Maggette for...

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:42 pm
If only Maggette was good. Then we could trade him for something besides another horrible contract.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:43 pm
The problem with Magette is that he is not a "pillar' of the team type of player. He is an off the bench scoring and foul magnet that does a great job doing that! He is being asked to do too much for what he brings to the table.
That being said, in many ways he's rising to the challenge with some aggressive play, given what he has to work with, but inevitably he will fall short because he is just not that type of player. He's a good support player.
While I was never a fan of his contract, I'm just glad that his attitude hasn't gone south and that he is trying to make something out of nothing.
Cory "at least he's trying" Magette... lmao...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:16 pm
Gotta agree with that. Maggette has been playing his socks off. Him and Monta need the other players to help them out.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:49 am
BOOZER for Maggette, Wright, & Morrow

Curry / Ellis / A. Randolph or Azubuike / Boozer / Biedrins

...and boom goes the dynamite =D>

curry with a side of beans and a glass of booze

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:09 am
rockyBeli wrote:BOOZER for Maggette, Wright, & Morrow

Curry / Ellis / A. Randolph or Azubuike / Boozer / Biedrins

...and boom goes the dynamite =D>

curry with a side of beans and a glass of booze

Even if you like Boozer, we'd have to resign him or we'd just be giving away at least Wright and Morrow. Boozer goes where the money is, ask Cleveland.
I know you could make a case of getting Boozer as an expirer. But are we really in an excellent position to compete in the 2010 FA market? Crazier things have happened but I myself don't really think so.
War Years
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:54 am
Boozer is good, but will start complaining if he doesn't get paid enough.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:34 pm
TheBodyGuard wrote:Boozer is good, but will start complaining if he doesn't get paid enough.

or will just get "injured"

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:51 pm
Boozer is lame and Morrow is not going ANYWHERE.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:20 am
Tarantism wrote:Boozer is lame and Morrow is not going ANYWHERE.

Boozer is playing like an all star... and I'm sure it has nothing to do with this being a contract year, of course. :wink:

I'd be more than willing to trade for him if we do it to shed some salary, but that's about it.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:37 pm
http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/63929/20100109/maggettes_value_is_increasing/

Warriors forward Corey Maggette has been on fire since the start of December and other teams have taken notice.

Maggette entered Friday's game averaging 20.6 points on 55.1% shooting since the beginning of last month.

His contract has three years and $30 million left on it, but a couple of league executives told the Oakland Tribune that his value is on the rise.

Golden State might be able to sweeten any possible deal with some of the more than $10 million worth of expiring contracts they have as well.

=P~
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:59 am
fine wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/63929/20100109/maggettes_value_is_increasing/

Warriors forward Corey Maggette has been on fire since the start of December and other teams have taken notice.

Maggette entered Friday's game averaging 20.6 points on 55.1% shooting since the beginning of last month.

His contract has three years and $30 million left on it, but a couple of league executives told the Oakland Tribune that his value is on the rise.

Golden State might be able to sweeten any possible deal with some of the more than $10 million worth of expiring contracts they have as well.

=P~

Maggette's value is also at an alltime high, at least since being here, and now would be the best time to trade him as well. I'd rather trade him in a deal, alone or in a package, for a great player, such as Paul, Amare, Bosh etc, but wouldn't be opposed to trading him for TMac's expirer. Something like Maggette and Radman, add filler, for TMac would be a good deal

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:35 am
This would be a lose-lose situation for both teams.
Previous

Return to Trades