WE GOT KOBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:45 am
Koby Karl that is...

Just signed a 10 day contract. I guess this is the end of the Cartier Martin era.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_ ... n-a-10-day

Role Player
» Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:33 am
A downgrade from a garbage player... We are sure going places :roll:

Franchise Player
» Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:44 am
Thank god Cartier is going............Karl isnt going to be any upgrade...........but man, I just couldnt watch that Cartier puss out there any more.

Starting Lineup
» Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:22 pm
Finals here we come

Starting Lineup
» Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:29 pm
Cool! I like Coby Karl. This boy can shoot lights out. He can also handle the ball and can board. When he was with the Lakers, I thought it would be great if we could pick him up for development.

And since George Karl will likely bolt, maybe he can replace Nelson at the end of the season.

All Star
» Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:08 pm
George Karl is also pretty terrible as a coach. Remember the site firegeorgekarl.com?

» Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:33 pm
saintdee wrote:George Karl is also pretty terrible as a coach. Remember the site firegeorgekarl.com?

Seattle had astronomical winning percentages when he was there... he made Milwaukee be over .500 every season he was there. And denver has always been a winner since he was there (remember how he got to denver midseason.he made an underachieving under .500 squad to the playoffs by winning 32 of the last 40 games).... he made perennial losers become annual contenders.

In 21 seasons of coaching, he's only had 3 losing seasons (all on his first four seasons). That means, he's had 17 consecutive seasons without his team under .500. In my opinion, that's pretty good.

So Saintdee, with that said, why is he terrible?

Hall of Famer
» Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:51 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
saintdee wrote:George Karl is also pretty terrible as a coach. Remember the site firegeorgekarl.com?

Seattle had astronomical winning percentages when he was there... he made Milwaukee be over .500 every season he was there. And denver has always been a winner since he was there (remember how he got to denver midseason.he made an underachieving under .500 squad to the playoffs by winning 32 of the last 40 games).... he made perennial losers become annual contenders.

In 21 seasons of coaching, he's only had 3 losing seasons (all on his first four seasons). That means, he's had 17 consecutive seasons without his team under .500. In my opinion, that's pretty good.

So Saintdee, with that said, why is he terrible?

Totally agree. Karl is a proven successful coach. He knows how to use talent and to the fullest, as his coaching career has shown. I'd rather Avery, just because I liked very much what he brought to the Mavs when he took over, but Karl would be the safer bet, as he's had many years of success.

The team as it is, Karl would make it work, maybe ask for one change and that being AB gone for another Center, one that is bigger and stronger

Franchise Player
» Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:13 am
Karl does play a similar, high octane offense to Nelson.............but it works! and he does mix in defense, with players that can actually play defense.

I dont think there is a coach out there that is as comparable to Nelson as Karl is (still a long way off though).............the difference is that Karl also wins in the playoffs! Finals with Sonics, losing to the greatest team ever............and has had some good runs with the Nuggies.

Whatever, anything would an upgrade over Nelson.

Starting Lineup
» Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:01 am
Saintdee, you’ve got to be kidding. Karl is about as proven as you’re going to get not named Jackson, Popovich, Riley, or Sloan. In addition to what Mr. Crackerz, Migya, and Bigs already mentioned, yeah, he only made the Conference Finals last year, losing only to the eventual champs, the Lakers.
Yeah, he’s a pretty terrible coach.

All Star
» Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:46 am
lets see how the kid goes I guess. Not that it means sht, but he's averaged 27.5 points a game in his last 5 D League games

I'd sign him long term if it meant bringing his dad here though lol

Rookie
» Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:55 am
How much is the 10-day contract is worth???

Role Player
» Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:13 pm
tmle04 wrote:How much is the 10-day contract is worth???

Probably like around 15 grand.

Franchise Player
» Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:34 pm
I cant really say why but I quite like Koby Karl, watching him for the first time right now.

Kid is just tough and makes plays for others, and himself.

Also, I like the fact that the rest of team seems to like him and cheer when he does something...........any chemistry is good right now.

So glad we ditched Cartier.

Starting Lineup
» Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:01 am
Yeah, I think he’s a very good prospect with high bball IQ. He’s passing well and moving well without the ball and knows where he’s supposed to be.
Also, he battled cancer twice already, so I can't help but root for him that much more. I just want to see him get in a groove and gets that outside shot going.