The NBA's Terrell Owens

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:26 pm
ummmmm artest is selfish, thats why he asked to be traded. he said he wanted more shots so he could score more and get a huge joe johnson type of contract. hes selfish because he asks for time off during the season to produce a rap album. hes selfish because he betrayed larry bird after larry legend stuck up for him, by going to the MEDIA instead of the team when he wanted a trade.

and artest said he never went to anger management (sports illustrated oct 24th nba preview issue)

i urge everyone to go back and read that artest/bird article knowing what we know now
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:01 am
Read the date on the article, bro. This was written WAY before Artest demanded a trade. Aside from the rap album thing, all the other examples of his selfishness are now null and void because they weren't present while I wrote this paper.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:16 am
lobsterman wrote:ummmmm artest is selfish, thats why he asked to be traded. he said he wanted more shots so he could score more and get a huge joe johnson type of contract. hes selfish because he asks for time off during the season to produce a rap album. hes selfish because he betrayed larry bird after larry legend stuck up for him, by going to the MEDIA instead of the team when he wanted a trade.

In fact, Artest never demanded a trade to begin with. He said he would welcome a trade if Carlisle was going to keep that offense. That's not demanding a trade, but a new offensive system. And the team decided to stick by their coach. That's when it became a trade demand.

And I, somewhat, agree with Artest. Carlisle offense is just awful to watch. And not very effective. Indy has players to be a much better offensive team. That said, Carlisle is a wonderful defensive coach.

Anyway, back on topic, Artest wanted more touches in the offense and, even if I agree it would have been positive for the team, it may sound selfish (because, in a way, it is).
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:47 am
It's not as selfish as running 2 future hall-of-famers out of LA simply because you want a piece of the limelight...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to Sports Board