Game Thread: Denver Nuggets @ Warriors 2010-01-20

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors get a victory against the Nuggets?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:59 pm

YES
50%
NO
50%

Total votes : 8

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:37 pm
I will call this game a win just like the other one.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:53 pm
putrid and lazy defense.....lol
Nelson again played Ellis the ENTIRE game. That is the price you pay when you overwork a player. It's simply amazing Monta played as well as he did at the end, though the missed free through is pretty much inexcusable, but AGAIN....that's what happens when players have nothing left in the tank.

Even with 3 D-leaguers on the bench there simply is no excuse to make Ellis play so many minutes. If it's all because Nellie is gunning for that record, he better realize he's going to sabotage himself because it won't be long until Monta goes down. Ridiculous...especially considering he was complaining that his (surgically-repaired) ankle was hurting him...

Great game ruined again by way too many fouls, many of which came at the beginning of the 4th and were pretty suspect. That one on Maggette after he basically let Nene have a layup was one of the worst I've ever seen. That forced the Warriors to play extremely soft, and Billups made them pay every time.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:43 am
agreed he plays way too many minutes. But when the game is on the line you suck it up. He certainly does not lack for energy on the offensive side. But in the final few minutes he got blown by a couple times and then just stood there and watched as the help defense stopped the penetration forcing a dish, then his man (Billups) retreats to the 3pt line for a wide open three while Ellis is still picking his ass. there is NO excuse for that.

But he once again played great offensively (with the exception of a few terrible turnovers late in the game)
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:14 am
It's pretty amazing that the team is in it to win games with the injuries there is right now

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:36 am
Another monster game from the 9 Million dollar man, a mind blowing 4 points, go AB.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:59 am
warriorsstepup wrote:Another monster game from the 9 Million dollar man, a mind blowing 4 points, go AB.

Man he is still coming back from injury give him a break. He did get like 13 rebounds which is what we need from him. There is enough offense already with everyone else that plays.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:21 am
I actually think being short-handed can be a good thing. you get more chemistry and familiarity because of more playing time with the same group. just look at street pickup games...people play for hours and hours with only 5 people (maybe not at the same pace as NBA).... so I think the best athletes in the world should be just fine being short handed.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:47 am
rockyBeli wrote:I actually think being short-handed can be a good thing. you get more chemistry and familiarity because of more playing time with the same group. just look at street pickup games...people play for hours and hours with only 5 people (maybe not at the same pace as NBA).... so I think the best athletes in the world should be just fine being short handed.

I think the heap of injuries has been great because Monta and Maggette have been looking like real stars. This allows trading them at their highest value ever :)

Give me Chris Paul and Al Jefferson.

Monta and Morrow for Paul. Maggette and BW for AJefferson :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:53 am
metalface wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:Another monster game from the 9 Million dollar man, a mind blowing 4 points, go AB.

Man he is still coming back from injury give him a break. He did get like 13 rebounds which is what we need from him. There is enough offense already with everyone else that plays.

Free pass for AB, there can never be enough offense, the 2nd highest player on the team playing like the 4th highest, he needs to get it in gear, 4 pts in 30 minutes. So when he gets back fully from injury, its still not going to help his offense, have you seen AB try to shot a free-throw ? How can a player be in the league for that long and looks so uncomfortable still shooting. Damn if I was 7 ft tall.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:40 am

Yes. After taking just 4 shots.

What can he do is he's not part of this offense?.

Also, don't forget about his 13 boards, because without them, the game would have been over by the third quarter.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:44 am
How was Melo not called for the rape job on Tolliver at the end of regulation? It was the same thing as both Monta fouls, should have been a no call.....but if you call it on one side, you gotta call it on the other. He hit his arm before he got into the shooting motion, then smothered him as he was attempting the shot.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:58 am
"Always" Next wrote:How was Melo not called for the rape job on Tolliver at the end of regulation? It was the same thing as both Monta fouls, should have been a no call.....but if you call it on one side, you gotta call it on the other. He hit his arm before he got into the shooting motion, then smothered him as he was attempting the shot.

Same as every other Warrior game. The Warriors get no respect from the refs. Crappy calls against them and they don't get as many calls for them as the other team. Total crap. It really puts me off of the NBA in general. They choose the top players and give them all the calls. They were doing the same thing with Jordan.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:59 am
TMC wrote:

Yes. After taking just 4 shots.

What can he do is he's not part of this offense?.

Also, don't forget about his 13 boards, because without them, the game would have been over by the third quarter.

How much we missed Andris has been glaringly apparent over the last few games. His rebounding, blocking and comfort with monta and mags and the pick and roll has been a welcome return. He does a good job at that. And while we don't need him to be a 16pt a night scorer, just by the shear fact that he's an NBA player, he needs to develop a few strong moves underneath the basket, a somewhat reliable jump shot, and for god sakes a reliable free throw shot. It's really unacceptable for an NBA player to be that uncomfortable with THE most fundamental part of the game. What does every kid do before they ever join a basketball team? play H-O-R-S-E. Don't get me wrong, I love Andris. I'm just stunned sometimes watching him try to take a shot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Previous

Return to Game Threads