Say it aint so Big Mac

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:52 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:well they have certain cutoffs on milestones that are basically automatic ins to the hall. For the steroid era, they should just extrapolate and judge players based on the era. It shouldn't be a formal thing, but basically a guide that says, in this era the average HR's, RBI's, etc. were this compared to previous eras and have a different cutoff. Although, pitchers from the dead ball era are given a break, so maybe i don't know what i'm talking about.

However, I'm not a McGwire fan, but the fact that Baseball was on his and sammy's nuts to recover from the strike, i think it's hypocritical how they treat these guys. MLB knew what was going on and now it's like they have the plague.

why should there be different milestones when many of the pitchers they faced were juicing as well?
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:21 pm
bada wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:well they have certain cutoffs on milestones that are basically automatic ins to the hall. For the steroid era, they should just extrapolate and judge players based on the era. It shouldn't be a formal thing, but basically a guide that says, in this era the average HR's, RBI's, etc. were this compared to previous eras and have a different cutoff. Although, pitchers from the dead ball era are given a break, so maybe i don't know what i'm talking about.

However, I'm not a McGwire fan, but the fact that Baseball was on his and sammy's nuts to recover from the strike, i think it's hypocritical how they treat these guys. MLB knew what was going on and now it's like they have the plague.

why should there be different milestones when many of the pitchers they faced were juicing as well?

That's a good point, i don't know. You know the numbers aren't just skewed by the juice, the balls were juiced and the ballparks were being built incredibly small. It was just a thought. What an ugly era huh? i mean i enjoyed the Giants those years they were good and 2002 was awesome, but looking back, how terrible was it. Guys were hitting 50 bombs like nothing. Brady Anderson hit 50 for christ sakes.
Previous

Return to Sports Board