Let's just get Bosh already

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:19 am
Toronto won't be able to resign him (Canada's tax rate and the country itself being the reason) and no playoff team can offer them as much talent as we can. He's obviously a way better option for us than Amare. He's younger, cooler, better rebounder, more range, just better.

So basically it comes down to we'll have to take the risk that he won't resign here. But I think he will resign here. We'll be able to offer him a max deal and our team would be instant playoff team with him here. We won't be able to get the guaranteed extension, we'll have to wait until the offseason but that's ok.

Biedrins and Maggette for Bosh works. I know it sounds like a bad trade for them, but the length of the contracts might actually be appealing to them since they can't lure free agents. Goose fits into their Eurotrash mold and Maggette replaces most of Bosh's scoring.

Another option is to trade our draft pick with Biedrins and say Claxton for Bosh and I'd do this one too.

Bosh would be so sick on this team. We could spread the floor and not give up any rebounding, something that we haven't ever been able to do. Him, Turiaf, and Randolph could play long stretches of minutes together with Monta and Steph. Or he could play alongside Randolph with Morrow at the 3. We'd have to overpay but it would be worth it to have him play alongside Monta, Steph and Randolph. The Don doesn't like playing centers much anyway, this way we get the perks of small ball without the drawbacks. AR would get way better just being able to focus on defense, rebounding, and cleaning up the junk.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:23 am
For a star, you don't take the risk in getting him and then he leaves after that season. Bosh won't stay here, he'll go to the teams he has been set to like, I heard New Yourk and Miami. You don't give up alot of talent for the risk of getting a star and he possibly leave after a few months, which is the situation we're in right now.

Bosh will likely go and join Wade in Miami or go to New York if either Lebron or Wade signs there

migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:27 am
I really can't see a circumstance by which either Amare or Bosh would extend with us. You have to keep in mind, if they did take a chance and traded for Bosh and he did walk, The fanbase would be all over them. Particularly after the gutting of our team in the last year and a half.
But I do think Bosh is better, has a better attitude and would just fit in with our team better than Amare.
War Years
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:56 am
War Years wrote:But I do think Bosh is better, has a better attitude and would just fit in with our team better than Amare.

Me too. I'm not that impressed with Amare, and think he'd only be a nice player unless he's surrounded with the proper talent (and with that I mean that he looks much more dominant because he has a top PG that makes him look much better than he really is).

I do like Bosh a lot more... but I still can't think of a reason for him to extend his contract with us. In fact, I'm not so sure that he's gonna leave the Raptors. He'll test free agency, sure... but that doesn't mean he's leaving Toronto. Not with certainty, at least.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:01 am
i dunno, i see the warriors trading for amare or bosh AND not wanting the extension. Multiple sources believe the warriors are on the brink of a fire sale, and trading for expirers would be the thing to do if they were doing this.

This team needs a complete makeover, and getting rid of its big contracts would be the way to go, even if it means getting a loan like amare and letting him walk (if it means saying gooodbye to maggs, than i am all for it)

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:26 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:i dunno, i see the warriors trading for amare or bosh AND not wanting the extension. Multiple sources believe the warriors are on the brink of a fire sale, and trading for expirers would be the thing to do if they were doing this.

This team needs a complete makeover, and getting rid of its big contracts would be the way to go, even if it means getting a loan like amare and letting him walk (if it means saying gooodbye to maggs, than i am all for it)

I know Ric Bucher's twittering about that. He's the one who wants to be the first to break the story that Cohan is selling the franchise, which would be great news! Of course, many other franchises are way more overextended than us.
War Years
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:09 am
Larry Ellison would be a good reason why Bosh should extend. I can't think of a better owner: the guy HATES to lose.

Besides, what's really not to like about the Dubs besides management. Great facilities, great fanbase, great young nucleus. Adding Bosh to this team and only subtracting Goose and Maggs would make this a playoff team and then some.

Return to Trades