Game Thread: New Orleans Hornets @ Warriors 2010-02-27

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors bounce back against the Hornets?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:14 pm

YES
40%
NO
60%

Total votes : 10

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:00 pm
All I gotta say is all these fourth quarter comebacks ain't exactly comebacks when the other team rests their starters and can just bring 'em back in to slam the door when the Dubs' starters start beating up on the other team's second team.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:06 pm
Tarantism wrote:what was the crowd chanting at the end of the game? I couldn't quite make it out, though I know it ended with "Sucks". Hopefully it started with "Cohan" or "Nelson".

It was "Refs, you suck"...........after a few bad calls.

No Longer StuckInSoCal wrote:All I gotta say is all these fourth quarter comebacks ain't exactly comebacks when the other team rests their starters and can just bring 'em back in to slam the door when the Dubs' starters start beating up on the other team's second team.

Yeah, and not when you start the come back after playing D-Leaguers until your down 27, then decide it might a good idea to bring some actual players in at the 6 minute mark.

TheBodyGuard wrote:What happened to Maggette?

Dont know what happend to Maggette............he didnt play the whole 4th and I didnt hear anyone say anything about it.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:41 am
bigstrads wrote:
Pworld wrote:I hate all these D-Leaguers we called up this season besides Hunter with a passion... :banghead: :banghead:

Me too man...........Cartier drives me nuts!!! most selfish player ever...........and of course, Tolliver, we HAD to call up a "big man" whos sole offensive threat is 3 point shooting. :roll:

I would of loved if the warriors signed McCants to some 10 day contracts instead of Cartier Martin.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:53 am
somewhat very random game.
as for the fourth quarter. nelson might as well thought to try play the bench against bench while most probably thinking that it gives them a chance to make a run without chis paul on the floor, who was killing any warrior whatever way he liked. so, keeping reverses in meant keeping paul of the floor and taking a calculated risk, which initially worked and warriors cut it down to 15 with around 10 minutes to go. nelson continued keeping reserves in, hornets brought david west back. warriors got outplayed in that couple of minutes stretch badly and nelson brought monta back WHICH resulted, warriors were lucky that hornets still played the score and only brought paul back when we cut it to 15. again, with paul back hornets sustainded the lead as they were doing all three quarters.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:33 am
Pworld wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
Pworld wrote:I hate all these D-Leaguers we called up this season besides Hunter with a passion... :banghead: :banghead:

Me too man...........Cartier drives me nuts!!! most selfish player ever...........and of course, Tolliver, we HAD to call up a "big man" whos sole offensive threat is 3 point shooting. :roll:

I would of loved if the warriors signed McCants to some 10 day contracts instead of Cartier Martin.

Is he out there??? Man.........I didnt realise he was on the table like that.

Jesus, atleast hes got some NBA pedigree............weird, cuz he is more of a proven scorer and 3 point shooter than Cartier obviously.

Weird for the Warrior to show some loyalty at all, especially when its based on summer league play.

Do I remember Cartier looking like a decent defensive player in the summer league? havnt seen that at all...........all I see is a young Maggette but worse, cuz he doesnt really get anything done.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:42 am
He's pretty good defensively, but he sucks in the offensive end. He forces up a lot of shots and seldom passes the ball.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:44 am
bigstrads wrote:
Pworld wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

Is he out there??? Man.........I didnt realise he was on the table like that.

Jesus, atleast hes got some NBA pedigree............weird, cuz he is more of a proven scorer and 3 point shooter than Cartier obviously.

Weird for the Warrior to show some loyalty at all, especially when its based on summer league play.

Do I remember Cartier looking like a decent defensive player in the summer league? havnt seen that at all...........all I see is a young Maggette but worse, cuz he doesnt really get anything done.

Yeah McCants is a free agent and would probably fit Nellie's style of play as well.
Previous

Return to Game Threads