I think its silly duncan is starting over dirk

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32


Rookie
Posts: 48
» Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:02 am
Only because the game is in dallas. Jealous idiots in san Antonio just cant be happy so they have to stuff the ballot box for duncan. Dirk is also having a better year.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1143
» Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:22 am
Damn, Tim Dunkin' and Dirk are in the Warriors? Since when?
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:06 am
moved to NBA forum as this topic is not about the Warriors.

Role Player
Posts: 420
» Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:38 pm
bolswat wrote:Only because the game is in dallas. Jealous idiots in san Antonio just cant be happy so they have to stuff the ballot box for duncan. Dirk is also having a better year.


Who cares? The All-Star game is nothing more than a glorified exhibition match. It seems to be taken less and less seriously every year. It's probably more important who is on the floor at crunch time, and how the coaches distribute the minutes between all the superstars.

I really think the voting process of the All-Star game needs to be reviewed/changed. The fact that T-Mac almost made the starting line-up, and the fact that Iverson is starting are both a joke. Maybe coaches choose the starting line-ups, media choose some of the reserves and fans choose the remaining reserves. That's not ideal, but it needs to change.

I think they need to throw some serious money into the game as well. For example, the winning conference gets to split a million bucks or something like that. It's not like the NBA doesn't have the money. That way you'd see some quality basketball, not just guys throwing botched alley-oops from halfway, playing zero defense and not giving a crap. Most players are probably hungover/stoned from all the partying they do over the weekend anyway.

Having said all that, I'm still going to watch every minute of the game, and enjoy it.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:31 am
aussiebiedrins wrote:Who cares? The All-Star game is nothing more than a glorified exhibition match. It seems to be taken less and less seriously every year.


Exactly. I think the last ASG I enjoyed still had Magic taking part of it.


Actually, I think the last ASG I watched was when Vince Carter won the dunk contest. I just don't care anymore about the ASG.

Moderator
Posts: 5369
» Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:51 am
TMC wrote:
aussiebiedrins wrote:Who cares? The All-Star game is nothing more than a glorified exhibition match. It seems to be taken less and less seriously every year.


Exactly. I think the last ASG I enjoyed still had Magic taking part of it.


Actually, I think the last ASG I watched was when Vince Carter won the dunk contest. I just don't care anymore about the ASG.


u didn't see any of the Jason Richardson dunk contests... man, IMO he was better than Carter, but just did not have as much hype. JR should have been a three peat championship (and those dunks were ACTUALLY amazing)
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:58 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
TMC wrote:
aussiebiedrins wrote:Who cares? The All-Star game is nothing more than a glorified exhibition match. It seems to be taken less and less seriously every year.


Exactly. I think the last ASG I enjoyed still had Magic taking part of it.


Actually, I think the last ASG I watched was when Vince Carter won the dunk contest. I just don't care anymore about the ASG.


u didn't see any of the Jason Richardson dunk contests... man, IMO he was better than Carter, but just did not have as much hype. JR should have been a three peat championship (and those dunks were ACTUALLY amazing)


I was talking about the game itself. I don't remember the year, so I used the Carter reference, but I could have said the Oakland ASG as well...

Of course I watched the J-Rich dunk contests. But I skipped the game altogether. Just wasn't interested enough...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests