Pietrus is Back

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

After the 19-point against Seattle, should Mickael be starting?

Yes, over Murphy (Foyle, Dunleavy, Pietrus, Richardson, Davis)
6%
Yes, over Dunleavy (Foyle, Murphy, Pietrus, Richardson, Davis)
41%
Yes, over Richardson (Foyle, Murphy, Dunleavy, Pietrus, Davis)
6%
Not yet
41%
Not ever
6%

Total votes : 17

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:44 am
I'm as big of an Air France fan as you'll find, but I still think he needs another 10 games before we start him. His first game back, his shot was off. His 2nd game back, he was raining. It's the same old Mickael; inconsistently dominant. Lets play another 10 games and decide. You must admit, Mike's been playing a helluva lot better the last 5 or 6 games. He's competing for the spot (and he's undeniably acheiving as of late).

Decide on Mickael after 10 games of examination. But for the moment, leave him on the bench.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:48 am
I think that at the moment he can come off the bench but as soon as dun starts playing like usual, he should start!

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:54 am
Nows not the time.

He's never gonna start over Rich and Mikes been on a nice streak.

Starting him over Murphy is a terrible idea.

Reboundings been killing us all year.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:11 am
I'm with you, Cosmos. Murph's rebounding keeps him in the starting lineup regardless of whether he scores or not. Plus, Mike's hot streak is attractive, so best to not screw with it (I think Mike, when he's on fire, is worth more than Pietrus, when he's on fire... purely on versatility alone. Mike can seemingly do it all when he's playing well).
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:38 am
migya wrote:I think that at the moment he can come off the bench but as soon as dun starts playing like usual, he should start!

That wont take long. :)

As soon as mike gets secure he will start his passive play again.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:41 am
#32 wrote:You must admit, Mike's been playing a helluva lot better the last 5 or 6 games.

I admit it. But still would have Pietrus starting and Mike coming from the bench, giving the most minutes to the one who's playing better.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:43 am
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:You must admit, Mike's been playing a helluva lot better the last 5 or 6 games.

I admit it. But still would have Pietrus starting and Mike coming from the bench, giving the most minutes to the one who's playing better.

Couldn't agree more.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:38 pm
Dungpile question:

Can Dunleavy handle the point (aka: Scott Pippen running the triangle offense)? If he can, does it make sense for Monty to utilize Dumbwitty in this manner? Does a triangle type of offense make BD and JRich more effective (moving while not handling the ball)?

Air France reminds me a lot of Michael Cooper, a lockdown defender who can also spot up for the three.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:09 pm
Montgomery doesn't have the balls to bench any of the 'core' players. The logical move during the losing streak would be to bench Murphy for Ike. Yet he benched our best shot blocker, when everyone knows our defense was the problem spot.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:39 pm
The Real Newman wrote:
migya wrote:I think that at the moment he can come off the bench but as soon as dun starts playing like usual, he should start!

That wont take long. :)

As soon as mike gets secure he will start his passive play again.

Yea dun will be seen for the fraud that he is........... again!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:40 pm
steakandegggs wrote:Montgomery doesn't have the balls to bench any of the 'core' players. The logical move during the losing streak would be to bench Murphy for Ike. Yet he benched our best shot blocker, when everyone knows our defense was the problem spot.

Montgomery that cunnt :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:53 am
steakandegggs wrote:Montgomery doesn't have the balls to bench any of the 'core' players.

You might be right. Nevertheless, the 5 or 6 game sitting of Adonal Foyle shows us he's not afraid to shuffle up the starting lineup a bit. I wouldn't be surprised to see Murphy pulled in the next 5 games if he doesn't snap out of it. Right now, Montgomery appears to be searching for another lineup since the current starters have stopped meshing as of late. However, Monty seems just as high on Dunleavy as Fitz & Barnett, so don't look for him to sit Mike anytime soon (least of all while he's playing well).

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:47 am
#32 wrote:
steakandegggs wrote:Montgomery doesn't have the balls to bench any of the 'core' players.

You might be right. Nevertheless, the 5 or 6 game sitting of Adonal Foyle shows us he's not afraid to shuffle up the starting lineup a bit. I wouldn't be surprised to see Murphy pulled in the next 5 games if he doesn't snap out of it. Right now, Montgomery appears to be searching for another lineup since the current starters have stopped meshing as of late. However, Monty seems just as high on Dunleavy as Fitz & Barnett, so don't look for him to sit Mike anytime soon (least of all while he's playing well).

If Monty won't bench him (even with a clearly better player waiting to step up and play (Air France), how should he, Dungpile, be better utilized?
Point Forward?
Wing hitting cutters?
Spot up shooter?
Away from the ball mover?
etc.?

I bet the answer will be etc., but please give me more on how to utilize Dumbwitty.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:59 am
uptempo wrote:I bet the answer will be etc., but please give me more on how to utilize Dumbwitty.

Yeah, it's etc. He'd be best carrying the towels, bringing ice cream for Foyle, etc...

But, if it has to be on the court, from the bench. As a 3. Cutting his minutes if he sucks on any specific game.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:33 pm
TMC wrote:
uptempo wrote:I bet the answer will be etc., but please give me more on how to utilize Dumbwitty.

Yeah, it's etc. He'd be best carrying the towels, bringing ice cream for Foyle, etc...

But, if it has to be on the court, from the bench. As a 3. Cutting his minutes if he sucks on any specific game.

Why was this guy drafted #3 in the draft? Between him and Foyle, we sure wasted a few lottery picks. To think that the Warriors could have drafted either Amare Stoudemire or Tayshaun Prince instead of Dumbwitty and tinFoil instead of Tracy McGrady and Danny Fortson.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball