drew gooden

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:45 pm
he is a power forward who can definately play C at his size 6'11 242.

PG BARON
SG J RICH
SF PIETRUS
PF DIOGU
C DREW GOODEN
6 MIKE D

can you say scoring machines? all 6 can run the floor.

so what do we trade for him?
the one with more all around skill is obviously dunleavy so murphs gotta go. murph to cleveland, grew gooden, the bay area product, and a throw in.

cavs get: it would give the cavs better perimeter shooting and more scoring help for lebron. they have illgauskas inside, murphs outside would be a good fit for that team.

warriors get: an athletic player that brings toughness, inside scoring and rebounding both things the warriors lack in the post. i think paired up with diogu next to him, they would be rebounding machines.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:47 pm
thats me guys, chronic
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:16 pm
that would make us an one if not the most athletic team around.
stood by them through tellis frank
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:52 pm
Drew Gooden is 6ft 10 but looks more like 6ft 9. He is an underachiever that doesn't look like he is going to be anything! Rather Murphy with a bit of inside game, offensively and defensively!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:26 am
Anonymous wrote:can you say scoring machines? all 6 can run the floor.

so what do we trade for him?

Why would the Cavs want Dunleavy when they need a pg and help inside?. They already have Lebron, Larry Hughes, Luke Jackson, Pavlovic...

They'd prolly do it for Murphy, but Gooden has been traded 2 times already, and the Cavs wouldn't be too concerned if they lose him. I would be worried if we decided to trade for a guy with that resume...

But it would be better than what we already have at center. That's for sure.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:58 am
Drew Gooden is garbage. Ike Diogu's a better option at the 4. Develop Ike, keep Troy, and forget Drew.

Seriously, all you Bay Area hopefulls who STILL bitch and complain that we took Dunleavy ahead of Gooden, stop whining already. Gooden's not heading to the Warriors anytime soon and I'm tired of hearing about it. He's not that great anyways, so whats the big deal about?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:07 am
#32 wrote:Drew Gooden is garbage. Ike Diogu's a better option at the 4. Develop Ike, keep Troy, and forget Drew.

He wanted him to play center, not pf. Ike would be the 4.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:46 am
Drew gooden is lees of a center than ike.

The guy is not a post defender.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:03 pm
uh.. are you kidding? we dont need murphy the perimeter shooter we have enough players to do that. so you wouldnt trade for gooden's athleticism? this guy can rebound, block shots, catch the ball....... need i say more. to say he's garbage you a foo
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:56 am
The Real Newman wrote:The guy is not a post defender.

The guy ain't a defender at any position. But he's able to score a bit and grab a ton of boards.

He wouldn't be the second coming of Wilt, but he's better than what we have now.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:51 am
TMC wrote:The guy ain't a defender at any position. But he's able to score a bit and grab a ton of boards.

He wouldn't be the second coming of Wilt, but he's better than what we have now.

Sounds alot like the guy that's here now but Murphy can shoot from the outside!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:13 am
Yeah, but still different players. Murph is a better shooter, while Gooden can score inside and is a lot more athletic.

No one will be anything special, but both can help.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:33 am
Can see Gooden falling out of the rotation and just being a little used player because he has no unique skills that no other player on the team has. Murphy is a proven contributor atleast and has a great outside shot that works for him often

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:51 am
ChronicallyInclined wrote:uh.. are you kidding? we dont need murphy the perimeter shooter we have enough players to do that. so you wouldnt trade for gooden's athleticism? this guy can rebound, block shots, catch the ball....... need i say more. to say he's garbage you a foo

Troy Murphy can also rebound the ball (something Golden State desperately needs). In fact, he grabs more boards a game than Gooden does, so what are we gaining with Gooden? Inside defense? Nope, he's horrible at that. Post-game offense? Eh, not really. If we wanted to go for that, we'd give Ike more touches. Gooden's post game is average (at best). I'd rather have Murphy's better than average perimeter game. And Murphy can catch the ball just fine. So, in the end, you'd trade Murphy for Gooden to get more blocked shots...? Doesn't sound logical. Sounds like a Bay Area native still blinded by the appeal of having a homekid player on the roster. Gooden for Murphy would hurt the team more than help it.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:57 am
#32 wrote:
ChronicallyInclined wrote:uh.. are you kidding? we don't need Murphy the perimeter shooter we have enough players to do that. so you wouldn't trade for gooden's athleticism? this guy can rebound, block shots, catch the ball....... need i say more. to say he's garbage you a foo

Troy Murphy can also rebound the ball (something Golden State desperately needs). In fact, he grabs more boards a game than Gooden does, so what are we gaining with Gooden? Inside defense? Nope, he's horrible at that. Post-game offense? Eh, not really. If we wanted to go for that, we'd give Ike more touches. Gooden's post game is average (at best). I'd rather have Murphy's better than average perimeter game. And Murphy can catch the ball just fine. So, in the end, you'd trade Murphy for Gooden to get more blocked shots...? Doesn't sound logical. Sounds like a Bay Area native still blinded by the appeal of having a homekid player on the roster. Gooden for Murphy would hurt the team more than help it.

I think I have the numbers right but u can double check.

Murphy 8.5 reb in 35 minutes

Gooden 8.7 reb in 28.5 minutes.

So tell me again who is the better rebounder.

PS Gooden also boxes out people. And gooden's lateral quickness is second to none for a big man.(nbadraft.net), Murphy is a one dimensional player(just like gooden) but murphy has little else to go to if his jumper isn't working(42% FG). Gooden is a better player but I still don't care if we can get him because the warriors just wont go anywhere unless they show they want to play some freaking defense.
Last edited by The Real Newman on Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Next

Return to Trades