to.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:53 pm
Chum wrote:
migya wrote:

Why couldn't Curry play shooting guard? He used to, and he's an amazing shot. With Paul dishing Curry would have a lot of opon opportunities at the 3 point line.

You are right that players shouldn't care about where there buddies play, but they do. Free agents go whereever they go for all sorts of reasons, including that their buddy plays somewhere. If we were to trade for Paul it would be good if he actually wanted to come to the Warriors. I think if Curry was gone he wouldn't want to.

Paul wants to win more than anything else. He tasted winning a couple of years ago when the Hornets were one of the West's best teams and got beaten by the Spurs in the playoffs and hasn't won as much since. If the team has a top 3 pick and can get another very good player to add to the roster, more than likely would have to be through trade, Paul would have a better chance of winning here than if just Curry stayed and was alongside him.

The Hornets would want Monta for sure and maybe adding a player like Morrow or Azu would not be enough, so maybe Curry would have to go with Monya and I don't think that's giving too much, definately giving alot, but Paul is a level above both Monta and Curry and what makes him so special is that he makes others better

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Trades