A Really Boring Thread........Seriously, Dont Bother Looking

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:32 am
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:49 am
I cannot believe Nelson didn't call a time out last night against the Cavs....

WTF??? he said something like "our best play is in transition with the flow".............

translation: I don't trust my guys to throw an inbound pass after a timeout..

:banghead:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:58 am
how about nelson coaching a 27 best team in the nba to have a legitimate chance despite tons of ****ing injuries and biedrins playing like crap at taking down second best team in the nba?
gee, this is beyond normal concept of 'partial', and to make comments like bigs, as if this board is some 'mason conference of elite truth knowers about every basketball decision' going behind the backs of otherwise thinking members - total loss of any class.
this board is becoming ugly in its level of discussion leading.
sad, a very sad factor for me.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:08 am
anyone can post here. so it's not a masonic thing...

inho, everyone has a right to their opinion.

re: Nelson

I'll give that he is the most successful coach this organization has seen in 20 years.

I think owner change is the biggest issue. and Nelson is due for the slow fade out. But, he's on his last legs. Some don't want to join the bandwagon on his last hurrah for the record. That's their right.. I happen to be one of them. He does a pretty good job coaching with what he has, but I find him stubborn and set in his ways. and decisions like not calling a timeout last night have me :scratch: Inho, he's not a legend and should not be immune from a simple win/loss assessment... fired....

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:21 am
except that it was posted in such a manner and was no better in its way of telling that he doesn't agree than were 32's posts. so, yes it is masonic. especially, with remarks, 'how anyone in its right mind (beware: all who agree are ''knowledgeable basketball fans'') can say this or that'. and the rhetoric of 'defending' nelson?! what, are you 'offending' then?

as for last game's end situation - yes it seemed like ellis wanted a timeout and nelson didn't - that was miscommunication. knowing track of nelsons' decision, he most oftenly don't call a time out in three point game 5 second left, but gamble on improvised attack with unset defense. knowing he's a fast break and uptempo coach, it's almost a given. why ellis an he miscomunicated, resulting in loss off second and determined attack, is not the thing i can comment on for the lack of nay information.
he let ellis force last play and this is what nelson is known to have done with leaders on his teams in such situations.
as to whether time out would've been better descision (if not the miscomunication factor), it's hard to tell. cleveland was up three and could have fouled forcing warriors to miss second free throw and most probably get the rebound. warrios would have to play against set defense which is again not a hundred percent of luck geting good shot off. etc.
the thing that made this play look ugly was miscomunication between ellis and nelson.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:47 am
I disagree on both counts Martin. but respect your right to your opinion.

we could argue on it all day and still it would be speculation...

I didn't like the call... time out is the logical thing...

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:04 am
you see, thing is i do not know if i liked the no time-out call or not. my point is - i want to see the logic behind it. knowing the logic behind it reduces the odds of getting angry for no or little reaosn (i.e. just for the sake of 'hating' nelson).
i have learned a lot by analyzing the plays and tactics nelson uses. it does not mean that for every situation i , as a coach, would use them, but it's good to know alternatives and see the trully inventing type of coaching mind at work, even though by now it (the degree of invention) has become lower.
for one, i like to discuss basketball and concrete situations of the particular game. not some metahistorical 'there is one good way of playing basketball' thus 'nelson sucks' nonsense.
yes, in this case calling atimeout might have worked if cleveland hasn't fouled, for we have curry, morrow and vlad and so on to hit a three. problem is, we have not been good at last seconds set plays, remember ellis travel? and i do not think refs would call a foul (ala denver game) on cavs at this situation. that probably would leave us jacking type of a shot curry has took yesteday for cavs would defend three point line like hell (being of the better defensive teams, odds get smaller).
now, in yesterdays situation, both vlad and morow were asking for ball, i have not seen the repeat, but vlad was pretty much open, could have ellis made a right pass (yes, he was in a funk on the behalf of the miscommunication), we could have had a nice open look from that decision.
this is what i saw and thought after the initial emotional burst.
overall was a tough game from undermanned warrior squad, and nice coaching job by nelson with, as usual, possibilities for double takes on nelson tactics. and it's ok with me that people have different views on it (and if they are brought in an argumentative manner, i can learn from that as well), as long as it does not become - ''**** nelson, i could do a better coaching job, look history tells us such and such, you are out of your mind to disagree, etc.''
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:49 am
My logic on the timeout has nothing to do with historical perspective. It's just my opinion that it was their best chance at a shot.

and Fvck Nelson! Ever since he power grabbed and fvcked over Mullin he gets no second chances (really 3rd or 4rth chances) from me. He's not a legend, and should be fired for their awful record. Win record or no win record... just my opinion I'll be the first to admit that's why I don't like him and that is why I cut him no slack in the coaching dept..... I am biased!!!

ok...

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:37 pm
The only thing i think about the Timeout was that we've been terrible at setting up 3's off an inbound late in games. Terrible. So i think transistion would have gotten a better shot if Monta didn't hesitate and if curry and monta didn't end up in the same spot. Once monta went to call time he should have just called it. But he hesistated and ran up court and had no option, i think if curry had been towards the top of the 3 point line he would have had a better look. Radmanovich was open too but that pass would have been risky
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:25 pm
martin wrote:how about nelson coaching a 27 best team in the nba to have a legitimate chance despite tons of ****ing injuries and biedrins playing like crap at taking down second best team in the nba?
gee, this is beyond normal concept of 'partial', and to make comments like bigs, as if this board is some 'mason conference of elite truth knowers about every basketball decision' going behind the backs of otherwise thinking members - total loss of any class.
this board is becoming ugly in its level of discussion leading.
sad, a very sad factor for me.

LOL!.........sorry Martin, didnt realise that "those" guys dont have access to the Off Topic section! so yeah, I am going behind there back and sneaking around in this special little section of the board right?

Jesus man, have I missed something here? have you been getting into some arguments lately?.............I just needed to vent my frustrations and view point somewhere, (outside of the repetitive drivel that goes on in Warriors Basketball) which is what they are doing with their frustrations and view points about how Nelson is doing a good job.........sounds fair to me.

In their logic and reasoning to counteract those who are down on Nelson, they put forth the reasons for why they are excusing Nelson the same as we put forth the reasons why we are not.

Sounds pretty fair to me again.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:36 pm
so go and make an argument, instead of using less visited forum section, make an argument, instead of using classless labeling 'they'.
as far as i know, lately there have been only two guys not going 'nellie sucks' route and these were me and chum. me and chum. so, which one of 'they' is beyond your understanding and rationale? which one of 'them' is drinking kool aid? which one of 'they' are so jizm infused thatare blinded to see how every team is scucesful doing not what nelson does?
sneaky big (insert whatever you like here).
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:42 pm
I hate Anderson Varejao
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:48 pm
martin wrote:so go and make an argument, instead of using less visited forum section, make an argument, instead of using classless labeling 'they'.
as far as i know, lately there have been only two guys not going 'nellie sucks' route and these were me and chum. me and chum. so, which one of 'they' is beyond your understanding and rationale? which one of 'them' is drinking kool aid? which one of 'they' are so jizm infused thatare blinded to see how every team is scucesful doing not what nelson does?
sneaky big (insert whatever you like here).

Ohh Martin........you do love this stuff huh. :wink:.........and thats why I love you! :mrgreen:

Man, the only reason I "sneaked" in here to vent was because Ive been making points/threads/arguments for weeks/months/years..........and Im just a little bored, dumfounded and sick of it now.

Also, Im sorry..........but I just cannot fathom how someone could defend him! so of course, it baffles and frustrates the hell out of me. It isnt anything to do with "who knows more about the game" or whatever it may sound like..........its about me trying to find any reason why and how someone would be able to look at what Nelson does with this team and think that its excusable and the right thing to do.

Thats why I said it like that, because I cant find or think about what that reason is.

Also, if you are taking this personally, as in you think I have labelled you as one of "them"...........funnliy enough, I havnt noticed you defending Nelson at all!!! LOL! (Probably because I havnt been able to read as much as usual). For your benefit, the people that I read and made me make that comment were = Pawno, Chum, Bodyguard and another guy (cant remember who but it wasnt you)

So, dont know if that means anythying to you, I presume not because your point is about me labelling people generally and trying to make it like I/others know more than them............but that really isnt it man, I just cant understand it and dont know what to say to them anymore. Dont particularly enjoy smashing my head against a brick wall.

Ps: Jesus, this is me!!! it could have been alot worse! :wink:

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:06 pm
ok. taken and eaten. off to analyzing games and 'defending' nelson wherever i feel there's enough data for that.
as for me, i see this team playing much better lately (except the stinker in portland) and if not 'one injury per game rate' i think we'd be seeing much better basketball every game. in the end, that's the only thing that matters to me.
(and of course, some arguments, even fierce ones, as well :mrgreen: )
as great heraclitus the dark said: 'truth is born in argument' :agrue:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:47 pm
Wow, talking about sneaking YOUR OWN thread from a year and a half ago back into the mix. :mrgreen:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum