Game Thread: Warriors @ Phoenix Suns 2010-01-23

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors make Nelson the Coach with the most wins in NBA history this season?

Poll ended at Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:17 am

YES
88%
NO
13%

Total votes : 8

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:46 pm
martin wrote:
bada wrote:Nelson's "system" is PERFECT for these under skilled, non experienced players.

Think about it.... no real set offense, no emphasis on fundamentals, no accountability for bad shots, dont need to worry about playing defense, and does not matter if you cant rebound.

His system is made for these players which is why I will repeat:

Nobody does more with less, and nobody does less with more

it's a complete contradiction, if first part was true, there would be nopCHANCE of second happening. you can't win with unskilled, no-offense and defense plays against more skilled, better offensive and defensive teams. unles you say that half of nba a re unskilled, out of offense/defense teams. especially those teams that nelson beat in his better days with pretty good roster.

so, or a) you're very wrong or b) you count on miracles.

and we didn't!

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:00 am
Another monster game by Beans, 2 points in 24 minutes.

This game was winnable, the Suns were shooting cold no rhythm, Tolliver played better than Amare.

Why the warriors lost, oh yeah their back-up PG Dragic goes for 18 in the 4th damn. Let the blame game begin !! :mrgreen:

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:27 am
terrific game. with basketball fit for unskilled players, with no offensive plays, no defense we took it to the wire against team with two all-stars with tremendous offense and defense. oh, wait, something is not right there. well, bada knows what. :mrgreen:
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:45 am
martin wrote:terrific game. with basketball fit for unskilled players, with no offensive plays, no defense we took it to the wire against team with two all-stars with tremendous offense and defense. oh, wait, something is not right there. well, bada knows what. :mrgreen:

what is not the truth?

Unskilled players: ok, maybe not completely unskilled but this was in comment to playing so many d-leaguers. you honestly think these guys are on the same talent level?

No offensive plays: There are enough player quotes and quotes from Nelson himself that he rarely calls offensive sets, rather he just gives a base structure of an offense but the players are free to do what they want under that offense

no defense: cant be argued. we have been and ARE a terrible defensive team.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:56 am
if nelson system is suited for worse talent in which they can play good, what the **** is wrong with the system? how could worse talent succeed in a system that would require more talent to win (system that is based on general basketball knowledge and skills, free system)?!!!! it's completely outlandish illogical statement.

bad system
bad players
should equal total suckage

which is not the case.
ergo, your statement is fallacious on logical grounds.

as for empirism you bring out.
well, i, with unqualified basketball mind can see at least four plays nelson designs every now and then.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:04 am
Nelson thrives on being the underground and his "gimickery" most of the times gets more out of lesser talented teams. I bet there are very few coaches in the league that would have this team playing as competitive as it is with this many injuries as Nelson is.

However when given a talented roster, his teams underachieve.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:51 am
Nellie kills himself in his attempt to be genuis. He just recently figured out Maggs best position is @ SF, no really, that type of common sense should be a given. That's the problem fans and observers have been clamoring about mostly, Maggs @ the 4, small ball in general has been his downfall, blame the roster this or that but blame falls on Nellie because when he did have big bodies he did not use them.

Fast forward to now, he has little choice, the injuries are plenty, the good thing is no midget d-leaguers were brought up.

On another note the Suns disappointed, talk about Nellie not running plays, all I saw from the Suns was dribbling dribbling from Nash, no set plays. There roster beyond Nash and Amare has too many holes, I honestly doubt they make play-offs.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:24 am
what I see happening is:

Nelson is coaching more because he feels he has to. The D leaguers need direction and he has written some good inbounds plays, and you see them run some good set plays, etc over the past few games. I haven't taken as much issue with his coaching over the last few games, but then he hasn't had the opportunity to do much substituting either.

When he has veterans on the floor, he tends to let them work it out themselves.

It's a perfect scenario for the underdog Nelson. Rise above already very lowered expectations thereby wowing some. Considering all things, I think it's great that they are not getting blown out and are staying competitive. So I got to hand it to them on that level.

If Monta is Mr. Unbelievable, then Magette is Mr. Oblivious. He is doing his best to keep things positive, despite the walls caving in around him.
Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate that!!! The whole organization needs to get with the Cory Quwan program... lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:19 pm
LilBallerx8 wrote:I love how the NBA preview doesn't even mention the warriors.

Knightofoceans, your sig is my pick so far for best of 2k10 :)

Haha...I appreciate that! Luckily I was slightly intoxicated during the game so the loss didn't hurt that much.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Previous

Return to Game Threads