Sneakers - The Thread

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:31 am
not sure if this thread will get much run but I'm curious to know if anyone here is into sneakers. I'm a collector of things by nature it seems (Tattoos, books, oh and I have probably 10, 000 or so records) but in the last few years my love for all things sneakers has really returned with a vengeance. Love it and them

anyone?
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:30 am
Quazza wrote:not sure if this thread will get much run but I'm curious to know if anyone here is into sneakers. I'm a collector of things by nature it seems (Tattoos, books, oh and I have probably 10, 000 or so records) but in the last few years my love for all things sneakers has really returned with a vengeance. Love it and them

anyone?

Sneakers... Sorry cuz, dont mean to hate.. but that's such a Faggy Term.

I like the terminology KICKZ!!!

But yeah bro i got a fetish collection, i mean i probably have over 30 pairs of shoes (mostly runners and hightops) ... I can tell you most makes and models, but unlike a true "SneakerFreak" i don't keep them in boxes and i make sure i wear em.

Not like my friend... One to Cop, One to Rock (he buys 2 pairs, wears a pair and preserves a pair)
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:57 am
sneakers, kicks, lol semantics

see i buy em to wear em. Prolly only got a couple of pairs unworn and thats cos ive got them already in good worn condition

what are some of ya faves P?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:05 am
Quazza wrote:sneakers, kicks, lol semantics

see i buy em to wear em. Prolly only got a couple of pairs unworn and thats cos ive got them already in good worn condition

what are some of ya faves P?

Well Firstly.. i have given up on all pairs of AirMAXS.. i must of owned 3 pairs (2 of em 360) and all 3 pairs had the air bubbles pop within 6-12 months ... one of them popped on concrete... so whilst the technology might look fresh, there's no way i'd ever buy em again.. just from bad experience.

Joggers Runners - Well you can't go past Asics Kayano... They're the best running shoe on the planet, I like most of there colourways as SILVER is easily my favourite colour and they usually blend in some nice Fluro secondary colours on them and they just dont breakdown like your Nikes and Adidas if your a focused Jogger.

In terms of basketball shoes

JORDAN III's :D :D :D :D

I dont like the above colourway, but im a big fan on this shoe in a white primary with black and red secondary!!! this must be the most stylish basketball shoe i have ever seen and the good thing is it's like a bottle of RED WINE (it only gets better with age)

Also im a big TIMBERLAND boots fan... only cause that Gold/Wheat Colour always looks fresh with Jeans and Tshirts!!! :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:10 am
strange on the maxes. Ive got a number of pairs (BW Persians, Ultramarine 180s, the new 2009's etc) and have never had any pop. lol I'm a pretty big guy too

Nice call on the 3's. A classic. My all time fave has to be the 5s. Love em. Have a pair on the way in fact:)
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:11 pm
Quazza wrote:strange on the maxes. Ive got a number of pairs (BW Persians, Ultramarine 180s, the new 2009's etc) and have never had any pop. lol I'm a pretty big guy too

Nice call on the 3's. A classic. My all time fave has to be the 5s. Love em. Have a pair on the way in fact:)

Its hard to beat the Jordan 3-5s . They arent great anymore to ball in, but they are sick kicks. If Im just gonna go out and shoot around or play alittle pickup ball, I usually strap on my flight 89s. I also just got acouple pairs of the Jumpman 45s, they look a lot like the Jordan 3s.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:16 pm
I stopped collecting like 2 years ago, I haven't bought any shoes in a while, last shoes that were new to me were bought for me, and that was like last summer, I used to buy a new pair like every month. From Jordans to Nikes to Vans.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:24 pm
Pworld wrote:I stopped collecting like 2 years ago, I haven't bought any shoes in a while, last shoes that were new to me were bought for me, and that was like last summer, I used to buy a new pair like every month. From Jordans to Nikes to Vans.

yer its certainly an addiction. Bought 2 pairs last month. Juggling that with on going tattoo costs is tough lol

lucky i have a very patient girl:)
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:15 pm
Not into "sneakers" or whatever you guys want to call them.

Used to be when I played ball of course, Ive still got my old Jordans that are now worth about $300 now.

Just wanted to say that whilst Ive been out here, I DESPERATELY wanted a new pair a trainers..........especially cuz of all the walking weve been doing.

So I went into a top store and asked the guy what are the best shoes for walking and standing alot, and he gave me these =

Nike Lunar Glide+

And my F'ing god...........they are the most comfortable shoes Ive EVER had, and I had to go with Warrior orange aswell of course. :wink:

Anyway, thats me done for trainers for the next year or so..........hopefully.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:23 am
bigstrads wrote:Not into "sneakers" or whatever you guys want to call them.

Used to be when I played ball of course, Ive still got my old Jordans that are now worth about $300 now.

Just wanted to say that whilst Ive been out here, I DESPERATELY wanted a new pair a trainers..........especially cuz of all the walking weve been doing.

So I went into a top store and asked the guy what are the best shoes for walking and standing alot, and he gave me these =

Nike Lunar Glide+

And my F'ing god...........they are the most comfortable shoes Ive EVER had, and I had to go with Warrior orange aswell of course. :wink:

To be honest, I'm the same. I used to play alot of basketball back in high school and would need a new pair of shoes about every year and a half. Now, well I've had the same pair for about a year and before then, had a pair for TEN YEARS! I wear boots more than anything else when I go out. Not work boots but the going out kind

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:24 am
bigstrads wrote:Not into "sneakers" or whatever you guys want to call them.

Nike Lunar Glide+

Hehe last trip i went onto america i bought the same pair bro.

mine were black and grey though ...

spooky!!!
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:33 am
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:35 am
impressive man. Those 5's bottom left are the exact ones i have on the way

I've never seen pink nike boxes before

(if they aren't pink, my bad-legally colour-blind)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:06 am
If there's one thing I would of loved doing would be collecting shoes. But I always saved my money on other things, rather than going all out on the shoes and brand clothing. The Nike dunks and J's would of been the sneakers I would of collected, though.

In my closet, I got a pair of Melo's, Reebok Pumps, Air Forces, Nike Shox, Nike Hi-tops... hella stuff that's either worn out or I use for basketball. I always use my Adidas low tops though.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:05 am
TheBodyGuard wrote:Image

I had them fire red 5's and 3's you got there, but I ended up selling them.. I did rock them though belee that :)
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum